Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Latelistener

Arcane
Bloodlines was not an immersive sim design-wise though. :P

An Obsidian developer told me that Mitsoda during his time at Obsidian was an arrogant prima donna and this is reflected in his intentions for Alpha Protocol (can't kill anyone because they're all going to show up in the sequel because of course there's going to be a sequel, how can there not), though I never saw this behavior on his Iron Tower subforum.

Doublebear part two will be amusing. :M
I think one post can hardly be a characterization for a person and can also be heavily biased. If I think what I think it is, then I read this post and the guy who wrote that sounded kind of like a douche. I remember he was also extremely upset that Thorton was crying in one scene in Rome (in the original script). Considering what happened in Rome, I'm not sure why this is a bad thing to have an emotional moment.

Semiurge

Cipher
2vcma02wqii51.png

That nosferatu outfit's got sock garters attached to the boots.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
This site has become extremely low test. What else can explain this obession with gossiping and following the minute details of the lives of balding middle age obese men. Even stalking instafluencers and whores would be better than this gay shit. Muh Mitsoda. Muh Avellone.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
This site has become extremely low test. What else can explain this obession with gossiping and following the minute details of the lives of balding middle age obese men. Even stalking instafluencers and whores would be better than this gay shit. Muh Mitsoda. Muh Avellone.

He was part of a team that made one good game 15 years ago, why do you question his divinity?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer

I dunno I think cult of personality exploding in peoples faces is pretty funny you gotta admit that. Its hilarious when it all backfires and what was supposed to be this huge return to form turns into one of the worse mistakes any studio has ever made. In both cases the studio relied too heavily on that cult of personality.
Its almost as if the industry should've learned this lesson when Romero did it and it blew up in his face as well. But the industry will never learn from its mistakes which is why we're here.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

I dunno I think cult of personality exploding in peoples faces is pretty funny you gotta admit that. Its hilarious when it all backfires and what was supposed to be this huge return to form turns into one of the worse mistakes any studio has ever made. In both cases the studio relied too heavily on that cult of personality.
Its almost as if the industry should've learned this lesson when Romero did it and it blew up in his face as well. But the industry will never learn from its mistakes which is why we're here.

I don't think there really is a cult of personality for Mitsoda. I could be wrong.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I don't think there really is a cult of personality for Mitsoda. I could be wrong.

Paradox seemed to think he did during the launch reveal hence why they kept wheeling him out. That launch event was pretty lame though. I doubt anyone in the crowd had even played the first game.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Brian was the lead writer on one of the best games of all time, meaning he's achieved far more in life than losers like you ever will. No offense.

Alpha protocol would have been a gotyay had it gotten more love and been less buggy.

Vtmb is a gotyay because it got community love that made it less buggy.

Dead State is janky as fuck, but it's genuinely good.

Mitsodas track record is more than decent. Him not immediately turning on his old coworkers is a good thing and a sign of maturity. An adult person should not be taking out their frustrations about co-workers on twitter. Calling him a pseudo-sjw is ludicrous since his reaction to getting fired was the opposite of a sjw. An sjw would have gone off on twitter over this burning bridges.

Prime Junta

(1) "Creative differences," management decision, (2) He reached out and explained that he has no idea why he got the bullet, (3) indubitably.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Brian was the lead writer on one of the best games of all time, meaning he's achieved far more in life than losers like you ever will.
Except that we didn't see the genius of his work on Alpha Protocol. Care to share with us?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Except that we didn't see the genius of his work on Alpha Protocol. Care to share with us?
There are actually a few snippets of Mitsoda's AP script available online, thanks to a former Obsidian artist that posted these videos on his website. The script rewrite happened so late that these are even voice-acted:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
There are actually a few snippets of Mitsoda's AP script available online, thanks to a former Obsidian artist that posted these videos on his website. The script rewrite happened so late that these are even voice-acted:

Some of these were posted today, quick on the draw.

They're as bad as Mills said they were. :lol: Parker made the right call.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
"There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief."
Aeschylus

z94yrc5f-1415321021.jpg

"Tears are the silent language of grief."
Voltaire

grief2.jpeg

"Grief is the price we pay for love."
Queen Elizabeth II

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom