Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I grow increasingly pessimistic about BL2, but I cannot blame this thread for it. It is not just the "woke" factor, although I rolled my eyes at the Malkavian press release about sensitivity. I caught up on all the press release videos and none sparked any excitement. The Vampire abilities just feel so...streamlined? The clans seem like loose hobbies as opposed to specific bloodlines with pros and cons. If Hardsuit Labs is just adapting the current rule set, I guess I cannot fault them for being faithful to the material, but still.

My impression of BL1 was that it was meant to be edgy and stick it to the evangelical right in its heyday. Still, there was a sense of levity and it did not overtake the story. In light of the Malkavian press release, I do not see how they can write anything fresh or outside the box. What is Hardsuit Labs left with? Nazi/racist/homophobic vampires, not-Trump, Russian vampire hackers trying to steal a vampire election?

Semiurge

Cipher
This malkavian from that clan reveal is so poser-rific and generic that it still hurts my head.

bloodlines-2-malkavian.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
As I've said, I can't wait to find out how these people handle mental illness in the age of "neuro-atypicals". If you thought fishmalks were bad...

Vincente

Arbiter
As I've said, I can't wait to find out how these people handle mental illness in the age of "neuro-atypicals". If you thought fishmalks were bad...

Bloodlines created a never-seen-before type of Fishmalk players that I really really hate, anything other than ''le wacky zany talk with stop sign'' Malks are fine with me, I always hated Malk players who use their insight to justify their randomness rather than use it as a tool of unintelligable far sight & divination.

Semiurge

Cipher

I can just imagine how the designer(s) originally went for a typical lunatic look, something akin to a bag-man/lady, but the higher-ups shot the idea down in fear of someone becoming offended at the signs of mental illness, the unkempt appearance, the wandering gazes and signs of self-mutilation from the past days of life.

So now we have a costume shop manikin instead.

Vatnik Wumao

I can just imagine how the designer(s) originally went for a typical lunatic look, something akin to a bag-man/lady, but the higher ups shot them down in fear of someone becoming offended at the signs of mental illness, the unkempt appearance, the wandering gazes and signs of self-mutilation from the past days of life.
And I'm guessing that their solution will be a sort of witty Sherlock Holmes type character which only ends up glamorizing mental illness (to the great joy of their main audience of self-diagnosed tumblristas).

Semiurge

Cipher

I can just imagine how the designer(s) originally went for a typical lunatic look, something akin to a bag-man/lady, but the higher ups shot them down in fear of someone becoming offended at the signs of mental illness, the unkempt appearance, the wandering gazes and signs of self-mutilation from the past days of life.
And I'm guessing that their solution will be a sort of witty Sherlock Holmes type character which only ends up glamorizing mental illness (to the great joy of their main audience of self-diagnosed tumblristas).

Something like this?

sherlock-holmes-gif-5.gif

Vatnik Wumao

Something like this?

sherlock-holmes-gif-5.gif
Most likely, although with some added edge to fit the setting.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Personally i wouldn't buy a Paradox game on release day, they're bound to shovel out a crapton of DLCs, especially considering that even the "Blood Moon" edition tells you you get "one" expansion (meaning that there can be more).

Paradox takes this meme a bit too literally:
OitbOPN.jpg

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Personally i wouldn't buy a Paradox game on release day, they're bound to shovel out a crapton of DLCs, especially considering that even the "Blood Moon" edition tells you you get "one" expansion (meaning that there can be more).

Paradox takes this meme a bit too literally:
OitbOPN.jpg

there's two "story packs" and an expansion. I assume the story packs will just be quest packs maybe tied together while the expansion is just that.. It's kind of disingenuous to think Paradox is going to treat a game like Bloodlines like their grand strategy titles...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom