Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VAIL

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
I played a VR game yesterday called VAIL, it's kind of like CS but in VR. When I just finished the session, at the end I had waved and did silly movements with my hands in front of another player, he tried to match me. VR can be super fun.

So I am making a thread for this game, it's in early access, but it's really fun:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/801550/VAIL_VR/

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
It's actually in a state where you can have actual complete matches.
The core gameplay is there.
It's fun to be honest.
Edit: The reason why Indies go early access, is that they don't have an investment to live off. They are not like Plarium that have like millions to buy influencers shelling out their stupid game.

PompiPompi

Man with forever hair
Patron
Developer
RPG Wokedex
Ok, a wiser review.
Game is definitely fun...
However, in close quarters it's frustrating.
Seems like either performance issues, the player with low ping benefit from teleporting in front of your face, or there are cheaters in this game.
I literally saw someone appear in front of my face beyond the corner with a single frame.
And people who we were going toward each other, and they shot me before I could see them beyond the cotner.
Seems sus.

Doktor Best

Arcane
What makes this game preferable over Pavlov? Because to me this game screams overhyped Pavlov with even worse performance

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom