Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Isometric Cyberpunk Vampire RPG

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Anyway, I like the mention that different vampire lineages have different ways of turning recruits. This makes it more creative compared to typical takes on vampires where all vamps in a given setting follow the same rules, or in Bloodlines' case the same rules except for the class you choose. I would like if more aspects of the vampires could vary, like lifespan, degree of deadness, diet, etc but for a video game that's probably either irrelevant or would add unnecessary complexity.

Mauman

Learned
You're right, those aren't examples of mediocre games, they were just the first ones that came to mind.

Yeah, I meant WRPGs (should have specified that). Plenty of JRPGS that use modern trappings. Granted, they're JRPGS, so their quality is subjective to how much you can endure stuff like that.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
New cover art we're playing around with.

VGOMNewTitle.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
What would it take to get copies of the art without the title smeared across it? The other one would have made a great desktop too.

I should probably make it clear that this is not custom art that I had commissioned (we really don't have the money for that), but rather stuff that my artist licensed from another artist. Under those terms I don't think we can actually make the original image available for download, but I'll look into it.

Harthwain

Magister
What would it take to get copies of the art without the title smeared across it? The other one would have made a great desktop too.

I should probably make it clear that this is not custom art that I had commissioned (we really don't have the money for that), but rather stuff that my artist licensed from another artist. Under those terms I don't think we can actually make the original image available for download, but I'll look into it.
That explains why the image has so little to do with the title.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I believe Tyranicon moved this year and now he is trying to finish up his other game for a late September release. I imagine we'll hear more about this one after that.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
There hasn't been another cyberpunk vampire crpg since 1993's BloodNet, so waiting a few more years doesn't seem so bad.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So art style's still up in the air. Currently considering full 3D isometric (previous images), pixel art, or hand-drawn art for in-game graphics.

Will depend on which one is easier, cheaper, and most popular.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Please, no pixel. Prefer the images you've already shown, but hand-drawn art would be okay too. Just sick to death of pixel art.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So art style's still up in the air. Currently considering full 3D isometric (previous images), pixel art, or hand-drawn art for in-game graphics.

Quite certain it's 3d.

Please, not another pixelshit game. I'll take DAZ models over pixelshit.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
One possible art style. Probably way too early at this point to even release any test material since it's barely in Alpha. Don't want to get people's hopes up prematurely.

But....

6546456546.png

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Probably way too early at this point to even release any test material since it's barely in Alpha. Don't want to get people's hopes up prematurely.
Thanks for the info anyway. Is there anything you can say about how you plan the gameplay to work or what superpowers are likely to be available?

One possible art style. Probably way too early at this point to even release any test material since it's barely in Alpha. Don't want to get people's hopes up prematurely.

But....

6546456546.png
Yes that would be highly preferable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom