Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News "Vampire Bloodlines" trademarked by White Wolf Publishing

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Paradox Interactive; Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; White Wolf

Codex trademark watcher Jedi Master Radek has made a new discovery. Apparently, World of Darkness license holders White Wolf Publishing (who you may recall were recently acquired by Paradox Interactive) have trademarked "Vampire Bloodlines". You know, like that game from Troika you may have heard of. Have a look:

14782.png

What does this mean? Possibly not much. White Wolf are a license holder, not a game developer like inXile, so they might just be putting their stamp on any World of Darkness trademark they can think of. Then again, Leonard Boyarsky did recently join Obsidian, and Obsidian do need another game to work on after Tyranny, so who knows?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Tags: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; White Wolf

Codex trademark watcher Jedi Master Radek has made a new discovery. Apparently, World of Darkness license holders White Wolf Publishing (who were recently acquired by Paradox Interactive) recently trademarked "Vampire Bloodlines". Here's a screenshot:

What does this mean? Possibly not much. White Wolf are a license holder, not a game developer like inXile, so they might just be putting their stamp on any World of Darkness trademark they can think of. Then again, Leonard Boyarsky did recently join Obsidian, and Obsidian do need another game to work on after Tyranny, so who knows?
In that WoD event the smiling jack-lookalike guy said Activision had contacted them. Maybe they ended up arranging this so they can use the name + original characters on a new paradox-published game.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Would really like to see a polished/modern version of VtM Bloodlines.

The Great Deceiver

Trickster
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2

Availability of Unreal Engine 4 for free might also be a factor. And won't Source 2 be free as well? They might consider it if it'll come with a quality facial animation system like its predecessor (their PTSD from having worked on the unfinshed version notwithstanding).

It's a stretch, but the stars do appear to be aligning, at least at a glance.

Hegel

Arcane
Moddable with multiplayer (like NWN) party turn-based and set in the middle ages.
:desu: :shredder:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Modern setting was one of Bloodline's strengths.

I agree, I guess because we can relate to a lot of things, you live in the same era as the game setting and thus you know what it is to go to a night club, piss of a goth I dont know.

Or just the simple fact its refreshing.

I wonder, do you like check the patent page as a breakfast ritual or something? You seem to always be the one who spots those things first.

About once a month. Sometimes rarer, when my severe procrastination gets me, sometimes more often, when my ADHD gets me first.

A bit of habit and a bit of a lucky timing. I also have checked trademarks just last month and there was nothing new then.

That is what I thought, "Vampire Bloodlines" sounds a bit too specific and useless (no Masquerade/Requiem?) but it also seems like a bit of a trouble for a prank. Unless they registered or soon will register other trademarks too and this one is a diversion.

Archibald

Arcane
Modern setting was one of Bloodline's strengths.

Yeah, but we already got that and its very unlikely that they'd manage to make better or as good game as Bloodlines was. On the other hand making better Redemption with some Bloodlines sensibilities sounds way more plausible.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom