Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Urtuk: The Desolation - open-world dark fantasy turn-based RPG

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
This monochromatic palate stuff needs to die. Its all shades of the color vomit, really hurts the eyes. Good luck finishing your game.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1181830/view/2217402051957218065

Progress (Conquest) update
Conquest mode, new faction and new battle mechanics.

Hello everyone!

We’ve been very busy the last two weeks with the new Conquest campaign map, and Urtuk’s new faction – the Forsaken.

We’re still working on the final design, and the Conquest campaign will likely go through many iterations until we can offer the best possible experience for the player.

This new mode features vastly different gameplay from the default campaign. The biggest changes are that you can field up to 12(!) units on the battlefield; capture and exploit sites like camps and fortresses; hire new mercs; manage more resources; and defend your holdings against other hostile factions with the same goal as the player – to seize every site on the world map. Furthermore, you’ll be able to build new structures on the world map like barricades and strongholds. You can also acquire metal from mines and craft gear for your conscripts, villagers who’ve enlisted to serve you.

Medicine will be a very scarce resource in this mode, so be prepared for men under your command to die. You will have a tough (and fun) time in this War of The Realms.

pAWdTBR.jpg

New battle mechanics

We listened to player feedback regarding ranged enemies, and decided to introduce a new counter to ranged attacks: a new trait, Deflection, that nullifies incoming projectiles!
Use any unit with this trait to shield your weaker characters, and arrows fired their way will vanish into oblivion! Of course, certain parameters must be met for a successful deflection, like elevation, range, necessary stamina, and projectile trajectory. Some enemies will also enjoy this advantage, so be wary!

youtube_16x9_placeholder.gif

Furthermore, we created a new hex tile, High Grass. Enemies firing at units in High Grass will suffer a -50% hit chance.

pJgWnCq.jpg

Forsaken

This hostile faction lives deep underground, and consists of warriors long dead and forgotten. Many ages ago during the Giant Wars, they were fearless, elite fighters. But after the war ended, the commoners feared their great strength and murderous rage in combat. So it was decided they would be cast out into the Deep Abyss. There they lived in darkness for centuries, and eventually died out altogether. But thanks to an unknown Mutation these ancients rose again, as undead but still intelligent warriors. Now they turn their rage on any who aren’t their own kin!

Visuals for 4 of the 6 Forsaken classes are already done, but class details (abilities, traits, strengths, weaknesses) are still being fleshed out.

Zw1BwwQ.jpg

We also want the Forsaken to be a bit more challenging than other factions, so hopefully we’ll be able to finish their formation AI in time for release. Programming AI is always one of the most difficult tasks in a strategy game.

That’s it for this update!
Stay well and stay tuned for more!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1181830/view/2217403321326512147

Progress update
New characters' banners, The Chasm and The Forsaken

Hello all,

for the past weeks we've done a good progress on new features and this is what you can expect in the following weeks to come:

The Forsaken

All graphical assets for the new faction are finished. Once the last 2 characters are animated, we'll be ready to set them loose in the world of Urtuk! These formidable warriors will pose a significant threat to your party. The Forsaken have special traits not accessible to other factions. They also use advanced tactics and will attack in formation, so don't underestimate them!

New biome and 4th zone - The Chasm

We have a new zone in the works - The Chasm
This biome will be used for the new 4th zone where the Forsaken make their dismal home. There are still a few outstanding mechanics and hazardous environmental features to implement before the battle maps are 100% ready.

Unit banners

In response to a frequent player request, you can now customize the appearance of your units on the battlefield. If you field multiple units from the same class, the ability to add banners will give you a clear overview of who’s who. On the party screen, you’ll have the option to equip every character with a banner, or just leave him without one if you prefer. We're also preparing editing tools so you can craft your own banners and import them into Urtuk!

zIBFlSN.jpg

Conquest mode

Conquest mode is still in active development while we refine the core mechanics and make sure everything’s balanced for a challenging player experience (which takes time of course). But we’re getting there. Anyone interested in playtesting Conquest mode can opt-in to our beta branch and play it right now! Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us shape the best possible game for public release.
If interested, head to our steam forum to find out how to play it:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1181830/discussions/1/

that's it for now!

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The game is a lot of fun, but is there a good way to get new weapons? Some of my guys are still using rusty stuff on the second map, while other guys have legendary silver equipment. Is it intentional that you only find a few weapon types? I've found five legendary two-handed swords and three legendary crossbows, but I have yet to find a one-handed sword, maul, or axe better than plain steel. Do they even exist?

Even with a terrible axe, the bounty hunter axeman tears shit up with mansplitter.

My guardian (sword and shield guy) struggles to keep up with everybody XP-wise. He mostly knocks things into holes to kill them, which doesn't seem to give very much or any XP. I don't have the little pop-ups I saw in a video that show when you gain XP. I try killing stuff with his sword, but his damage is just too puny. Shielding people also doesn't seem to grant XP, but I have no way to know.

I really like how the classes are different, and I often find myself missing a class I don't have in a fight, especially the warmonk, guardian, and priest.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Even with a terrible axe, the bounty hunter axeman tears shit up with mansplitter.

My guardian (sword and shield guy) struggles to keep up with everybody XP-wise. He mostly knocks things into holes to kill them, which doesn't seem to give very much or any XP. I don't have the little pop-ups I saw in a video that show when you gain XP. I try killing stuff with his sword, but his damage is just too puny. Shielding people also doesn't seem to grant XP, but I have no way to know.

Never tried the bounty Hunter Axeman but it seems he's a Bloodknight.
Piercing armor aside, they're killing machines.

As for the guardian, i have no trouble leveling them in the recent builds, just use them as OS lethal weapons when they don't have to protect your damage dealer, you push an enemy into a deadly pit, next ... And you can push them one or two squares, depending on the skill used ...
And they get xp for guarding adjacent allies.
Also, you can send the ones that are a little behind in training once you get some booze.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Never tried the bounty Hunter Axeman but it seems he's a Bloodknight.
Piercing armor aside, they're killing machines.

Does the blood knight get mansplitter as a normal ability? This dude walks around one-shotting dudes with his constant 250% damage output from using mansplitter every turn and having some focus critical attacks ready for him. When everyone else is doing 100 damage, he's doing 500 damage and demolishing armor. My bloodknights were kinda mediocre, but maybe I didn't level them enough. I ended up dropping them all from the roster when I found this guy fairly early in the game.

As for the guardian, i have no trouble leveling them in the recent builds, just use them as OS lethal weapons when they don't have to protect your damage dealer, you push an enemy into a deadly pit, next ... And you can push them one or two squares, depending on the skill used ...
And they get xp for guarding adjacent allies.
Also, you can send the ones that are a little behind in training once you get some booze.
I do use them to push people into pits whenever possible, but I don't think they get as much XP for doing that as they would for killing stuff. Maybe my problem is that he's still using a steel sword. I don't think he's useless, by any means, or I wouldn't have him on the team. He's good at stunning people by pushing them into walls when you can't push them into a hole or using his bash and move to get an enemy out of flanking position and protect that flank. I gave him light foot, so he can swap places with my guys as a free action and still bash or shield allies.

He's really good at his role of guarding people, but that just doesn't give the XP of killing dudes. He's one to three levels behind everybody else. Maybe he's an alcoholic, so I should be giving him all the booze to keep his level up. The hunter with range support gets around five times as many attacks as everyone else and I keep finding legendary crossbows, so of course the hunter is leaving everyone else in the dust.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Does the blood knight get mansplitter as a normal ability? This dude walks around one-shotting dudes with his constant 250% damage output from using mansplitter every turn and having some focus critical attacks ready for him. When everyone else is doing 100 damage, he's doing 500 damage and demolishing armor. My bloodknights were kinda mediocre, but maybe I didn't level them enough. I ended up dropping them all from the roster when I found this guy fairly early in the game.

Are you sure ?
Is it not high focus or something giving him access of this ability this often, i assume he's high level.

In some tough fights, i remember my low focus (but high AGI) BloodKnight having mansplitter ready every turn or so but it's much slower otherwise.

I gave him light foot, so he can swap places with my guys as a free action and still bash or shield allies.

I did too, lightfoot + stalwart and i wanted to give him poison res next, i think.
Didn't figure out how some mercs can absorb 3 mutators and others only 2 (or even one if i remember correctly).
You're right, i don't think it gives as much xp but my guardians were not behind (i have two as i got a high level one and i switch when one is recovering from a wound) but i got two good swords early so there's that and the sub trains to keep up.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron

Are you sure ?
Is it not high focus or something giving him access of this ability this often, i assume he's high level.
It's always ready, from his very first turn. I just checked the wiki and there's a note next to the bounty hunter (axe) that says it's a normal ability for the bounty hunter (axe) and an overfocus ability for the bloodknight. My current run would be a lot harder if I hadn't found this guy so early. Then again, I'd be using the snazzy legendary two-handed swords I've found if I stuck to bloodknight.

One interesting thing about the assassin is that the person he's flanking with seems to get at least one level of Brother in Arms every time he does his double attack. Since he seems to double attack twice a lot, he teaches people that skill very quickly.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Good to know, might be an interesting one to level up and save for tough fights, so far, it's the right amount of challenge without it.

I really want to use an assassin but i would need a 7th spot, Guardian, Bloodknight, javelin, crossbow, priest and warmonk is my dream team, i can't get over replacing any of them.
Only used him on a rescue mission and then a bit when the warmonk was wounded, he's interesting but i prefer to jump around, stun things and self-aegis, a fast warmonk is really good ...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
I started over because Urtuk as a priest is a disaster once he gets some bad mutations, like the one that makes you lose half your HP at the start of a fight.

I just went with the first six unique classes I found, so I'm running Hunter, Spearman, Footman, Bloodknight, Priest, and Assassin.

The assassin out-damages my bloodknight by a fairly wide margin. Being able to move again after you kill stuff really helps him stay healthy, too. Getting in a flanking position and attacking 3-5 times (and triggering two ranged supports) is just insane, especially with bleeding on the target, which he often does on the first attack.

Of course, I can't find any good two-handed swords this game, so the bloodknight is getting screwed by that and it makes him look worse than he probably is. I haven't seen my bloodknight get three kills in three turns yet.

The footman is OK, but the "best" move for him often puts him in very dangerous situations where he's surrounded. If he can catch a ranged guy out by himself, though, that guy is 200% locked down. Being able to push stalwart enemies is pretty nice, though. His reach weapon gimmick is kinda lame. I think that reach should let you attack up or down an extra elevation or maybe negate the penalty for attacking up one elevation. Maybe I just don't play him right, but he kinda seems like the weakest of the base human classes.

I'd probably ditch the footman for a warmonk, at this point, to get my assassin some easier flanks.

The enemies give the spearman such a wide berth that he doesn't get to do the free attacks too much, but keeping the enemies out of an area is often useful on its own. It does hurt his XP a bit because I often don't want to move him adjacent to an enemy to attack.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I find the footman only interesting in fortress assaults or when facing stalwart enemies because ram is the only way to push them.

I used the spearman quite a bit in previous builds, even a monster version, the latter was quite the beast but the regular footman is too defensive or not enough for my liking so he's often not that useful.

Besides damage, which the Bloodknight is very good at (he was nerfed, he was twice more deadly in earlier versions and so were the ranged units), he can jump attack to a target 3 tiles away, which is very useful.

A Guardian with high AGI will just block everything coming at your damage dealer as long as he stays close and with the protector perk, he'll also protect adjacent units later on.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.urtuk.com/boss-update-is-live/

Boss update is LIVE!

Here we go, we’re proud to release this “new content” update with lots of stuff in, mainly:

– 5 new bosses (with unique visuals, boss mechanics, unique map and special reward for each boss)
– 2 new starting factions: Swampers and Beasts
– several new battle objectives (village fights, missions, etc..)
– several new unique legendary items and mutators

We have introduced end zone bosses for each zone: with that you have to fight a unique grand boss before you can proceed to next zone.
Also, there are optional grand bosses roaming in the world of Urtuk and you might find clues how to reveal them!
Each boss comes with its very specific mechanics, and it is up to the player to figure out, what works best.
After defeating him, you will obtain a unique item which will add new game mechanics to your run!
For example, with the “Death Stone”, you can kill any of your party member and extract almost any of its traits (even if it’s non extractable after a normal battle).

We also listened to you players and your feedback and suggestions and made a big list of changes and improvements (HUGE thank you!).

Let’s summarize all of it in the changelog:
– in fort sieges, the enemy archers will be placed into balistrarias;
– balistraria: now will also prevent all displacements (bash, flip, ram, uplift,..);
– added new feature for player characters: unlocking ‘elite’ visuals. This ‘elite appearance’ can be achieved under some specific conditions.This change will only apply if you start new campaign.
– ‘The Champion’ trait: now unlocks at progress=3 (was 5); also it ads +5% dmg and +5% max hp
– Grand boss names updates (credit to: soma, savage, yeek, pupuc)
– weaponmaster quest: renamed ‘crossbowman’ to ‘huntsman’ and he now also teaches both
– crossbowmen & blowgun/pipetube classes (floaters)
– scav.warlord: increased absorp.slots: 2->3
– Unbreakable: removed the ‘taunt immunity’; added new trait ‘Unshakable’: grants taunt immunity (all bosses have it)
– Torturer: added new perk ‘Sadist’: on every 7th day, he injures himself (if not already injured)
– Valdorian Armour: reduced the armour bonus to +50% (was 100%)
– Added new grand boss: ‘Jester’ aka Baccayeek The Deathcatcher
– Torturer: removed Murdering sence, reduced max DR to 80% and rate
– Champion trait: dmg/max hp increased to 10%/10% (was 5/5)
– Made the ‘Swampers’ as starter faction (reach zone2!); Forsaken starter classesa available upon reaching zone3;
– 2h-sword: damage reduced by 10%
– Endzone boss for 1st zone is ‘Jester’ and for 2nd zone it’s the ‘Abomination’
– Added new ability: Throw Jester’s trap;
– swamp shaman: reduced start CONC; focus gain from casting spells reduced by 30%
– added a single Necroreaver fort for 2nd zone
– Ancient general: added def. & spine assets
– Bounty Hunter (axe): slots 4->1 For Boss fights calamities are disabled
– added new ‘boss fight battlequest (with map)’; some refactor (non-breaking!); additions
– Urtuk mutations: if ranged, some traits are filtered out (flagrant, quick refl., fast recovery), added Karwla speed and Lyncher.
– super healing: now recovery is done on 7th day (was 4th) and costs 10/10 blood/flesh
– battle quest updates
– bugfix: ramming rooted unit won’t trigger retaliation anymmore
– Added ‘Ancient General’ boss;
– fort/sieges: the contraints for ‘inside fort’ is now only applied based on distance from player spawns.
– fix: Armour piercing traits wont pierce through Valdorian armour
– Added ‘Beasts’ as starter faction
– improved RNG for focus mutator selection from fortress rewards (more variety!)
– improved RNG for village battle selection (more variety!)
– increased the ‘inside fort’ distance 4->5 (based on Kitten’s maps for best results)
– reduced villages capture count 35% -> 30% to reveal the exit node (and zone boss)
– reduced image size of ‘end turn’ button in worldmap
– Added new perk: “Flesh consumer”: now it’s used for the Beasts start.
– Added new mission: “Butcher(flesh)”: kill a unit and get flesh
– Barrel thrower min range changed 3 -> 8
– Volcano calamity: now oil spreads slower and dries out quicker (5turns -> 3)
– Added new battle quest: ‘Traitor’
– Beast bloody/toxic class have 100 absorp.slots now
– Forsaken ‘avenger’ (from elites reinf.) got speed buffs
– bugfix: bashing a target from balistraria will negate that effect
– Flesh bucher missions yields 40 flesh
– Flesh consumer: flesh upkeep raised by 25%
– ‘Avenger’ from forsaken elites should not interfere with the ‘win conditions’
– grand bosses: +20% HP, +Bloodless (let’s experiment, if it’s too much, I’ll remove it)
– Traitor battle quest: now if you attack just one enemy, all will turn on you (before only the attacked turned on you, while others were chasing the traitor)
– Natural Resistance: now cures both poison and bleeding at 1st turn
– zone-bosses have now their own special map; added ‘Forsaken King’ as 3rd zone boss (we use him (for now) also as optional grand boss in 1st zone with Death Stone reward)
– strongVS armour: now applies only when target has some armour hp left.
– Valdor Piercer now works only against armoured targets
– beast classes updates
– added new Village battle
– Character selection in the start screen: disabled re-roll of already selected character traits when other character has been changed.
– Beast porcupine: on self-hit spread poison cloud (ignores armour)
– beast rhino: added pushing criticals, small village(balistraria) updates
– Jester boss: reduced delirium charges 5->3 and HP by 20%
– Tatoo map count reduced to 7 (was 10) to reveal Torturer boss
– Many bugfixes, UI improvements, enhancements
– Chinese loc.updates
– Russian loc.updates
– French loc.updates
– Polish loc.updates

Unfortunately there are so many changes, improvements and additions in the campaign, that we could not make your current version of Urtuk compatible with the “Boss update” :(.
But fear not, as always, I’ll keep also the previous version in steam as an optional branch – so you can select it and continue playing your current run!

Enjoy!

David

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.urtuk.com/update-0-87-07-is-live/

Update 0.87.07 is LIVE!

Hey,

another month has passed and we have done further nice progress! We’ve added two new bosses, improved overall game balance and flow, added elite visuals for all human classes, created 5th highest difficulty and much much more!

Let’s summarize:

v.0.87.06+18
Added ‘Dismiss all’ button for closing all info messages in worldmap screen (upper left corner)
Added shortcuts(1-0) for selecting first 1-10 avatars in deploy phase
Ancient General: added karwla speed and mind of genius
bugfix: Barrel thrower won’t fire if 60% of units are ‘inside fort’
french loc.updates
polish loc.updates
russian loc.updates
minor fixes

Torturer ‘Sadist’ trait: now injures him on every 10th day (was 7th)
Added new ‘Hammer boss’ fight (The Judge)
v.0.87.07+1
Judge boss map update
minor fixes
Thick skin: reduced tier to I (was II)
Torturer ‘Sadist’ trait: now injures him on every 10th day (was 7th)

v.0.87.07+3
minor fixes (Ai should not try displace stalwart/rooted units)
russian loc.updates
Resilience: triggers now at 35% max hp(was 40%);
Flesh eater: improved the description
small fixes (ai-behavior forgot to setup in some quests)
Forsaken master (mini-boss): added Blood Curse II
minor updates
Champion unlock: villagers won’t count as ‘fighters’ for evaluation

v.0.87.07+4
Fort maps updates: added ‘reworked’ (by kitten) 3 older maps. After testing will add the existing kitten maps back.
Oil + vampire mission: added more ‘master’ classes to recruit pool and removed vamp lord
Traitor mission: reduced enemy count by 20%
Abomination & Forsaken King boss balance updates
Ancient General Boss (Mandoralen): raised lvl of his 3 bodyguards

v.0.87.07+6
Added new trait: “Adaptive body”: reduces any ‘speed penalty’ by 75%. All grand bosses have it now.
v.0.87.07+5
fort maps update (kitten): added reworked fort map

v.0.87.07+7
added new battle objective: ‘Defend catapults’;
maps updates
Deathcather (zone1 final boss): removed Leech, added Leeching Double Strike
Battle quest updates
text, russian loc.updates
Scout mission: increased duration to 6 days(was 3)
Poison resistance: minor fix
Added ‘elite’ looks for guardian class

v.0.87.07+8
Added new diff.: “Hell”
Jester & forksaken king boss map updates
Devil’s pact fixes;
added two new traits:’Evasion’ and ‘Sudden Throw’
Deathcatcher: removed Rooted, added Stalwart. All bosses: replaced Bloodless with Natural resistance
russian loc.updates, text upd.
maps update
dungeon biome: barricades gx updates

v.0.87.07+9
Added missing revenant classes (valdor reaper & necro warrior)

v.0.87.07+11
Jugde boss: increased HP by cca 300
russian loc.updates
Evasion bugfix
butcher mission(fles): yield 45 flesh (was 39)
For all 1h-sword classes added ‘Light Weapon’
Swords(1h- & 2h-) reduced shatter to 70% (was 100%). If it doesn’t work good (sub optimal), we revert back to 100%
combined kitten fort maps to total of 3+8=11

v.0.87.07+12
Added new grand boss: Amos The Champion;
Added new trait: Heavy javelin
Diff.names changed.
small updates
Beast puller: added Light weapon trait
Grap & Attack: now adjacent allies attack also critically

v.0.87.07+13
evasion: minor fix;
Peltast boss gx updates;
maps updates

v.0.87.07+14
english loc.updates (screeg)
Evasion: jumps to lower tile at max elv.diff = 1
Village reinf. battle: reduced the reinf.rate by 30%
maps updates
Amos – added Wage (for now until another balance mechanic is implemented)

v.0.87.07+15
Added logic for any diff.setting to ‘customize’ enemies. For now, Deathcatcher gets for epic/deso the DoubleLeechingStrike & Revitalizer
Torturer’s Tatto: now the map location is revealed immediatelly after you merge all pieces in party screen.
fixed some copy-edit merging (incorrect Encoding) issues
copy-edit updates (screeg)
Deathcatcher: removed Revitalizer and Leeching Double strike
jump, evasion: can jump up to a max. elev. level of 3.
Screen english loc.updates (merging back to java files)
russian loc.updates
minor fix
Amos – added wage (for now, as balance)

v.0.87.07+16
Amos the Champion: removed Wage; added new perk: Champion – after a battle, he goes train and thus won’t be available (in your party) for 7 days
Hell(desolation): increased injured recovery time, cost of medicine, recruit at black market, armour.guild
Light Foot: reduced cost of life essence to 22 (ie. is now tier I mutator)
Valdor classes: ‘Valdorian Armour’ is now applied only at epic/deso diff.
chinese loc.updates
french loc.updates

v.0.87.07+17
Exploration diff.: Necros have no HP bonus;
Adventure diff.: Necros have +15% HP;
Veteran+. diff.: necros – additional +25% HP (so cca x1.40 compared to exploration diff.)

Epic+ diff.: added additional traits for some classes (non-elites)

Veteran+ diff.: all Valdorians have Vald.armour; Deathcatcher has now double leeching strike & revitalizer (moved from epic diff.)
Revenants: all armoured revenants get Valdorian armour

v.0.87.07+18
some fixes bonefisher
beast porcupine: for veteran+ added ‘strongVs Isolated’ (enemy + player)

v.0.87.07+19
Deso diff.: some classes gained extra traits (google doc)
Deso: reduced XP levelup by 15%
Deso diff.: all grand-bosses have “Bloodless”

v.0.87.07+20
Revenant start camp.: they won’t send away boss recruits anymore – so you can have 3 starter revenants + Ivadd/Amos in the party
small updates
reduced fort reward medicine by one.
reduced ‘Flesh upkeep’ for beast campaign by 20%
Added ‘inside fort’ hex symbol in case of a siege battle

v.0.87.07+21
Deso diff.: added traits to some classes
Monster slayer quest: added Taunt immunity trait
Fort battle reward: medicine=3x; for epic+ difficulties: medicine=1x
map (fort) updates

v.0.87.07+22
small fix (save break)
Ivadd: added new trait: “Die not so fast!” (disables progress of injury to death if not treated with a medicine)

v.0.87.07+23
completed all ‘elite skins’ for human classes (ie.: berserker, footman, bloodknight, spearman, hunter, priest)
reinf. now can spawn at tiles with hazardous objects (traps, spikes,..) but not into dead zones.
Soldier perk: on hit dmg reduced to 13% (was 15%) to trigger
Ancient General: increased the ‘awake’ rate of Valdorian soldiers 2->3;
Devil’s pact damage is now calculated based on the attacker’s MAX HP x 10.

v.0.87.07+24
deso diff.: added some traits to classes (see google doc)
french loc.fix

v.0.87.07+25
Warmonk elite assets added
improved rewards for ‘Collapsed Mine’ quest
Delirium removed from Urtuk’s mutations pool

v.0.87.07+26
minor bugfix

v.0.87.07+27
small improvements on UI

Unfortunatelly this update is not save compatible with the previous version (0.87.06), but fear not, you can continue your current run: just opt-in into steam branches and select the ‘steam – 0.87.06’ and you should be fine.

Cheers,
David

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.urtuk.com/update-0-87-08-is-live/

Update 0.87.08 is LIVE!

800x450.jpg

Hello all!

we have been quite busy for another month and have done further progress.
What has been done in a nutshell?
Added new boss: Victor the Marksman, comleted all elite visuals for all classes, improved balance and added some new stuff!

Let’s see what’s in this update:

v.0.87.07+28
Fixed the bug with ‘re-rolling’ traits when starting campaign
Amos boss fight: you can’t retreat from that fight anymore
Beast Turtle: added Round Strike to random traits
added some additional traits to classes (thx yeek: quick reflexes for warlord, recovering criticals for marauder, fast thinker for shaman)

v.0.87.07+29
minor fix: boss scaling (amos & judge)
french loc.updates
small updates

v.0.87.07+30
Grand bosses: they will now refuse to go to any mission
Jester: removed ‘Immobilizing crits’ trait, but kept it for deso dif.
Deso diff.: added some traits to classes (google doc)
Torturer’s Tatto mutator cannot be upgraded with Lifestone
small bugfix
small improv. in game setup UI
Amos champ. boss updates (deso only)
v.0.87.07+31
Valdor piercer fix

v.0.87.07+32
Torturer tooltip minor fix
2h-sword: raised armour shatter to 85%
Snipe: lowered stam.cost to 75
Werebeast (hook): added Flesh eater (all diff.)

v.0.87.07+33
deso diff.: added additional traits to enemies (see google doc)
Urtuk mutations: recovery changed to rec.II
fort map fixes
minor updates
Forsaken Wrath: reduced healing aura effect by 20%

v.0.87.07+34
small updates, fixes
Torturer minor fix
deso/epic diff. recovery injury times reduced by a bit
map updates

v.0.87.07+35
Valdor piercer bugfix

v.0.87.07+36
small updates, typos fixes
deso diff.: starter classes get +1 extra absorp.slots

v.0.87.07+37
Village center defender battle(yellow escapes): now if you kill 50% of the initial (village center) enemies, the reinf. will stop
Removed wage from rescued prisoners from village tunnels

v.0.87.07+38
Siege defend battle allies scale fix; Urtuk mutation count raised to 4(was 3), last 4th triggers at day 170
bugfix: applying speed penalty on shatterproof units has not applied ‘slowed’ effect.
Urtuk mutations: now player can choose from 2 candidates traits. The not selected trait can still occur in the next mutation event.
Urtuk mutations: added Overdose & Delirium (once again)

v.0.87.07+39
small UI improv.

v.0.87.07+40
fort maps updates (kitten)
added new ‘elite’ visuals for: Bount hunter, Bounty hunter (flail), Beast rhino, Beast porcupine, Beast puller, new skin for Vampire origin

v.0.87.07+41
Added ‘Butcher for Blood’ misison
Necroreaver: thick skin & monster heart is now not extractable to not bloat the reward screen
Amos: changed ‘unavailability’ days 7 -> 5
added elite skin for Bounty hunter (javelin)

v.0.87.08+1
new ‘fort map’

v.0.87.08
Final battle: pulled the ‘fort tiles’ by 1 hex; Ivadd: the max DR for player is now 50% (was 80%)
scav.warlord: replaced his foc.abilty with Rend Armour
Amos: ‘train days’ reduced 5->4

v.0.87.08+3
Desolation diff. traits update for some classes (google doc)
small updates
AI: added the possiblity for enemy AI to throw all types of traps. The enemy traps are ‘red highlighted’ so player can differenciate them from his own traps.
Stalwart refactored (using now battle.canDisplace); new trait: IgnoreStalwart
Added elite skin for Vampire origin
gx updates
Vampire lesser: using now the Vampire origin skin
Added spine2d model for ‘Marksman boss’
Urtuk mutation ‘Delirium’: increased charges 2->3
Reduced some calamities’ durations.
Amos: added ‘Quick learner’ to compensate his ‘unavailbility’

v.0.87.08+4
Marksman boss (Victor): is now available in the world (special condition must be met to reveal him)

v.0.87.08+5
Ivadd: nerfed his traits & stats once he gets to player party
Ivadd: capped his +dmg trait from attacking allies at +100% dmg. Also reduced the +% dmg per attack +20% -> +10%

That’s it!

Unfortunately, this version is not save compatible and will break your current saves. But fear not!
You can still continue playing your current run, just opt-in into “Betas” from steam app, and select the ‘steam – 0.87.07’ version from the selection of versions.

Thanks a lot for all your support and feedback!

David

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom