Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
But besides from that, I'm not hyped for this game because thus far it seems every single positive factor anyone can pull out of their ass is entirely related to comparisons from the last game and things not related to the actual game itself.
Disagree. Removing the name dropping from my post above, we still have: first-person RPG, dorky goth writing, factions, substantial choices & consequences, nice music and atmosphere. That's not exactly a slamming sales pitch, but it's not nothing either.

HansDampf

Arcane
dorky goth writing
rating_citation.png

substantial choices & consequences
rating_citation.png

nice music and atmosphere
rating_mca.gif

Rik Schaffer

Cael

Arcane
The only real gameplay we've seen now is over a year old. The truth is nobody knows nothing.
If nobody knows nothing, then everybody knows something.

Which is pretty much correct. Everyone knows it will be off the wokemeter and the Reichtsoy scale. That screams "Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!" to me.

Gruncheon

Savant
Every interview or development update with Cara Ellison - annoyingly woke.

All other interviews and appearances, not to mention the only gameplay footage we've seen so far:

4ea.jpg

The emotional labour involved in producing one blog post is an order of magnitude more difficult than simply 'releasing' a 'playable' game. Gameplay, story, quests? Nice to have, sure. But can you really say, with a straight face, that they're more important than implying the original game was retrograde trash? Trash that actively harmed mentally ill people? Please understand. By interrogating the biases of VTM:B, Cara Ellison and team have already surpassed the original game. Releasing a functioning sequel is something of an afterthought at this point.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The end of the world?
Nah, I think big companies just start to do online only thing like Nintendo Direct or something and indie studious will have choice - trying to carry costs of presentation on their back or just trying organize some online event. It makes sense for all companies to go digital with presentation of their product in case of another epidemic situation + they can be free from hassle to deal with organization of mass scale event with shitload of people. For BIG companies there one more bonus - it will be easier to sensor any "wrongthink" against their leader Xi the Pooh, while E3 can be "sabotaged" if someone will carry in secret costume of yellow bear and dress up in toilet.

Semiurge

Cipher
black nobility zone where white scum is not allowed.

Except as hoodoo zombies. Zombries.

And now they're gangbanging on Avellone even though these supposedly "serious accusations" wouldn't even outrage a nun as early as 3-4 years ago.

Attitudes can get outdated very quickly now, it seems.

On Avellone though, so he was in a habit of having to get women very drunk before he could have his way with them, then? There goes my dream of becoming a game designer/writer :(

Last edited:
The Real Fanboy
There's a new interview with Brian and Cara!

https://the-re-bind-io-podcast.simplecast.com/episodes/bloodlines-ii-cara-ellison-brian-mitsoda

For a very special episode we're joined by some of the narrative design team on Bloodlines II, Cara Ellison & Brian Mitsoda to talk about the game's tabletop inspirations, how Ellison got involved, the art of narrative design, improving representation & diversity in narrative. We also discuss how the game's humor has revamped, a look back at Troika's legacy and what it was like to be inside the company, and Bloodlines lore. In an experiment, we've also included an auto-generated transcript.

topics:

tabletop games inspirations

how cara joined, going from journalist to developer

narrative design

humour in the game, silly jokes, himbos

bloodlines 2

representation in bloodlines 2

bloodlines 1 fan questions, lore & worldbuilding

troika, bloodlines 1 development

games journalism

Last edited by a moderator:
The Real Fanboy

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's a bit strange how Damsel fans would never tolerate someone like her in real life. She's a bitch, loud, abrasive, confrontational and a bit stupid. And a communist to boot. Probably someone who'd even make the Brujah facepalm.

giphy.gif
Stop appropriating black people's gifs,you racist gypsy!
I’m glad I didn’t use a balding middle aged man gif or you would really be upset.
Nah,not a nigger to care about some imaginary shit like cultural appropriation.

PS:Send a nudes lol.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What are the chances Mitsoda gets the #metoo treatment? However, if look at his ex-wife Annie VanderMeer. He could theoretically get away with "I was married to a trans person or I have always been gay and it's obvious that me being married to Annie was testament to that."

Edit : Go suck Annie's dick Infinitron

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
What are the chances Mitsoda gets the #metoo treatment? However, if look at his ex-wife Annie VanderMeer. He could theoretically get away with "I was married to a trans person or I have always been gay me being married to Annie is testament to that."
100% HIV positive if they don't agree on negotiating the BL2 profit division ratio, Brian and that pussy loan shark Anne.
PS:Send a nudes lol.
Bulgarian english dialect is beautiful.

Momock

Augur
It's a bit strange how Damsel fans would never tolerate someone like her in real life. She's a bitch, loud, abrasive, confrontational and a bit stupid. And a communist to boot. Probably someone who'd even make the Brujah facepalm.
Well, she does make them "facepalm" (I remember one of them telling you to not listen to her bullshit), that's the point. She represent, as a character, the type of person she's meant to represent.
A good character =/= a good person.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's a new interview with Brian and Cara!
On Malkavians:
Mitsoda: "I looked at some Bloodlines 1 Malk replies and I was like, 'Wow - we would never approach them that way.'"
"They're not gonna be wacky, ever."
"There is a big twist with them this time."

Does Deb of Night return?
Mitsoda: "I don't know what I'm allowed to say .. I will say there's a radio show .. I'm very proud of the radio in this game .. the radio is very funny."

On the writing:
Ellison: "Basically, the game is filthy"

Is the cabbie Caine?
Mitsoda: "If I were to definitively answer that one, then people would stop arguing about it ... it's more fun for me if everyone argues about it."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom