Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vagrus: The Riven Realms - post-apocalyptic fantasy caravan master RPG - now with Sunfire & Moonshadow expansion

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
fantadomat I’m glad your problems were all fixed with the patch! If that’s the case, than I was definitively wrong and sorry that my suggestions weren’t helpful earlier.

It’s unfortunate though that there is no patch for an ego so thin that the mere suggestion of culpability in the problems you experienced has caused you to lash out like a child.

I never said you were dumb or wrong, I was just pointing out developer statements on the use of software that you talk about using with games constantly, and how your experience was in stark contrast to others in the thread. My bad!
LoL me ego is great,it is normal manly aggression when someone is questioning your authority on fucking cheating :smug:.

And most likely me problems are not fixed,because i doubt that they fixed it retroactive. The problems will just not pop up on further play/replay. Now when that is clear,back to watching Clarkson's farm.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Soo did you gathered all the allies for the Tectum Carvus ,which one are they???

Also where is healer in the Skornar quest ?

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Man this game is addicting. And really long, I am 30 hours in but have only reached 450 Bross, maybe 700 if you count all the misc items I could sell.
And I only recently happened to go to the area where you recruit Finndurath, since the other times I visited Deven I didn't use that road.
So I must only be like 60% of the way through the game. The combat is slow clunky dogshit and the trade mechanics feel irrelevant compared to doing missions.

But the music, art, writing, exploration, and the travel mechanics are all very good.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Man this game is addicting. And really long, I am 30 hours in but have only reached 450 Bross, maybe 700 if you count all the misc items I could sell.
And I only recently happened to go to the area where you recruit Finndurath, since the other times I visited Deven I didn't use that road.
So I must only be like 60% of the way through the game. The combat is slow clunky dogshit and the trade mechanics feel irrelevant compared to doing missions.

But the music, art, writing, exploration, and the travel mechanics are all very good.
LoL getting the most useful companion halfway trough the game. I am near the end,need to just round up only a few quests. But that will have wait for the end week since i have shit to do.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The combat is slow clunky dogshit and the trade mechanics feel irrelevant
Do you actually consult the comparative prices in different towns and then manually buy stuff to haul between them?
Why bother when you can get 60 Bross from a faction mission for attacking some people, plus you get to sell them as slaves.

No, i just meant i saw this coming, particularly the combat, it was obvious as soon as they revealed the first combat screenshot.

And the trading being lame makes it even worse, i used to play an old browser game named caravaneer (and then caravaneer 2) which had tactical grid combat and a good trading system.
It was no masterpiece but was quite good for a free game.

A combat/trading game which can't at least top this is just hot garbage.

Vatnik
Do you actually consult the comparative prices in different towns and then manually buy stuff to haul between them?
Why bother when you can get 60 Bross from a faction mission for attacking some people, plus you get to sell them as slaves.

No, i just meant i saw this coming, particularly the combat, it was obvious as soon as they revealed the first combat screenshot.

And the trading being lame makes it even worse, i used to play an old browser game named caravaneer (and then caravaneer 2) which had tactical grid combat and a good trading system.

Vagrus is good as a visual novel exploration game with travel mechanics. But yeah, RPG, fighting, and trading are not so great.
I did have one good experience with the combat system - in a scripted encounter I couldn't get the Orc to kill this evasive Wraith, so I reloaded and used Harvek instead; his numbers were lower for VIT and damage, but he hit consistently.

Has anyone here played Darkest Dungeon which apparently inspired the combat? I never did because it looked pretty bad to me.

Vatnik
you get to sell them as slaves.

Sounds "problematic". I guess this game was made in Eastern Europe?
Yes. In fact the only arguable poz in the game is that the rebellious slaves have their own faction called the "Abolitionists" which feels like an insertion of Enlightenment-era politics. But there was even a character saying slavery can't be abolished, only gradually ameliorated. The writing is mature, not retarded liberalism.
Also you can make your player character a woman, which I find unfortunate, but that is again very mild poz comparatively.

Last edited:
Vatnik
Infinitron How many cavaran leaders in say, pre-Islamic Arabia do you think were women? Female protagonist is retarded leftist drivel. It's just nowhere near as bad as all the other delusional depictions of real and fantastic history.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
you get to sell them as slaves.

Sounds "problematic". I guess this game was made in Eastern Europe?
Yes. In fact the only arguable poz in the game is that the rebellious slaves have their own faction called the "Abolitionists" which feels like an insertion of Enlightenment-era politics. But there was even a character saying slavery can't be abolished, only gradually ameliorated. The writing is mature, not retarded liberalism.
Also you can make your player character a woman, which I find unfortunate, but that is again very mild poz comparatively.
Nothing poz,you get to hunt them down and exterminate them :smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo does the echo quest goes anywhere ? I did reported that shit to the city,and now i only get the dream shit +2 insight. I have finished all the other quests and wonder if there is anything more? If not......well that will be a disappointment.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Two noob questions:

1) How does resourcefulness replenish?
2) When in a settlement, can I see somewhere how many warriors are required to have a safe camping out in the wastes? Sometimes when I have left a settlement and is about to camp I notice that I have to few warriors. I would like to have that information whilst in a settlement so that I can plan for the trip.

Thank you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Two noob questions:

2) When in a settlement, can I see somewhere how many warriors are required to have a safe camping out in the wastes? Sometimes when I have left a settlement and is about to camp I notice that I have to few warriors. I would like to have that information whilst in a settlement so that I can plan for the trip.

Thank you.
1 sleeping,it is daily resource

2 it depends on how big your caravan is. you can't really gage how many you need. Same with slaves/workers,it depends how much work it is needed. Also their effectiveness is dependant on the morale/obedience and health stats.

Zeriel

Arcane

Vagrus is good as a visual novel exploration game with travel mechanics. But yeah, RPG, fighting, and trading are not so great.
I did have one good experience with the combat system - in a scripted encounter I couldn't get the Orc to kill this evasive Wraith, so I reloaded and used Harvek instead; his numbers were lower for VIT and damage, but he hit consistently.

Has anyone here played Darkest Dungeon which apparently inspired the combat? I never did because it looked pretty bad to me.

This is down to taste. Personally I think the trading/progression/exploration part of the game is the best part. I find the story relatively average in comparison.

There's a lot of "I do this, so that is the only way to do things" in the discussion around this game, especially in this thread.

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Two noob questions:

Thank you.
1 sleeping,it is daily resource

2 it depends on how big your caravan is. you can't really gage how many you need. Same with slaves/workers,it depends how much work it is needed. Also their effectiveness is dependant on the morale/obedience and health stats.
Thanks! However you can see the workforce required at all times right? But not how many guards for the night.

Lares Hill

Lost Pilgrims
Developer
[Source: Steam Store Page]

Hey everyone,

A new week, a new patch! We keep tweaking things and adding smaller stuff for now while fixing bugs. Some are tougher than others, of course, so bear with us. Most of the fixes and tweaks were made possible due to a passionate and active player base - we can't thank you enough!

ad38957a3af423adda98081a3c90bbb8e2680792.jpg

Important Note
: Considering the extent of these improvements there is little to no chance that we broke nothing in the process. Assume that we did not want to make anyone's life harder. If you see something amiss, please flag it to us using the usual channels, like the inbuild reporting tool (F1 button), forums, and our Discord server.

Now let's jump into the details:

--------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.012. - Codename: Settled

Improvements and Tweaks
gift

• Gor’Goro receives a tiny Loyalty boost if you visit Drius every 40 days or so
  • You can now buy booze for the crew in Larnak’s
    Bumbling Boatman

• 3 new equipment added (Perimeter Alarms and Traveling Saddles can be bought in some
    markets
    , while Mount Blankets can be acquired via other means)
  • Removed the Evade malus from Gor’Goro’s Armor so that certain builds are not unfairly gimped retroactively (Dragonsteel IS very light and flexible!)
  • Several characters received the ability to invest Proficiency points into the Religion Perk (to variable degrees)
  • Skornar’s Guard Stance was tweaked so that he retaliates once in a round (maximum) on Level 1, twice on Level 2, and three times on Level 3
  • Lowered Skornar’s insanely high Cold Resistances across the board (he is still very good at resisting cold)
  • Specters received a new combat Skill called ‘Chill of the Grave’, which can lower the target’s Cold Resistance for 3 rounds
  • Mining stealthily at the Hills of Plenty was tweaked so that your actual mining skills and workforce decides your yield, not your skill in sneaking (yields from this can never reach the potential of legitimate mining, but you can still mostly avoid being caught with the right amount of stealthy Perks)
  • Skornar can now enter the Tomb of Kathovras with more of his buddies
  • Added a long, long codex entry to all characters called 'the Imperial Calendar' (you asked for it!)
  • Tectum Carvos’s Tarkian population is now willing to sell you some specialized equipment (some only after helping the town with the siege)
  • Reworked the faction quest rewards and for Houses Venari, Darius, and Oquo to make them more in line with each other (including Oquo’s presence rising in case of your success in Larnak)

User Interface Improvements
pencil

• We unlocked the Companion and Deputy buttons on Leader UI again
  • Inactive effects on Statuses now indicate why they are inactive similarly to Equipment inactive effects

Bug Fixes
bug

• Players whose Outpost questline was locked from progressing (because they progressed far before 1.01) can now fix their questline via an Event step at the Officium Factum in any of the major cities
  • Consumption and Workforce calculated erroneously while fully mounted are now fixed
  • The 'Cull Their Ranks' action in Crew Combat now always allows for the maximum number of Companions to be deployed
  • Prowess nodes on the level-up UI now indicate the gated levels correctly
  • Frenzy Perk granted by the Smoldering Heart is now working properly
  • Some Outpost-related background calculations were fixed
  • Now you can actually profits from your outpost's piggy bank
  • Garrik and Skornar personal questline Achievements are fixed (should be retroactively restored with the right journal entries completed)
  • Corrected the faulty turn-in step of the Golden Theory once you finish Kandake’s requests
  • Fixed an instance where the Event choice took you to the wrong step in Avernum’s Carpenters’ Guild
  • Skornar’s Prowess unlocks occurring at the wrong points in his questlines are now fixed
  • Skornar's Axe Swing not triggering from Guard Stance fixed (again, hopefully permanently this time)
  • Fixed another instance of softlocking paths in the Wayward Souls quest’s Artakin Tomb
  • The test dummy bandit was again removed, this time from the final battle of the Wyrm War questline (replaced with the correct battle)
  • Living Shadows as Mercenary Task opponents are now properly indicated as Impervious
  • Corrected Kral Hestaera’s NPC portraits across her appearances in Tectum Carvos
  • You can no longer deploy other characters alongside Gor’Goro in his one-on-one duel in his questline (and the fight now has the Arena Maximus background)
  • The Dread Reavers guide quest marker repositioned again (hopefully to its final place - note that it is not retroactive, so if you were on the quest step before the update, you see the old marker)
  • You can ask the Stinger Lord and the Quiet Man about Wyrm-related things when on the right quest step (but don’t expect much from them)
  • The Perk ‘Flyer’ was removed and the single instance it was in a Test was replaced with Finndurarth (she is the only character with limited flight abilities)
  • Fixed some quest items not being removed (not retroactive)

Known Issues:
  • A rare soft-lock when various UI actions follow each other mixing Event, camping, crew, and companion combats in a particular fashion we've not been able to reproduce
  • AI taking too long in Companion Combat is still being looked at by the team

Coming Up Next
Bug fixing continues. Meanwhile, the team needs to regroup and assess things post-release, so this time we'll just say that our plans will be revealed soon.

Stay tuned and conquer the wasteland!
- The Lost Pilgrims Team

agris

Arcane
Patron
Lares Hill can you say anything about sales? Not specific numbers, but is it meeting your expectations or exceeding it? Will you be able to continue to make games?

Vatnik
This game is YUGE! Does anyone know if it bugs out from Cheatengine speedhack use as was theoretically suggested earlier?
Would like to expedite combat anims.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This game is YUGE! Does anyone know if it bugs out from Cheatengine speedhack use as was theoretically suggested earlier?
Would like to expedite combat anims.
I already told you that he was talking out of his arse,no it doesn't not bug out. Tho companion combat could lag up if you play at too higher speed. 2x,3x feels pretty god for the game. And the game is not that big,it feels a lot smaller once you explore the game space. The worst part is that it leaves me a lot more curious about the other parts of the game. The codex lore is pretty good too.

Fags why so silent about the game? Did you finished it already???

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom