Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Vampire Syndicate: Gangs of MoonFall - Kickstarter now live!

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
If the kickstarter blows up I'll expect a few snide, openly hostile articles from the usual suspects.
I really don't understand why they do that. Cyberpunk and Baldur's gate already threw the door wide open to horniness by letting you customize your game model's genitals.

It's not the horniness that bothers them. If this was a game about one of their sexual pet causes, journos would be fighting each other to suck my cock cover the game.

Game "journos" are hyper cliquey. Unless you're connected, pander to their ideology or have buckets of money to throw at them, you won't get covered. This is not even an open secret, it's just well-known at this point.

There are exceptions of course, and some still actually care about games rather than the twitter fad du jour. But you know, few and far between.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
If the kickstarter blows up I'll expect a few snide, openly hostile articles from the usual suspects.
I really don't understand why they do that. Cyberpunk and Baldur's gate already threw the door wide open to horniness by letting you customize your game model's genitals.

It's not the horniness that bothers them. If this was a game about one of their sexual pet causes, journos would be fighting each other to suck my cock cover the game.
I'd also add on to this in saying that it's not horniness that bothers them, it's the male gaze. As you said, horniness in service of their own tastes and causes is 'empowering.'

ropetight

Savant

Game "journos" are hyper cliquey. Unless you're connected, pander to their ideology or have buckets of money to throw at them, you won't get covered. This is not even an open secret, it's just well-known at this point.

There are exceptions of course, and some still actually care about games rather than the twitter fad du jour. But you know, few and far between.
Still remember how journos collectively rode the cock tried to hype that oversized vampire Lady Dimitrescu.
If the fetish makes the man weak and submissive, it is 90% worth covering in their eyes.
So subversive.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Now we wait to see who's going to cover it.

I did. It seems the indians like you.

1.jpg

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I really don't understand why they do that.
Not getting covered I understand, but why do you expect active attack pieces?

Mortmal

Arcane
It's a damn good trailer. If I didn't know you, I'd even be fooled into thinking you're going to deliver it!

Mortmal

Arcane
That said i think it's a good idea to spread the kickstarter link in some discords to help a bit.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Not getting covered I understand, but why do you expect active attack pieces?
Not attack pieces per se, but something along the lines of this:

View attachment 54596
They’re hypocritical pieces of shit. The Interview with the Vampire tv show is hugely misogynistic and can’t write women worth shit, but gets celebrated for it because the main character was changed from an asexual white man to a gay black man. Anne Rice was a huge patron of the cult, writing all of her vampire characters as asexual and nonbinary and panromantic even before it was trendy, but that didn’t give her work any protection once the horny weirdos got hold of the rights.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hi everyone! I'm glad to announce that we blew through the initial funding goal in about six hours!

To put this in perspective, that is about what the entirety of the Kickstarter campaign raised for Memoirs of a Battle Brothel, my biggest project before this one, in less than one day!

I'm very grateful to all my backers and I hope the momentum keeps going through the stretch goals. The scope of Vampire Syndicate is massive, and I'm very aware of the fact that the more money we raise, the higher quality the end product will be.

Thanks again! We've got 29 days left and I'll be keeping you updated throughout. Hopefully we get some news coverage from the mainstream games media too!

I mean, I'm not holding my breath, but still hoping. :D

leino

Cipher
Small thing but I wonder if organizing the campaign page to highlight the stretch goals would help funding past the 25k (congrats!)
rn the goals seem easy to overlook since, at least on my toaster screen, their headline is hidden on the left-hand index unless you notice it scrolls and otherwise you have to read all the way down the long body of the text to see them

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Congrats Big Dan. I really, REALLY wonder what you're gonna do if you actually hit the big 100.
Most people will tell you 100k USD won't even pay for a year's salary for a junior-level programmer, depending on area. A normal studio probably can't make this game for anything less than $5 mil.

And they're right. I'll have to be thrifty and use the money I have effectively.

It's more than doable. I'm used to poverty dev by this point. Can't believe I've been e-begging on Kickstarter for over a decade lol.

I hope it hits 75k for the character customization (and 100k for the followers). Would prefer VO to be out of the question completely if it meant CC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom