Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Vampire Bloodlines trademarked by White Wolf

:incline:
All of my wet dreams about new WoD game/Bloodlines sequel might come true

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
You're all wrong, the game they're making is FPS inspired by Aliens vs. Predator game. Vampires = Predators, Garous=Aliens and Hunters=Marines. Source:
:troll:

hello friend

Arcane
New Vampire Bloodlines should take place in hipster central, complete with sjws, gentrification, and all that. Such a haven of degeneracy would be like a Mecca for a vampire, like easy mode. 'Hey. I'm, uh... a psychic vampire. I'm also blood-sexual.' And SJWs backstab each other like nobody's business. Good intrigue opportunities. Just imagine it. Ancients with beards, flannel shirts, and horn-rimmed non-prescription glasses. Shitty hipster music soundtrack.

Hegel

Arcane
Imagine vomiting after you've drank the blood of a hipster, the internet meltdown would be apocalyptic.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Shitty hipster music soundtrack.
I do think that a terrible soundtrack is necessary for Bloodlines 2 to keep with the tradition of the original. The kind of music I would never ever seek out to listen to, but which I grow to love and end up putting on my iPod because of the context of the game.

My heart soars when that goth crap shows up in shuffle:love:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hah. A few people lurk here and everybody else copies the story from them. I believe that often the stories that the Codex breaks are filtered through NeoGAF and from there to the mainstream media.

ZagorTeNej

Arcane
New Vampire Bloodlines should take place in hipster central, complete with sjws, gentrification, and all that. Such a haven of degeneracy would be like a Mecca for a vampire, like easy mode. 'Hey. I'm, uh... a psychic vampire. I'm also blood-sexual.' And SJWs backstab each other like nobody's business. Good intrigue opportunities. Just imagine it. Ancients with beards, flannel shirts, and horn-rimmed non-prescription glasses. Shitty hipster music soundtrack.

As long as one of the possible ending options would be causing Gehenna.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can't really "cause" Gehenna, it's a worldwide event which has a lot of causes.

OK, here's my plan:

1) Wait for the announcement
2) Try not to follow development that closely
3) Stay away from Codex threads about it
4) Day one purchase/preorder with GMG discount
5) Prior to play, do technical research, is it done or are major patches coming?
6) Once real, playable version is done, go into it with an open mind and open heart
7) Hope for the best
8) Enjoy it "for what it is", whatever that turns out to be

5.5) Wait for 7-10 years for modders fix it throughly.

9) Bitch about combat because, hey, it's Obsidian

Beastro

Arcane
And I would love to see officer Chunk again, he's what's Miltiades is to Age of Decadence ;P.

I wanna play as an embraced Chunk~

No medieval please.
nono.gif

It's the safe setting to launch their take on the franchise so my bets on it.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Nah, since it's "Bloodlines" the safe setting would be 1999 LA... I don't think as many people played VtM:R.

pippin

I'd prefer some unusual setting, like China or even Africa, just to see something new and refreshing, especially when it comes to vampires. The thing with the undead, at least how it is understood in contemporary media, originated from african practices and it is related to voodoo.
More faggot european nobles would suck the fun out of everything again (no pun intended).

But then the usual suspects would complain about everything, as usual :M

Lacrymas

Arcane
I wouldn't say that China or Africa are unusual settings. Five billion years into the future would be an unusual setting. The darkness of the ocean beds would be an unusual setting. We already know about the Kuei Jin, the Nagaraja, the Samedi etc; so they can do something with those I suppose. Playing as a Nagaraja would be interesting.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'd prefer some unusual setting, like China or even Africa, just to see something new and refreshing, especially when it comes to vampires. The thing with the undead, at least how it is understood in contemporary media, originated from african practices and it is related to voodoo.
More faggot european nobles would suck the fun out of everything again (no pun intended).

But then the usual suspects would complain about everything, as usual :M

Kuei-jin campaign could be pretty cool.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Yeah, Nagaraja could be cool but Kuei-jin not so much. In general it would be cool to see clans that weren't available in VTMB or if the old clans would get slightly different abilities/disciplines (from what I can see Thaumaturgy for example has tons of disciplines). It would be also great if one could choose a sect and even change allegiance like in Age of Decadence and get different quests and see the story from different perspective. Even quite old vampires aren't loyal to the end (e.g. Ecaterina from VTM: Redemption) so we could still play as 8th generation vampire or older and still have many possibilities open.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I.e. Be like Age of Decadence, but with vampires. I agree with that sentiment. :incline:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some city in another country would be fine as long as it stuck to a sexy urban night life vibe. Vampire African Jungle Adventure might be a great game, but wouldn't be appropriate for Bloodlines 2.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I actually want to play as a Tzimisce. Can you imagine an AoD-like game with a Tzimisce? It would be glorious.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I actually want to play as a Tzimisce. Can you imagine an AoD-like game with a Tzimisce? It would be glorious.

Of all the people I would want to work on a newer World of Darkness game, it would definitely be VD. He understands Politics, Motivation, Manipulation and all the things of the World of Darkness games are centered around. Though he does that already in his own setting (minus the Vampires).

It would honestly be very interesting, his insights to a story set in WoD. Though to be honest, I don't even recall if he even likes the WoD setting (lol Vampires).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom