Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Wesp5

Arcane
That's a good point - if there's one thing you think you could trust from the studio, it's the basic gun mechanics and handling.

That seems to have been intentional. I discussed this with the producer several times, that they shouldn't underestimate the shooting part, what with the stupid idea of throwing away empty guns too! But he always said they wanted it to feel different to a normal shooter and more like a melee game...

Flying Dutchman

Learned
That seems to have been intentional. I discussed this with the producer several times, that they shouldn't underestimate the shooting part, what with the stupid idea of throwing away empty guns too! But he always said they wanted it to feel different to a normal shooter and more like a melee game...

They definitely got the "different" part right.

Creative differences indeed, maybe Mitsoda was fired for logically bringing that up how odd that is.

Which producer was this? Was it the guy who was fired?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As far as Brian goes, any low in life is just a precursor to a new (and better) high. I wish him the best.
But, most of all, I hope he starts visiting the Codex. I would have quite a few questions to ask him.
Maybe a mysterious new member named "Byron Milk Soda" will register and tell the inside story about how he got fired from a malt shop.

Wesp5

Arcane

No, I had contact with Florian Schwarzer who was the guy in the clan revelation videos. As far as I know he didn't get fired, but just moved away from the project, as was Christian Schlüter, the other German producer. It was at the same time though when Mitsoda and Cluney were fired, so this certainly was connected!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Shit, so not only did they fire the top creatives, but they also removed all the other top guys from the game?

Smells like even more of a
crispy.gif

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

No, I had contact with Florian Schwarzer who was the guy in the clan revelation videos. As far as I know he didn't get fired, but just moved away from the project, as was Christian Schlüter, the other German producer. It was at the same time though when Mitsoda and Cluney were fired, so this certainly was connected!

Well. It certainly looks like you will have another game to patch up...

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Erik Waananen
@ewaananen
·
Jun 20
Replying to
@SJBsMama
I get physically sick any time I join a new project and see his name pop up on some comment he left behind while "consulting." I believe you, I know what he's done, and he's long overdue for more than just a "convention ban."
WTF did he did?

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Erik Waananen
@ewaananen
·
Jun 20
Replying to
@SJBsMama
I get physically sick any time I join a new project and see his name pop up on some comment he left behind while "consulting." I believe you, I know what he's done, and he's long overdue for more than just a "convention ban."
WTF did he did?
Got drunk and hit on women at conventions. Somehow, he's avoided beheading, but I'm sure it'll happen soon.

Flying Dutchman

Learned

Wasn't Schlutter fired at the same time as Cluney and Mitsoda? I don't think he was "moved away from the project," unless you call moving away as literally moving to another company.

Maybe Schlutter liked what they were doing too much or all three were all equally incompetent ("Paradox" + "producer" never inspires confidence) or too competent for Paradox.

Avarize

Magister
Erik Waananen
@ewaananen
·
Jun 20
Replying to
@SJBsMama
WTF did he did?
He wanted sex. Woman said no. He said okay. My theory is that she had a rape fantasy and is still mad at Avellone for not getting it.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Shit, so not only did they fire the top creatives, but they also removed all the other top guys from the game?

crispy.gif

They weren't getting the game done, Paradox is tired of delaying it. That's my official theory. Bring in the guy who's shipped AAA games before and get it out the door.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Didn't they already do choose-your-own-path novel/games for WoD?

At a glance, Erik Waananen's resume does not bode well (drifter dev resume), but I guess they were running out of gifted gameplay designers, so why not him?

He sounds like a cunt. Not one of those strong, powerful clutch-your-cock cunts, but a flicky, whispery, sobbing cunt that quivers in fear when the hard cock of Paradox roars in, thrusting and jabbing to get as much EXP from pounding cunts as it can before it roars away to fire more of their QA staff after ramming itself into their cunts.

It feels like Hardsuit (sans Mitsoda) is where all steaming wet shits of the Seattle industry go to dry.

Yes, I'm bitter about Bloodlines 2. I feel like Paradox and Hardsuit got the holy grail, and they looked at each other, put on clown noses, and said, "wow, let's make a Grail of Shit!"

purupuru

Learned

crispy.gif

They weren't getting the game done, Paradox is tired of delaying it. That's my official theory. Bring in the guy who's shipped AAA games before and get it out the door.
If we believe Mitsoda's words then it's not his department (narrative) that's delaying the release, and he had no input in the decision to delay production. Actually I would find it very hard to believe that the main culprit of the delay is narrative development and not some technical/gameplay problems.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
If we believe Mitsoda's words then it's not his department (narrative) that's delaying the release, and he had no input in the decision to delay production. Actually I would find it very hard to believe that the main culprit of the delay is narrative development and not some technical/gameplay problems.

He seemed pretty clear about that, yeah, but Mitsoda's been clueless before, apparently. They did keep the other writers, though, so who knows - maybe there's work still to be done or stitched up.

I'd really doubt there's a technical issue because Hardsuit seems to (strangely) have a good amount of programmers, but I believe game design might be royally cucked. I don't think any of the designers worked on either an FPS or a "RPG-1st person" before, but I could be wrong.

But then again, they've left no department stone of incompetence unturned, so a technical problem isn't out of the question. Aren't they using Unreal? Shouldn't they know it by now? Cunts.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wasn't Schlutter fired at the same time as Cluney and Mitsoda? I don't think he was "moved away from the project," unless you call moving away as literally moving to another company.

I don't have LinkedIn, but I think someone here or on Reddit posted that both Schlütter and Schwarzer are still producers at Paradox. If that is the case they were moved and not fired...

Wesp5

Arcane
I'd really doubt there's a technical issue because Hardsuit seems to (strangely) have a good amount of programmers, but I believe game design might be royally cucked. I don't think any of the designers worked on either an FPS or a "RPG-1st person" before, but I could be wrong.

Hardsuit Labs made a multiplayer FPS before, which I played a bit before they shut it down because of Bloodlines 2 and it was okay. I also saw a video from the intro, the tutorial and the haven and this looked perfectly fine as well! Sure, the combat in the public demo might have needed some improvements, but combat wasn't the best part of Bloodlines 1 either, so I don't really know where all the delays came from. I still fear that there wasn't a technical problem, but a political difference behind all of this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom