Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vagrus: The Riven Realms - post-apocalyptic fantasy caravan master RPG - now with Sunfire & Moonshadow expansion

Salvo

Arcane
How come the knowledge ambition isnt in?

agris

Arcane
Patron
If you already recorded the dreams/resisted the banshee and got insight, there's nothing left to progress. It just keeps giving you insight periodically.

Oh you said you can't record it? If it doesn't show up as recorded in the journal I don't know what to say, worked for me. If you can turn in the mission after doing all the other stuff it shouldn't matter though. I heard it's not very important.
Fuck,it is pretty annoying release. Plenty of broken quests and half arse thing. The worst part is that most of that shit could fixed.
This is part of what I was getting at with your use of cheat engine and the devs post that it can fuck up a game. A lot of this shit that you’re encountering reads like scripts that aren’t firing or missed triggers. That’s exactly what can go wrong when you speed up the game with cheat engine, the engine is designed to checked for those things every X game ticks, and cheat engine speed increase blows that up.

way back when KOTOR 1 or 2 were released, I remember someone found a way to speed up the game and BioWare or obsidian had to release a statement warning players that speeding up the game would likely break scripts and cause triggers to not fire.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
So far I encountered zero game-breaking issues, beyond the game being laggy during companion combat when the enemies are calculating their turns. All quests could be resolved in one way or another as well (so far).

The only annoying thing is that I occasionally have to restart the game, as the scroll-bar in the cargo screen will disappear and make it impossible to see all items.

If you already recorded the dreams/resisted the banshee and got insight, there's nothing left to progress. It just keeps giving you insight periodically.

Oh you said you can't record it? If it doesn't show up as recorded in the journal I don't know what to say, worked for me. If you can turn in the mission after doing all the other stuff it shouldn't matter though. I heard it's not very important.
Fuck,it is pretty annoying release. Plenty of broken quests and half arse thing. The worst part is that most of that shit could fixed.
30 hours in, the game has been rock solid to me. it only got stuck once, after i emptied a nest of bugs for a bounty, ui became partially unresponsive and had to kill the exe. other than that, not a single issue. perhaps the wraith companion vanishing into thin air, but i might have missed his demise somehow.
i just wish companion quests were clearer. still no idea what to do with the orc and the mantis bartender, and the dwarf after the first step.

Jinn

Arcane
This is part of what I was getting at with your use of cheat engine and the devs post that it can fuck up a game. A lot of this shit that you’re encountering reads like scripts that aren’t firing or missed triggers. That’s exactly what can go wrong when you speed up the game with cheat engine, the engine is designed to checked for those things every X game ticks, and cheat engine speed increase blows that up.

way back when KOTOR 1 or 2 were released, I remember someone found a way to speed up the game and BioWare or obsidian had to release a statement warning players that speeding up the game would likely break scripts and cause triggers to not fire.

This is exactly what I've been thinking. And if true, he's sadly been giving a game he in the past wanted to very much so succeed a bad rap at release - the time they needed solid support from their community the most. I also haven't had a single quest or script bug in the 20 hours I've played. Worst I've experienced is the UI being a bit fiddly and the engine chugging here and there.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Seems pretty repetitive and time wasting. Would be fun if every place is unique with some lore and shit. But i had done like 3-4 dungeon dives and they are all the same. That is why i am asking if there anything interesting in there.
\

Dungeon delves are not fun?
Also what is this banshee/dreams? Can you spoil it.

agris

Arcane
Patron

This is exactly what I've been thinking. And if true you've sadly been giving a game you've in the past wanted to desperately support a bad rap at release - the time they needed solid support from their community the most. I also haven't had a single quest or script bug in the 20 hours I've played. Worst I've experienced is the UI being a bit fiddly and the engine chugging here and there.
fantadomat you don't need to be defensive, its fine you cheat like a gypsie, but we're trying to help you and others reading the thread.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I just discovered that half the map does not even exist in the game which made me disappointed. I thought after we solve the Wind issue thing we would be able to go north or south, but no. The intial areas you can access is all that you will get. I deleted the game because of this because I feel cheated.

same here, i thought i'd have been furious instead if just made me sad. i want to believe in further developments, i truly want.

Jinn

Arcane
I just discovered that half the map does not even exist in the game which made me disappointed. I thought after we solve the Wind issue thing we would be able to go north or south, but no. The intial areas you can access is all that you will get. I deleted the game because of this because I feel cheated.

You're going to feel however you're going to feel, obviously. But how is a playing field with 80-100+ possible hours of content on it a swindle, particularly for the asking price? They wanted to represent the full map of the continent as it is understood by the inhabitants of the world, and possibly even show a glimpse of what's to come with additional content. Why would there be a fog of war or anything like that when the geographical borders and major cities have been charted and is common knowledge?

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You're going to feel however you're going to feel, obviously. But how is a playing field with 80-100+ possible hours of content on it a swindle, particularly for the asking price? They wanted to represent the full map of the continent as it is understood by the inhabitants of the world, and possibly even show a glimpse of what's to come with additional content. Why would there be a fog of war or anything like that when the geographical borders and major cities have been charted and is common knowledge?

The map should have been cut on the gates imo. I was playing on the assumption that I would get to open those areas after some hard work, but nope.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

This is exactly what I've been thinking. And if true you've sadly been giving a game you've in the past wanted to desperately support a bad rap at release - the time they needed solid support from their community the most. I also haven't had a single quest or script bug in the 20 hours I've played. Worst I've experienced is the UI being a bit fiddly and the engine chugging here and there.
fantadomat you don't need to be defensive, its fine you cheat like a gypsie, but we're trying to help you and others reading the thread.
No,you are just talking about shit you don't understand.

How good is Vagrus' writing if Planescape is a 10/10?
It is good,shame that the most interesting places are talked about but you can't visit them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Seems pretty repetitive and time wasting. Would be fun if every place is unique with some lore and shit. But i had done like 3-4 dungeon dives and they are all the same. That is why i am asking if there anything interesting in there.
\

Dungeon delves are not fun?
Also what is this banshee/dreams? Can you spoil it.
Well dives are just some random text,then click go in to next room,more or less the same text,go in the next room,maybe a few shitty ghost battles and the end screen shows you what loot you got.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
He's a retard for sure.
I can understand the feeling of frustration. I was sad too. On the other hand I still havent even visited chunks of the map at all, let alone feel comfortable staying there for long periods of time due to lack of supplies/sustainability, so there's plenty more to explore. Having a big gameworld and closing parts of it off isn't bad if the game offers a lot of freedom to explore the accessible parts. If anything, it makes me hopeful that the continued development of the game will open up new parts in the future, so I can start a new playthrough and immediately set out to conquer the new content.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
The character images are offputing as fuck because the stances look unbalanced. Like if you stood that way irl, you would have to stumble and regain your balance.
SO ANNOYING TO LOOK AT!!!! :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

oscar

Arcane
The parts of the map that you can't access sound a lot more pleasant and hospitable than the New Empire from their mentions in the lore (not that I'm super far in or anything). It might be a deliberate thing where the designers want to keep you constrained to the most dangerous and shitty region of the setting (as opposed to lands where it's easy to survive off the land, cities are safe and the roads are well patrolled).

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, that too. It's why I think the places that should be added in DLC are the northern wastes, not the Province, for example. Toht & the wasteland in the north like the City of Darkness, maybe some of the other "off limits" areas could have exploration events like the Vortex.

Sztaszov

Lost Pilgrims
Developer
The parts of the map that you can't access sound a lot more pleasant and hospitable than the New Empire from their mentions in the lore (not that I'm super far in or anything). It might be a deliberate thing where the designers want to keep you constrained to the most dangerous and shitty region of the setting (as opposed to lands where it's easy to survive off the land, cities are safe and the roads are well patrolled).

Correct. They would feel dull and empty without the constant danger and struggle to get by. There would be no 'risky quests' to solve either (well, 1-2 in a year would not satisfy anyone and we won't alter the setting just for the sake of the game).
They may seem interesting but most of them simply do not fit the gameplay of Vagrus. Having said that, in the distant future when the base game will have been pimped to its limits, I could imagine creating independent short stories, a bit like Pilgrims of the Wasteland but shifting the focus from the trading/management aspects to following a single story arch that could take place in such locations. So while they would not fit be fit for full-fledged caravaning they could be suitable for short stories. No promises, though, so don't quote me on this.

Some other territories not being part of the game but dangerous and eventful enough could be added eventually if there was enough demand for continuing. Will see.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
My feeling is that the games' strengths are in the stories and exploration of the setting. The trading is just a vehicle to make the player explore the world. You could come up with another vehicle - say, a pre-determined player character is sent on a diplomatic mission, but then it will be a different game.

Sztaszov

Lost Pilgrims
Developer
My feeling is that the games' strengths are in the stories and exploration of the setting. The trading is just a vehicle to make the player explore the world. You could come up with another vehicle - say, a pre-determined player character is sent on a diplomatic mission, but then it will be a different game.
Yep. If (big if) we went down that road, eventually, we would come up with those sorts of presets and build from there. Depending on the length it may well be a different game, yes, or if it's very short maybe just a new game mode within Vagrus. Who knows, will see.

Lares Hill

Lost Pilgrims
Developer
[Source: Steam Store Page]

A New Build is OUT - Patch 1.01 - Codename: Outpost
This patch brings a great number fixes and additional content
X1PXsd.jpg

Hey everyone,

We've been trying to catch up since the launch last Tuesday and get on top of some of the bugs that many of you reported while also rounding out the missing Outpost and Wealth victory path ending parts. Although some bugs are still being hunted, the latter two are now being added to Vagrus.

This means that you can now build your own outpost out in the wasteland (one specific spot for now, room for expansion later), and upgrade it bit by bit so that in the end it yields you profit from time to time if managed properly. It is important to know that no new UI or feature comes with the outpost, since Vagrus is not a game that involves building stuff - the outpost is instead presented in Event format like it was envisioned from the beginning (and similar to other victory paths). Once completed, the outpost can be used for vagri with the Wealth ambition to win the game (but can be completed with all vagri). It's super expensive to do that, mind you, giving you a nice endgame goal and challenge.

Along with this comes a list of bug fixes and adjustments. Thank you for highlighting these! Your help in identifying and squashing issues is priceless.

As for the future, we can see that many of you have been very vocal about which direction the game should go and we truly appreciate all the constructive input and the potential you see in Vagrus. That said, the last few months especially were unbelievably exhausting for our tiny team, and we are not ready to decide on where exactly to go just yet (we have plenty of exciting ideas and plans, of course). We'll take a little break to recharge and start working out our plans for post-release Vagrus with fresh minds. Again, thank you for all the support we received from you all! Bug fixing will continue in the meantime, of course.

Important Note: Considering the extent of these improvements and additions, there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.

Now let's jump into the details:

--------------------------------------------------

Patch 1.01 - Codename: Outpost

New Content

• Your outpost can be completed and upgraded via related Events
  • Wealth victory is now achievable via the outpost questline (although vagri with other Ambitions can also buy and upgrade the outpost to its full potential)
  • The Venari Agent and Senior Agent hirelings have been added
  • Added more character portrait options to Dark Elven and Demonkin vagri

User Interface Improvements

• You can now use Shift+click to mount/dismount by 10 units
  • The Deputy UI drag-and-drop area has been enlarged (it's easier to drop Deputies into circles)
  • In settlements without slavery, the tooltip will now correctly indicate the reason for not being able to deal in slaves
  • Crew condition tooltip effects now roll-up from Perk levels into individual lines

Updated Mechanics

• Companion Prowess storyline gating was moved to 4, 6, and 8 (from 3, 5, and 7) to alleviate the unintended combat difficulty increase with the addition of companion loyalty events
  • Winning a battle against enemies lessens the impact on your material losses (fleeing survivors can still take stuff and the enemy can still cause harm to beasts and perishable cargo during a fight, so some losses will remain)
  • Choosing the 'enslave' option lowers Abolitionist faction reputation
  • Staying on the lowest or highest reputation point barrier with a faction disables their knock-on reputation effects for other factions
  • A number of market- and economy-related tweaks
  • Removed the estimation of days of travel from settlements in your Chart that are not reachable in the game (though this may be somewhat immersion-breaking, the Chart this way might cause less confusion when planning journeys)
  • Beast lures received a buff, making them more useful during Appease

Bug Fixes

/Contains spoilers for some quests/

• Mansio 'Rest' button fix (it will no longer kick you out of the settlement, nor will it cause any other UI issues)
  • You can no longer assign Deputies without them actually having the right Perk
  • Settlement Artwork collapses properly upon clicking and does not get stuck on your screen (see Known Issues for an exception that still remains for now)
  • Regarding Skornar's upgraded Axe Swing in his Guard Stance, we found the core problem, it will be fixed in the next patch
  • Multiple listings of the same equipment will not show up as equipped, only the one that really is equipped
  • Fixed a crash caused by riposte-type skills killing the attacker
  • Combat Skill Cleanse effect tooltip was fixed
  • Your companions after Bestiaris Arena fights will now properly be deselected (making subsequent fights like the challenge battle non-restricted companion-wise)
  • Statistics are now shown (and work) on several previously glitched pieces of Gear and Equipment
  • The first navigation Equipment slot is open by default while the second gets opened up by assigning a Scout Master deputy
  • Skornar’s slave trading in Pilgrims of the Wasteland is now not repeatable ad nauseum (used to allow you infinite money with enough clicking)
  • Cleaned up some Companion portrait mistakes in Events
  • The Golden Theory delivery steps now show the correct amount of goods you need to bring to Kandake
  • Corrected various errand quest errors in the initial Kernak Waystation event
  • The aptly named ‘BottomFront’ Dark Elf mercenary was replaced with a regular one, sadly
  • Wayward Souls quest blocked progress fixed (when delving into the tomb)
  • Dread Reavers guide chart marker repositioned to the correct place
  • Various Garrik personal storyline fixes, including: specialists are now recruitable only once, the final achievement for storyline fixed, brothel interaction that blocked progress is fixed, some wording at the smuggling den improved, and the bug that prevented you from picking up the gang in Lumen is fixed (you should get the passengers in your savegame if you progressed further without getting them)
  • Blessings of the Sadirar quest (with the 4 blessings to access the upper village) fixed
  • Criftaa will get to fight alongside all your companions at the last stage of her quest at the tower (not just the few she skulked around with)
  • Harvek’s personal villa fight will now have the correct enemies (although the 50 VIT Brigand test dummy is very sad about this)
  • You can no longer tell Caepasius that you failed after turning on him in the Trouble at Fort Larius questline (he holds grudges, that one)
  • The rumor about Ash’s slave market was reworded not to confuse anyone about the slave prices there
  • The issue preventing Eylani from joining the comitatus is fixed (she will magically appear in your comitatus if you recruited her but then never showed up)
  • Fort Viridium now allows you to rest there and to stock up on some (expensive) supplies and sell them some goods (via event choices, not the market tab)
  • Successfully investigating the lizard symbol for Finndurarth will not unlock the last part of that questline, too
  • Thadraz now actually returns your Smoldering Heart when he completes the armor for Gor’Goro (sneaky Dwarves!)
  • Morgarthan’s Gaol can now be equipped on other Companions beside Nedir, as originally intended (its bonuses were also tweaked)
  • Skornar’s Shield Bash upgrades now have and show the proper requirements
  • The Dread Reavers will be now less confusing when it comes to their destinations during a certain part of their questline
  • We added options to lower your criminality in Larnak and Avernum, too, you scoundrels, you!
  • Harvek’s payback in the Mines of Plenty now actually requires him to be there with you
  • Various objective markers were updated or fixed
  • Half-Elves receive minor maluses for Imperial factions at character creation to offset their great potential a bit
  • Added clarification to Attributes tooltips as well as some Leadership abilities
  • The Draconic Trading House factions now correctly indicate which settlements are included in the tax exemption on Tiers 3+ (the previous, unfortunate wording created some confusion)
  • Several Companion storyline fights were tweaked (especially Skornar’s and Nedir’s early battles)
  • Criftaa now actually dies when you have her murdered following the Krog’Vor showdown
  • Victory screen slides where the text was too large to fit the box are fixed
  • Your weird nightmares will not give you insight infinitely from now on (just several times, as it was intended)
  • Certain Crew Combat encounters that caused issues in Events when the foe retreated too early were tweaked - they might be tougher now but cases when they flee and can not be stopped, causing a “defeat” should be lessened)
  • The unintended, overly eager interest in metal (resulting in crazy prices) in Sadirar settlements have been toned down to what was originally intended

Known Issues:

• A few Settlement and Camp buttons are disabled until we find the cause of lockups they cause
  • Edge cases can softlock UI - you can load the game to fix it for now
  • Loading the game while the settlement art is open causes the UI to crash
  • AI taking too long in Companion Combat is still being looked at by the team

Coming Up Next

Bug fixing continues. Meanwhile, the team needs to regroup and assess things post-release, so this time we'll just say that our plans will be revealed soon.

Stay tuned and conquer the wasteland!

- The Lost Pilgrims Team

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
agris where is your apology,you dipshit??? All the bugs i posted out before and you were bitching about muh cheatengine ended up fixed in the patch,interesting ahhh?! I fucking can't stand people with non existing knowledge that try to larp as experts. Like the fucks that ask your computer hardware composition when you have an obvious software problem,in all those help forums on the internet.

agris

Arcane
Patron
fantadomat I’m glad your problems were all fixed with the patch! If that’s the case, than I was definitively wrong and sorry that my suggestions weren’t helpful earlier.

It’s unfortunate though that there is no patch for an ego so thin that the mere suggestion of culpability in the problems you experienced has caused you to lash out like a child.

I never said you were dumb or wrong, I was just pointing out developer statements on the use of software that you talk about using with games constantly, and how your experience was in stark contrast to others in the thread. My bad!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom