Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vagrus: The Riven Realms - post-apocalyptic fantasy caravan master RPG - now with Sunfire & Moonshadow expansion

Zeriel

Arcane
Oof. I had some imperial talk to me but just told him to fuck off, wonder if that locked me out.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
No idea if that actually leads to finding out more about it, though. All I know is that theres an imperial spy in the tavern that I can talk to once I figure out a way to weaken the dragonclans to allow the imperium to reclaim Salum for themselves.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
anyone else annoyed that you can't have 8 authority even with passive buffs? Can't get all the deputies,which is pretty stupid.

boys, never play late at night.
i saved *after* recruiting the tough guys in lumen instead of before, now their quest is just too tough and i'm stuck carrying them around forever. at least they pack quite a punch in fights.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Spending 10+ days finding the correct node out of 34 that contains the outlaw camp. Ofc its right on the edge of the circle so I didnt scout it until I spent way too much time in the wilderness, costing me most of the profit of the contract. :negative:

Managed to steal 2 Beasts of Burden from a random encounter on my way back.
:dealwithit:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yo,make sure you save before recruiting the half elf chick in the sand worm quest. She just disappeared on me,even if she have an active companion quest lol.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Spending 10+ days finding the correct node out of 34 that contains the outlaw camp. Ofc its right on the edge of the circle so I didnt scout it until I spent way too much time in the wilderness, costing me most of the profit of the contract. :negative:

That is why i save before exploring and just load and got straight to them once i found them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ahhh also make sure you take the companions from lumen when doing the dwarf quest. If you tell the that you will take them later they will disappear and you won't be able to finish the quest. Fuck....too many buggy/broken quests,it keels the fun of the game.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
That is why i save before exploring and just load and got straight to them once i found them.
Eh, its not that bad. Just means you have to pay a few more wages, which are usually made up for by the random trade goods you find while exploring. Overall I find myself savescumming a lot less than in both sunless sea and battle brothers.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
So, about the bounty in Avernum that you solve within the city, there's a haunted Warehouse and, once inside, theres a Skillcheck that requires a Dwarven Background, having Garrik or having >10 Perception. I fill 2/3 of those, and it states it only requires one of them. I get the line about noticing the draft of air, but nothing else is happening, and after leaving the warehouse (which is the only option), the quest simply fails. I still have the option to ask around in the neighborhood, but I gain no new information whenever I try that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sztaszov yo did you fucked it up ? I can't record dreams on the crystal,i don't even have dreams at all. Did anyone else had dream events ???

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So, about the bounty in Avernum that you solve within the city, there's a haunted Warehouse and, once inside, theres a Skillcheck that requires a Dwarven Background, having Garrik or having >10 Perception. I fill 2/3 of those, and it states it only requires one of them. I get the line about noticing the draft of air, but nothing else is happening, and after leaving the warehouse (which is the only option), the quest simply fails. I still have the option to ask around in the neighborhood, but I gain no new information whenever I try that.
There is two lines,then you detect that there is hidden room with some weirdo that summons demons. You need scrying or what eva was called. A wizard skill and maybe the item equipped on the caravan.

Zeriel

Arcane

The higher tier merc contracts that have a huuuuge radius and 3~ fights you have to do are awful. It just makes me never want to do them again. They really need to find a UI solution to that whole rigamarole of finding the fights with multiple nodes and being able to keep track of which nodes you already cleared.

Zeriel

Arcane
Sztaszov yo did you fucked it up ? I can't record dreams on the crystal,i don't even have dreams at all. Did anyone else had dream events ???

It works fine. Did you actually succeed with the dreams?
What dreams?? I don't get any. I get some even that take -1 morale and vigor when successful checked.

You should eventually get an event where you have a dream where you're wandering in a wood or whatever. You have to face the entity and succeed at a massive will check. This continues until you succeed it (well it continues when you succeed it too, but that's besides the point).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

What dreams?? I don't get any. I get some even that take -1 morale and vigor when successful checked.

You should eventually get an event where you have a dream where you're wandering in a wood or whatever. You have to face the entity and succeed at a massive will check. This continues until you succeed it (well it continues when you succeed it too, but that's besides the point).
I remember it from the early access version that i played a year ago. But that shit doesn't trigger now. I am like 1000 days in the game. Could be place specific or something.

Zeriel

Arcane

I remember it from the early access version that i played a year ago. But that shit doesn't trigger now. I am like 1000 days in the game. Could be place specific or something.

I've gotten it on every playthrough just wandering around. The lore does say the wind fades off as you get further away from the SW, but I've seen those events all over the world.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I've gotten it on every playthrough just wandering around. The lore does say the wind fades off as you get further away from the SW, but I've seen those events all over the world.
I get the wind events but not the dream ones.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
There is two lines,then you detect that there is hidden room with some weirdo that summons demons. You need scrying or what eva was called. A wizard skill and maybe the item equipped on the caravan.
Ah alright, will try to come back at a later point then. Companions are still all Level 2 and I havent finished any of the companion quests yet. Just picked up Skornar and Nedir, I fully expet Gorgoro to piss off sooner or later, so its nice that Skornar can take his place.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ah alright, will try to come back at a later point then. Companions are still all Level 2 and I havent finished any of the companion quests yet. Just picked up Skornar and Nedir, I fully expet Gorgoro to piss off sooner or later, so its nice that Skornar can take his place.
The best mage is a dragon girl,she is on the road that goes to devin,north from the crossroad. But don't go there with transport missions since you will need to take her south,fast.

Zeriel

Arcane
Crifta will also tell you about the secret room. Not sure if it just requires having her or having done her storylines.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
I picked up all 8 companions, only one missing is Eylani (unless they added new ones recently, I think there is only 9). I went into the warehouse with all combinations of companions, so maybe its an issue of loyalty or needing to progress their storylines a bit more. Not a big deal, not much to do in Avernum or with the tribes right now anyway. Will go investigate the Yrgs a bit and see if they make suitable mounts for a combat/slavery oriented comitatus. Lizards don't seem worth it at all, sadly.

What's the best location to pick up a dwarven compass? Saw a few locations where I could sell one, but haven't found one for my caravan just yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom