Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Isometric Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Yeah, given what you said on that other thread, I can’t but agree with your reluctance to throw more money at it. tbh if you grabbed a font (you can even use two) you liked and wrote it as
Vampire Syndicate
Gangs of Moonfall
it would already be an improvement.

fwiw, if you are still iterating a bit on the design, you don’t need to check all the variables I mentioned for accessibility, there’s an easier, hack-y way to get it done. Get the banner of a game you know uses top-tier talent (stuff published by Valve or Annapurna, for example) and steal its proportions. A lot of them don’t even use an illustration. Do you even need one, showing a vampire, when your game’s name has the word Vampire in it already?

But I digress, can’t help ranting whenever there’s design somewhere. Looking forward to the game anyway, there’s a dearth of decent vampire rpgs, and if the game’s good, then that’s all that matters.

cdx

Novice
The current logo is difficult to read in a thumbnail and in general. The texture on it makes it worse. Imo, the font itself should be read instantly, solid color, bold, no italics/transformations, fancy styling should go to decoration around it, e.g. a red or metal line under the title from which is dripping blood, or a couple of bright neon "cyber-lines" around it, etc. "Gangs of Moonfall" is too small.

I like the image in general but there are some things that could be better. The cyber hand isn't readable as a shape, as it's quite similar value and detail level as the hair. Could fix by making the fingers more solid shapes/less detail, or making the top of the palm from simlar patterns as the fingers to give the shape visual consistency. Or make a slight hue shift to the metal plates to differentiate it.

The white dot in the eye doesn't really convey "cyber". Could do some partial circles and lines instead, as if something is being projected in front of the eye.

I personally dislike the way the teeth are in the image. Fangs should be behind the lips, so they should be fully visible only if the mouth is open enough to show them. It's a nitpick though, it's good to see them for the vamp effect.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
How is that sexy vampire game coming along, bro? You doin' good?

Thanks, yeah it's coming along, I'll probably launch a second kickstarter sometime this summer or fall.

I'm currently doing a combat balance test under the cover of my BG3 parody. By the time that games finished (july?) the mechanics should be pretty fleshed out.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
While fresh is best sometimes you just want that high percentile rush on the go.
IMG_7664.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom