Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Ninjerk

Arcane
She looks quite young, how old is she? I mean shouldn't the lead narrative designer be somebody with experience?
Yeah, but the people with experience can't stop viciously rapingflirtingwith their industry peers.
It's an honorary title at this stage. Her job is to tidy up and help ship what Brian and Cara created.
Also to systematically remove everything Chris Avellone contributed (this has been stated).

mondblut

Arcane
Also to systematically remove everything Chris Avellone contributed (this has been stated).

Oh!

How about this version: Mitsoda and co were purged over their unwillingness to remove Avellone's work. The kotaku chick was then tasked with the job but took it half-heartedly and ended up purged herself. Now the cucks in chief have hired someone with a personal agenda to erase everything Avellone to do the duty thoroughly.

Eli_Havelock

Learned

Even the herd at paradox corral starts getting worried.

I see I was a bit late to the revelation, should have known it would have been spotted already. I saw it on the Steam forums after checking on some old threads for how many were still owners.

"Judging from the topics we can view and the ownership icons that remain, the deleted megathread circa the announcement would have seen the greatest mouse ethnic cleansing since An American Tail."

What was that thing up to? 3000 pages?

Flying Dutchman

Learned
There needs be a word for like the opposite of a glow up. I don't know what it would be but this game is way it.

Sailor Woedica/Kate, being negative?!

The end is nigh.

Yep, that's her.

She is currently out of a job and it would be great if Hardsuit Labs hired her. That would be like the cherry on top of this train wreck. :D

I'd consider donating to a Kickstarter to make that happen - and then buy more popcorn.

Scheurle definitely has strong opinions for who games are made for, and we're likely not on that list.

Caim

Arcane
Well, with Vampire getting Bloodlines and Werewolf getting Earthblood, what about the other lines getting their own games?

- I already proposed a Mass Effect-style RPG for Mage where you play a Void Engineer traversing the absolutely insane cosmology of Mage: The Ascension.
- Wraith can crib off of Disco Elysium, except spookier and you get to argue with your Shadow instead. Or make it a plot point you have several Shadows inside of you and you need to figure out what's up before you end up getting Soulforged.
- Changeling is pretty much The Spiderwick Chronicles on PCP. Maybe with a bit of Silent Hill if you must.
- Hunter has had several games so far, none of which get the point of Hunter. So it's either embracing the idea of Hunter that you're a crazy person with superpowers on the hunt for monsters, OR you embrace Hunter's insane artwork, where a 80's action hero looking dude rips out a zombie'sh heart while staking another one in the back of the head.
- Mummy is a bit more difficult. You were chosen to have another lease at life, but you're now in service to the concept of divine justice which needs you to go out and stop the evils of the Serpent. So I guess a bit like Deus Ex except the GEP Gun you can start the game with has a blast radius big enough to level a town.
- Demon would get something more in line with Bloodlines, except there's more of a focus on how you interact with your Thralls. Sure, you can make their wishes come true, but is it the right thing to do? Would you rather actually help someone for the easy way to power, or will you help them become a better person by giving them what they actually need to do so even though that gives you less of a direct increase in power?
- Orpheus could make for a straight adventure game.

And that's not even going into all the CofD stuff out there...

eilef

Educated
So, accusations against Avellone now definitely were a power grab.

I mean they were not hiding it from the start. They wanted to remove Avellone so "new and talented" writers could come in and take the job. Now we see how well it pays off. He signed his sentence when he argued that games should be apolitical. It was over then.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people...

Companies keep people they want to keep. B and C-listers are usually on the chopping block.

...so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.

White Supremacy Woman: Is this her? https://twitter.com/Gaohmee

The two are friends, it turns out. I wasn't aware Scheurle got the boot for white supremacy, I thought she got fired because she was unstable and not doing any work because she was away protesting all the time.

What a surprise that her recent tweets are all about going through interviews until she finds an employer desperate enough to pay her to put up with her shit.

mondblut

Arcane
FYI: she lost her job at ArenaNet because of a restructuring that laid of 100+ people...

Companies keep people they want to keep. B and C-listers are usually on the chopping block.

...so she's not the woman who got the boot for going on about white supremacy.

White Supremacy Woman: Is this her? https://twitter.com/Gaohmee

The two are friends, it turns out. I wasn't aware Scheurle got the boot for white supremacy, I thought she got fired because she was unstable and not doing any work because she was away protesting all the time.

What a surprise that her recent tweets are all about going through interviews until she finds an employer desperate enough to pay her to put up with her shit.

If her twats and responses are anything to go by, the entire industry is lining up to offer her a cushy job. And anybody interviewing her must be mortified of the consequences of turning this brave revolutionary away.

That she didn't catch a stray bullet during the POZZ mostly peaceful protests will haunt this industry for decades.

mondblut

Arcane
Here's hoping that Mitsoda turn out to be a "rapist" as well and they are forced to cancel this shitshow altogether.

Why do you hate fun? We want a trainwreck of apocalyptic proportions, one that would forever taint the CV of everyone involved.

Bring us Daikatana: Underworld Ascendant edition.

jackofshadows

Magister
Imagine Mitsoda's face reading the replacement news and some twats around it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom