Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valkyria Chronicles IV

Puukko

Arcane
The difficulty does ramp up. I dropped this midway through or thereabouts, will try and finish it this summer.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
You can get the game for for £8.50. Apply HAPPY2GAME for additional 10% discount.

https://2game.com/valkyria-chronicles-4

Pay attention to regions, though.

Cannot be Activated and Played in
Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Ukraine, South Sudan

Can be Activated and Played in
United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Vatican City, Åland Islands, Serbia, Montenegro, Faroe Islands, Falkland Islands, French Guiana, European Union, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Greenland, Guadeloupe, Isle of Man, Jersey, Saint Martin, Martinique, New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Réunion, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Mayotte, Kosovo

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Got it "free" during the steam sales via vouchers, beat it yesterday, was quite enjoyable. I did also prefer the MCs of this game to the last, although as always it's all about the minor characters and secondaries more so then the main cast.
Was also "pleasantly" surprised by the amount of butt patting and minor sexual harassment done humorously, and sure enough was easy to find articles from journos deploring how problematic that all is. Oh Japania <3 Never change.

Particularly loved the APC, won tons of missions on the 1st-2nd turns purely by loading it up with assault dudes and a scout officer and driving up the main objective (obviously only works on those capture main base missions) and even when wasn't the case, it was consistently my mvp due to being able to relocate even my slowest troops to where they were needed the most, knocking down sandbags the enemy hides behind and pewpewing some shocktrooper before disembarking the troops.

Got quite attached to the team of Zaiga (perfect replacement for Raz once a certain something happens in the story)+Vancey+that aristo lancer lady as my go to trio for storming places.

Also discovered I'm a secret alt rightist. The soldier you have to choose to give their lives away in one of the later chapters? Yeah kinda picked the transgender character and honestly didn't realize it until after I beat the game. Oops.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
I liked VC4 a lot more than the original, it felt more focused and fairer. Though I could never finish the first one because I kept losing to that insane tank. In the end, I kept replaying all missions for the highest rating which made me spent over 60h with it, which truly shows how fun it is because the 60h grind never felt like doing work. I really enjoy the mix of Real-time and turn-based combat though it's not that deep it feels a lot more believable every turn-based game I have played. The story is nice enough though I would not recommend it for pure storyfags.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamcommunity.com/games/790820/announcements/detail/1591387752909858102

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition Update
Now includes all bonus DLC!

2165052983ea7aaad80a4a4489b6450a134f366b.png

Valkyria Chronicles 4 has been updated to the Complete Edition which now includes all bonus DLC!

Previous owners of Valkyria Chronicles 4 will automatically receive the Complete Edition content.

Squad E, move out!

Maxie

mortar operator is a very good addition to the roster i find the idea of an immobile area-denial oriented lancer very appealing

Maxie

lmao the mock battle between squads E & F was great
two hidden enemy mortars, that tank rush right through the wooden board labyrinth, enemy scout dropping crap on your head from the tallest building in town
there are so many more enemy soldier per map than in VC1 also the terrain is more interesting

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
VC4 was better than the first game in just about every aspect. I do wish that they had reworked lancers to be more useful, mortars basically do their job better in most scenarios since their shots aren't horribly inaccurate. Only exceptions being areas where tall objects are in the way of the mortar shells, but it's quite rare.

Maxie

VC4 was better than the first game in just about every aspect. I do wish that they had reworked lancers to be more useful, mortars basically do their job better in most scenarios since their shots aren't horribly inaccurate. Only exceptions being areas where tall objects are in the way of the mortar shells, but it's quite rare.
tbh I find lancers only ever useful if carrying accuracy lance and leading blitzes through gatling-ridden corridors, or as light tank equivalent to snipe enemy tanks from behind (since the armoured car doesn't have a cannon like the light tank in VC1 had)

Maxie

wasn't the escape through the snow lovely
way more engaging than most anything VC1 threw my way and without absurd giant machines (well, except for the weaponized train)

Maxie

pretty good game way better than vc1
i didnt like chapter 15 and the final map though

fork

The game is utter shit, enemy AI beyond braindead, retarded story, unbalanced (as in piss-easy) beyond belief, incredibly retarded UI, it's just shit all-around. Denuvo is the least of its problem.
If you like this, I hope you never reproduce.

Maxie

The game is utter shit, enemy AI beyond braindead, retarded story, unbalanced (as in piss-easy) beyond belief, incredibly retarded UI, it's just shit all-around. Denuvo is the least of its problem.
you're trying too hard, kid

fork

you're trying too hard, kid

That coming from an imbecile like yourself, lel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom