Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News "Vampire Bloodlines" trademarked by White Wolf Publishing

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The whole WoD setting would be amazing for CRPGs.

They could quite easily make an RPG out of each of the franchises. A mummy RPG would be pretty different.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The whole WoD setting would be amazing for CRPGs.
I always had too eco-SJW wibes from Werewolf, defending Gaia and all that jazz. I guess it's been put together slightly better in the new world of darkness, not sure though.

Now that Paradox has the license, why not make a vampire game in the same vein as Crusader Kings? Except no aging problems.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I always had too eco-SJW wibes from Werewolf, defending Gaia and all that jazz. I guess it's been put together slightly better in the new world of darkness, not sure though.

I know nWoD Changeling is considered unanimous improved over the oWoD version, but yeah. Old Werewolf was just silly 90s FIGHT DA MAN, SAVE DA NATURE deal, comically evil corporation looking to pollute the planet included. It's kinda amusing that new Werewolf has you playing as the "bad guys" as far as werewolf perspective goes because your ancestors committed patricide, even if it was out of perfectly logical reasons at the time, while the Pure aka your main werewolf brothers antagonists who opted not to murder their old man, are essentially in the right. They're just massive dicks about it and care even less about humans.

ArchAngel

Arcane

I know nWoD Changeling is considered unanimous improved over the oWoD version, but yeah. Old Werewolf was just silly 90s FIGHT DA MAN, SAVE DA NATURE deal, comically evil corporation looking to pollute the planet included. It's kinda amusing that new Werewolf has you playing as the "bad guys" as far as werewolf perspective goes because your ancestors committed patricide, even if it was out of perfectly logical reasons at the time, while the Pure aka your main werewolf brothers antagonists who opted not to murder their old man, are essentially in the right. They're just massive dicks about it and care even less about humans.
Isn't that in nWoD werewolves once ruled over humans and now they don't. And players play the ones that don't care about old way and don't consider humans as cattle ?

Delterius

Arcane
Wonky Celerity physics throwing you half a mile across the map >>>>>> Cover shooting mechanics.

No seriously, I used that shit to get past a guard in the warehouse mission undetected. Success.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
To be fair, the game wouldn't actually be any worse with cover shooter mechanics :lol:

Of course it would have been fucking worse. Combat in an action game in which PC has supernatural powers is supposed to be about wading into the crowd and wrecking shit up, it's especially ill-suited for idiotic sticky cover mechanics that slow down the pace of the game.

Athelas

Arcane
Vampire Bloodlines actually has a 'discrete' cover system: hilariously enough, you can use the person you're feeding on as a human shield (if he's positioned between you and the people shooting you, he will absorb the bullets).

Last edited:

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Vampire Bloodlines actually has a 'discrete' cover system: hilariously enough, you can use the person you're feeding on as a human shield (if he's positioned between you and the people shooting you, he will absorb the bullets).

Right, but that's not what people think when they refer to cover shooter/popamole mechanics. I can also duck behind a desk in Duke Nukem 3D, doesn't make it a cover based shooter.

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
To be fair, the game wouldn't actually be any worse with cover shooter mechanics :lol:

Of course it would have been fucking worse. Combat in an action game in which PC has supernatural powers is supposed to be about wading into the crowd and wrecking shit up, it's especially ill-suited for idiotic sticky cover mechanics that slow down the pace of the game.
Yeah but my point was, the gun combat is already so shit, slowing down or speeding it up wouldn't change anything. It might have made the stealth better too but that's debatable.

In general sure, cover shooters are crap.

Archibald

Arcane
If combat is shit you want it to be fast, not slower. So yes, making it cover shooter would actually make it worse.

tfw sabbat is too politically incorrect and I won't ever be able to skullfuck shoveheads or sodomize otherkin as my Sascha-self-insert:prosper:

Disgruntled

Savant
If they made it a remaster with modern assets but the same quests and story, id be in.

Started the original but just never got around to finishing it.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
Yeah but my point was, the gun combat is already so shit, slowing down or speeding it up wouldn't change anything. It might have made the stealth better too but that's debatable.

In general sure, cover shooters are crap.

Well I've never found Bloodlines' combat (especially with mid-late game guns coupled with say a power like Celerity/Bullet time) to be as bad as people say but even that aside, sticky cover mechanics fall in the same group as QTEs as far as I'm concerned, consoletard shit that decrease the quality of any game as a rule with no exceptions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom