Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Valve News Network guy says Fallout: New Vegas 2 coming in the "latter half of this decade"

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
https://www.gamesradar.com/valve-leaker-claims-to-have-a-lot-of-information-on-fallout-new-vegas-2

Valve leaker claims to have "a lot of information" on Fallout: New Vegas 2
Tyler McVicker says he "expects" a sequel in the second half of this decade

Mv895k5GNQazrGKbLVyk66-320-80.jpg

Fallout: New Vegas 2 has been teased by a long-time Valve insider.

Tyler McVicker, who used to go by his YouTuber name of Valve News Network, says he has "a lot of information" about a sequel to Fallout: New Vegas. In a recent video discussing how he'll be broadening his scope to include more developers going forward, McVicker teased a report into what a supposed Fallout: New Vegas 2.

In a section of the video below starting at 3:56, McVicker says that he has information regarding a number of projects, including the Switch Pro, Nintendo's plans for Mario and Zelda's upcoming anniversaries, Avowed, and Back for Blood. He goes on, however, to claim that he also has "a lot of information on Fallout 76, Starfield, and Deathloop," as well as the aforementioned Fallout: New Vegas 2.

It's not 100% clear what McVicker is referring to, as both times that he mentions the potential sequel, he appears to use the subtitle 'The Frontier', which happens to also be the name of a recently-released mod for Fallout: New Vegas. In a follow-up tweet, however, McVicker once again references a sequel, stating that "I expect FNV2 in the latter half of this decade."

While McVicker has established himself as a somewhat reliable source when it comes to reporting on Valve over the last few years, there's yet to be any word from either Bethesda or Obsidian to suggest that either developer is working on a sequel to the 2010 spin-off of Fallout 3. Legally, Microsoft's acquisition of Bethesda could pave the way for an Obsidian-shaped return to the Mojave Wasteland, although with the New Vegas studio currently working on Grounded, Avowed, and a reported sequel to The Outer Worlds, a new Fallout game would likely be a long way off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

"Latter half of this decade". :roll: Any prediction that far into the future = bullshit. The gaming industry doesn't work that way.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
"Latter half of this decade". :roll: Any prediction that far into the future = bullshit. The gaming industry doesn't work that way.
Yeah, that does sound like a suspiciously long gestation period. Just 'cause Cyberpunk took two Olympic cycles to roll out the door doesn't mean people plan things this way.

Yosharian

Arcane
Made by who? Obsidian went down the shitter, they are a shadow of their former selves. Who else is worthy enough to pick up the mantle? I don't see any contenders. All I see is a sea of shit. The only decent RPGs I've played recently have been made by indie developers.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Made by who? Obsidian went down the shitter, they are a shadow of their former selves. Who else is worthy enough to pick up the mantle? I don't see any contenders. All I see is a sea of shit. The only decent RPGs I've played recently have been made by indie developers.
2015: Age of Decadence
2021: Colony Ship
2027: Fallout: New Maadoran

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, doesn’t sound very credible.

And who gives a fuck what might happen 4-8 years from now?

By that time I might be more interested in middlife crisis and growing erectile dysfunction than a videogame.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"I have a lot of information about New Vegas 2!"

"Oh, Obsidian *likely* won't be involved with it."

Sounds like he doesn't in fact have a lot of info.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
You know, it was bad enough that Obsidian and Fallout started sucking on their own a long time ago, but the fact that they're now getting roped up in console warring nonsense is just rubbing it in.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
How busy is Obsidian with Outer Worlds, really? I mean, game is done. Tim Cain could be in New Vegas 2 pre-production for a while, easily.

Takamori

Learned
Given the cult status from FNV its just a matter of time until someone rape its corpse and popamole it until oblivion.
Now how reliable is the info? Almost like me posting right now that we will get NOX 2 next year from Westwood studios.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom