Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

User Gallery Feedback

I can't edit my album. When I try to set a thumbnail, I can generate the preview, but when I click edit album (which is the only button I can imagine would save any changes on this page) I get the error, "selected parent album is invalid." I've tried creating an actual album and specifying that but it's giving me the same error.

Also, how is the preview function on the edit album screen so fast and all the gallery loading stuff is so slow? And how long must we suffer OSK's thumb? Or the user gallery thumb?

8581.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Occasionally Fatal said:
When I try to set a thumbnail, I can generate the preview, but when I click edit album (which is the only button I can imagine would save any changes on this page) I get the error, "selected parent album is invalid."
I assume the "Parent Album" field is blank or is set to "User Galleries"?

Occasionally Fatal said:
Also, how is the preview function on the edit album screen so fast and all the gallery loading stuff is so slow?
You mean, why does loading a single image happen so fast where-as loading a page full of images is slower? Gee, I dunno but it might have something to do with the fact that generally speaking, loading a single image is fast where-as loading several images (including the page they're held in) generally takes a bit longer.

Occasionally Fatal said:
And how long must we suffer OSK's thumb? Or the user gallery thumb?
Eternity.

DarkUnderlord said:
Occasionally Fatal said:
When I try to set a thumbnail, I can generate the preview, but when I click edit album (which is the only button I can imagine would save any changes on this page) I get the error, "selected parent album is invalid."
I assume the "Parent Album" field is blank or is set to "User Galleries"?

Nope. Parent album is a drop down field with no option for either of those things. I can select "Occasionally Fatal (204)" or "= Test (210)".

DarkUnderlord said:
Occasionally Fatal said:
Also, how is the preview function on the edit album screen so fast and all the gallery loading stuff is so slow?
You mean, why does loading a single image happen so fast where-as loading a page full of images is slower? Gee, I dunno but it might have something to do with the fact that generally speaking, loading a single image is fast where-as loading several images (including the page they're held in) generally takes a bit longer.

I accept this, however, when I tried an album with one image vs the preview the latter seemed to load faster, so I was just curious if you were doing something interesting on the preview page.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom