Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Vincente

Arbiter
Were there any trannies in Bloodlines? That would probably make it accurate to their actual representation I think.

I have performed over three hundred sex changes in my career, and not one of my patients has ever asked for their tackle box back. Come to Tuck's Sex Exchange in the next month, and I'll give you a free estimate. Don't let your piece interfere with your peace of mind.

DeepOcean

Arcane
It is the ever present text-book 'my writing will save the world!!!!' phenomenon that seems to be present in most modern day Western video games.
Ironically, if they written about vampires and did a good job at it, they would improve the world much more than talking about real issues that wont change, no matter how much they cry about it. In reality, most of those people hide their lack of imagination and talent behind "serious" issues, creating imaginative lore and stories is hard, taking ready made modern talking points is much easier.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
taking ready made modern talking points is much easier
Plus it makes the game out of date before it even launches. If someone wants to include modern talking points in a game/book/series it means he's shortsighted and is only concerned about current sales and receiving social credit and some leftist award (BAFTA).

Anyway, this will be a disaster since every Seattle writer (especially Mitsoda) will walk on eggshells afraid they might offend someone (and as we all know every leftist is offended by everything that is normal or truthful), trying to cater to everyone's tastes and wishes and satisfying none BTW. You can't create a good story if you're restricted from all sides and have no creative freedom.

Cael

Arcane

Vincente

Arbiter
Big vampire tiddies is what made Bloodlines the game it is. So long as it’s got some quality milkers, everything will be fine.

It isn't 2004 anymore. Tits are out, asses are in.

You people already forgot the Christina Hendricks tie in? Hello?

bloodlines-2s-release-date-1568063208.jpg

Cael

Arcane
Big vampire tiddies is what made Bloodlines the game it is. So long as it’s got some quality milkers, everything will be fine.

It isn't 2004 anymore. Tits are out, asses are in.

You people already forgot the Christina Hendricks tie in? Hello?

bloodlines-2s-release-date-1568063208.jpg
Watch as the selfish jerkass wankers claim that that is not natural and try to cancel the character. Conveniently forgetting that people like Hendricks and Parton exist.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Finally a new update: https://steamcommunity.com/games/532790/announcements/detail/2735325522595133730

Dev Diary #12: Putting the 'Blood' in Bloodlines
The VFX process of Bloodlines 2

When you hear Visual Effects (VFX), images of giant explosions and magic missiles might come to mind, but VFX for games goes far deeper than that. From a mundane leaky pipe or blowing leaves to supernatural Tremere blood magic, VFX is responsible for bringing the dynamics of the game world to life.

VFX artists must be very versatile. It’s our job to bring the vision of the Art Director to life. One day that could be creating realistic blood, the next it might be communicating an idea like Toreador Celerity, or it might be making trash blow around. It might also be something you never even considered, such as our Christmas Lights which are actually VFX!

The VFX Lifecycle

Inception
Every effect starts as a need from a department. Let’s look at the Tremere Acolyte’s Blood Orb attack. VFX usually happens toward the end, so first Design will come up with the parameters of the effect, Engineering will make The attack work as expected, and Animation will create the enemy character animations that are needed, and then VFX comes in.

We start with a kickoff meeting with the Art Director and designers so we understand what the effect needs to look like and what information it should communicate to the player. Understanding the context of the effect is really important. Next, we get concept art from the Art Director so we have a visual target and general quality part to aim for, and schedule out the work with the Production team.

d90471158c8cf9a0b73788ab6496d7125ff93bea.png

Block-out
In the block-out phase, we do some fact-finding. What are the technical requirements for the effect? Is there anything we need to build or other unknowns that have to be tackled to be successful? One of the questions for this particular effect was how we wanted to handle the light effect when the Orb is activated, so we prototyped a solution and synced up with our Lighting engineers to make sure everything was going to work ok. Once all of our questions are answered, we can move on to the next phase.

054ef99d11a727f0955e598e55a1129b9e39dc3d.png

Iteration
This is where we polish our effects to a shine. We work on improving the look of the effect, then we get feedback from the Art Director and improve it even more. Does the effect meet the quality standards of the Art Director? Does it tell the right story, have the right timing and tone? Once the effect is meeting all of our needs, we can move on to the final step!

Audio / QA / Final Review
Now Audio can come in and add the cherry on top. QA will hammer on the effect to make sure nothing is broken. The project directors will review it and could also have points of feedback to address.

And Ship!
Now we have a finished effect ready for the players to enjoy!

35e31c2e83f540a5e3dce22dfabb01676b4a110a.png

c0947740e97258026570887ca478a3b20052451a.png

Built by a small team
Throughout the project, the VFX team has been very small. There have been times when no one was working on FX at all! We’ve had some talented people come and go from the project, and the final result is a blend of everyone who has touched Bloodlines 2. At our height, working with outsourcing partners, we had 7 VFX artists working full time on the project, but for the majority of the time it has been a single VFX artist with Tech-Art support. (Hiring VFX artists is hard!) We’re very proud of what we’ve been able to achieve given the limited resources we had throughout the project.

Every visual effect is a new set of artistic and technical challenges, and solving those challenges can be a lot of fun and very rewarding, and we are very excited for everyone to see what we’ve conjured up for Bloodlines 2!

-Hardsuit Labs VFX Team

Longes

Augur
I guess non-updates are slightly better than complete silence. It does not inspire confidence that all screenshots they show are from the same dump as the E3 gameplay demo.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
Plus it makes the game out of date before it even launches. If someone wants to include modern talking points in a game/book/series it means he's shortsighted and is only concerned about current sales and receiving social credit and some leftist award (BAFTA).
What are you talking about? Every film that spoke out against the Nazis was a masterpiece. Don't you remember Passage to Marseille? Doughboys in Ireland? Keep Your Powder Dry!? Dragon Seed? Uh, forget about that last one, no, no, no, no. We'll forget that ever happened. It would be a bad thing if people remembered that.
In seriousness, there are times when modern talking points are interesting. Conflict in the Middle-East, for one. Even games that were tied-up in the fervor of 9/11 aren't as shortsighted as we think today. Privacy and government overreach, for another. Is not Deus Ex one of the few games everyone can agree did politics right? In theory, even the subject of people being bitter about their tackle box can held with wit and wisdom. In other games. In Vampire, Masquerade or Requiem, that is a stupid thing to do. As one loading screen tip keeps reminding us, all must fall before the all-consuming impulse of the blood. Oh, no, the kine are being oppressed by the police. How can I, an immortal vampire who is eats them, help. I mean sure, there are dozens of centuries old vampires hungry for my blood, I was probably sired by someone born before the 20th century, share his views mayhap, and someone sets a fire near me I shit my pants, but yeah, let's help the kine with their minor cop problems. Vampire concerns are not human concerns, and most of them have seen worse shit than we ever will.

Semiurge

Cipher
Watch as the selfish jerkass wankers claim that that is not natural and try to cancel the character. Conveniently forgetting that people like Hendricks and Parton exist.

The T&A is not the problem per se, but the fact that men find them enjoyable. Smiling, happy and content faces of heterosexual men vex intersectional feminists - they wonder what evil reason the men have for being so un-miserable. Male joy is a feminist issue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom