Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

User names above or below the avatars? (Poll)

I prefer to have:

• Total voters

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Should the user names be above the avatars as before or below as they are now?

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Just so people remember what it looked like in the olden days of last week:

behead1.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Surprisingly controversial. Below actually seems to be winning slightly.

Edit: Not so much anymore.

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Below actually seems to be winning slightly.
This is why democracy is a myth. You ask the cattle to vote for something - the result will always be wrong. Thankfully democracy is purely decorative in the entire world and the cattle is never even given a real choice in the first place.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The name below forces one's mind to focus on the avatar first instead of the name. Perhaps that's easier for less literate people: Pictures are easier to remember.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
The name below forces one's mind to focus on the avatar first instead of the name. Perhaps that's easier for less literate people: Pictures are easier to remember.
i actually like that the first thing you see is the avatar. is more personal and less formal, especially for users you know.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think the username font is too small, and it may be hard to read for some. Also, what if the reader is reclining at a 45 degree angle? this theme's clear preference for cartesian oritentation is orthogonal to providing good readability.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Good thing the Codex was never a democracy but a benevolent dictatorship at best.
Without a happy userbase, the Codex will end up like RPG Watch.

In other words, DU is providing a service which is paid for either through donations or ads.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
What makes you think the userbase of RPG Watch is unhappy? I'm not sure what your point is, really.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Still not sure what this obvious fact has to do with my comment?

She's trying to motivate you to care about user opinion, especially when it can be demonstrated to fall in a majority view. Such as with... a poll.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Just so people remember what it looked like in the olden days of last week:

behead1.jpg
Fuck off with the Vanician magic system. It is shit. Go fuck yourself idiot. There is a reason why games have gone to a cooldown system, because it is better. If the Vanician system was better then it would be universally used today, but it isn't. Does Diablo Immortal use the Vanician magic system? No! Vanician magic system is slow, it is unweildy, it takes time away from the play to micromanage skills that exist on their magic bar. Even Diablo 2 doesn't use the D&D system.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Keep users happy = listen to what users want = active and popular forum = more bucks for DU
That's what we're doing around here, yes. But it still never has been a democracy. For the record, I don't care either way about the user names because the position above or below has no consequences on anything beyond personal preference (if any). So it's purely cosmetic.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
For the record, I don't care either way about the user names because the position above or below has no consequences on anything beyond personal preference (if any). So it's purely cosmetic.
So why not simply do what the majority wants? I also think that it is better usability to have the username on top.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Who said that we won't? Kinda busy right now, you've probably noticed. This isn't exactly high priority in the scope of things still not functioning, though it is a trivial change.

SevenSidedDice

Learned
Code:
.message-avatar-online {
    display: none;
}

.message-avatar {
    position: relative;
    top: 30px;
}

h4.message-name > .username,
.userTitle,
.message-userTitle {
    position: relative;
    bottom: 110px;
}
4aRXRpl.png

Still needs more than a minute of work.

Last edited:

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
That whole bit will need to be edited to add all the extra stuff from XF1 anyway.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
It should be all oriented towards the left (as before). And the custom text below the name needs to be smaller (as before).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom