Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Most people have below average IQ.
This statement is statistically impossible.
You took the bait. The statement is correct.

Let's say you have 5 people, 4 of them have an iq of 70 and 1 has an IQ of 160. The average IQ between them is 88 even though the majority of them are below it.
The example is contrived. There are no population size constraints in the original statement.

Let's say you have 5 people, 4 of them have an iq of 70 and 1 has an IQ of 160. The average IQ between them is 88 even though the majority of them are below it.
The example is contrived.
It isn't. Your claim that it is impossible is FALSE.

But upon closer look, the IQ statistics use normal distribution so you are actually right in that half the people are below the average. I yield to your might.

Harthwain

Magister

The example is contrived. There are no population size constraints in the original statement.
He is correct. Sorry, but I won't be able to provide the source. I read it too many years ago. Just something I recalled when I read a comment about how dumb an average person is. Make of that what you will.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Well I think the Dunning-Kruger effect plays a major role in that, people just don't realize how stupid they are with an average IQ.

Pledged

Tyranicon That "heavy limitations" for designing shit better be VERY limited, one extra cringe non-minor character is enough to destroy the feeling of a game.

Here's hoping.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So, someone backed at $4900 tier, and someone backed at $7000 tier.
Admittedly, I do always worry about huge bids like that which represent 60%+ of the current take, as you never know if/when someone's going to pull their bid. Still, sometimes numbers provide their own momentum; people see something on a path to success and jump in.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Man, I feel like I've been up for 64 hours. Haven't been sleeping a lot lately.

Anyway, I shot my shot. Let's see what happens.

Pledged

Tyranicon That "heavy limitations" for designing shit better be VERY limited, one extra cringe non-minor character is enough to destroy the feeling of a game.

Here's hoping.

I'll be using the same process I've used for my other games. The characters will be written by me and I'll have total control, but backers get to choose appearance, plot points, fetishes etc.

Backer content for me is really to introduce new ideas that I would normally never think of. It's worked out pretty well so far.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Neat.

Tyran, I really have to give you credit for originality and creativity. I haven’t felt this interested in crpgs since Bloodlines released 20 years ago.

ropetight

Savant
Backed, in spite of my long time ago learned moto.
And it is almost over the goal in just couple of hours.

Meanwhile, trailer has near 200k views- which is amazing too.

Asmongold and other streamers mentioning the game helped it propel to somewhat viral.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update the title to acknowledge that the Kickstarter campaign is ongoing.

Put the Kickstarter link in the OP.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
If the kickstarter blows up I'll expect a few snide, openly hostile articles from the usual suspects.
I really don't understand why they do that. Cyberpunk and Baldur's gate already threw the door wide open to horniness by letting you customize your game model's genitals.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
Backed it, congratulations on how well it's doing already!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom