Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

User names above or below the avatars? (Poll)

I prefer to have:

• Total voters

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No poll option for "Who cares? Who is so obsessed with making it look exactly like before that this is important? Is there any actual reason? Not worth the effort, stop wasting everyone's time." Please add it. ktxh

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I can change the userbox template. No worries.

Are you sure it won't grow it on you? I find the new layout more legible somehow.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I can change the userbox template. No worries.

Are you sure it won't grow it on you? I find the new layout more legible somehow.
The majority prefers the names above the avatars. I do too, partly because it has better usability.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
No poll option for "Who cares? Who is so obsessed with making it look exactly like before that this is important? Is there any actual reason? Not worth the effort, stop wasting everyone's time." Please add it. ktxh
Taluntain, don't let yourself get sucked into the black hole that is Lady Error's autism.

You'll never escape.
What are you two retards prestigious gentlemen going on about?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
The majority prefers the names above the avatars. I do too, partly because it has better usability.
Alright. Will do tomorrow.

Keep these bug reports piling on so there's something for me to fix tomorrow morning.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Taluntain, don't let yourself get sucked into the black hole that is Lady Error's autism.

You'll never escape.
I won't, Twiglard can play with it if he likes, because it's really inconsequential overall, but to me the current positioning looks perfectly good. This obsession with every single line and comma having to look exactly as before as if any change, no matter how minor, must be avoided at all costs, is beyond unhealthy.

From a design POV, it looks better as it is now because there isn't a sandwich of text/graphic/text but graphic/text only. It's also slightly better from a usability POV. But I'm not going to waste my breath arguing in favour of leaving it as it is because it's not worth the effort.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
With the new layout it's easier to find both the username and the avatar at a glance. Isn't this the case for you too?

Generic-Giant-Spider

Just so people remember what it looked like in the olden days of last week:

behead1.jpg

One of the best posters to ever live.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Who cares, this forum is dead.
Everything that could have been discussed on the subject of RPGs has been discussed. All other discussions are just a way for people to come out as disappointments with their unapologetically stupid takes. Then take this experience and multiply it by 8 years of being here.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Done. I'm not getting rid of the online button just yet. But it's no longer acting as a ball gag.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hahaha. Well now I'm going to be a complete and utter hypocrite and complain about the current form, which has the name, title, staff labels, etc. all piled on top and then the avatar pushed way down. Avatars now look weighted under a heavy burden of text. If the name must be on top, it should be only the name above, then the avatar, then the biographical info.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom