Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
There are programs, that could read images for text. I think there should be online services for that.
But yeah, my bad, didn't think about that.
Also, due high density of slang I think google translation is out of question.
Find some Russian!
You cunt.

typical user

Arbiter
(you cannot fuck whores if your humanity <5 or some shit etc)

Why is this bad? Humanity 4 and less means turning into an animal, distancing yourself from mortal pleasures, viewing mortals as literal prey/threat. AFAIK vampires in old-school systems which first game is based upon need 6 or 7 humanity to feel/think/act like humans. 5-4 is complete minimum to restrain the inner Beast, 3-2 is dangerously low with occasional frenzying further lowering your standing on Path of Humanitas and 1 - well, if you get that low then you are on the verge of becoming a Wight. Also if you are on the lower spectrum (humanity < 5) then I guess your character should view that there are better things to do than "fucking" whores as an undead creature. Fucking as vampire in WoD requires high humanity (7 at least IIRC) to feel/give pleasure.

From gameplay standpoint it can limit your sources of feeding. Hire a prostitute and you can easily feast. With low humanity it would be a subtle way adding up to punish player for doing stuff morally wrong (I mean heavy stuff, not going on one night stand or stealing candies although those things did affect your humanity in P&P RPG if following every rule to the letter).

Considering insiders get access to WIP game I expect the "heavy bugs everywhere" is the same as current state of Cyberpunk 2077. Whether those bugs get fixed or not is a gamble although to release buggy game is a risky move unless you go ape-shit with marketing (again Cyberpunk 2077). The SJW stuff? Well some people in the industry never learn. Game will be review-bombed like TLoU2.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'll sum it up, paraphrasing here and there:

cons:
- there's a bug where you're fucking a chick and then fall through her, through all the textures, and then emerge in the sky, fall down and splash on the asphalt. best bug ever. game is extremely bugged, cyberpunk is a flawless gem by comparison.

- the world feels absolutely dead and empty

- dialogues and writing makes zero sense, like minor characters claiming they took a vow to only drink rat blood and not kill anyone for the last 100 years and then in the next scene they're ravaging a squad of cops with a wooden plank, drinking everyone and it's no biggie

- factions are there as decoration, can't join any

- AI is stupid compared to cyberpunk. cops are so stupid, it's immersion breaking

- can't fuck hookers until you have 5 humanity, because you "can't get it up" (Bester: didn't understand what he meant by another phrase, it may be that you can't get 5 humanity and therefore hookers are just non functional, or maybe I just misunderstood)

- the story is you get dumped by a girlfriend, but when she leaves you, you all get jumped by thin bloods who bite you and everyone dies except you, and you're now a thin blood yourself, but the lowest of the low, you don't do anything important in the story, just do delivery quests for the big guys which is boring and sucks

- the Tremere have devised a way to turn a thin blood into a clan-based vampire. (Bester: not sure, but I think you can play as different clans then, because he then goes on to say that it's better to play Tremere than Malkavian, because Malkavian is ruined)

- lot of stupid references and wink-winks to the previous title, cringe worthy

- game is based on v5, and it's shit. everyone is blood mage, even thin bloods. the Tremere lost half their mechanics from first game.

- can meet Jeanette/Therese Voerman for a couple minutes, but can't sex her

- the dialogues are like
Cross: you want dick?
You: yes
That's it.
(Bester: not sure what the author meant by that, probably that the dialogues are primitive and lack C&C)

pros:
- the tremere can summon anything, as long as there's victims. you can make a pentagram made of civilians and create an argameddon, then fuck off to the other side of the city. but this drains blood like a vacuum cleaner. while playing the beta, at least once an hour I went so hungry, had to drink any passing bum

- the serial killer is nice

trivia:
- a lot of people got invited into the beta, but the fine is at $30k if they talk, so nobody's talking

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Both Jack and Bester left aside the comment that "the girl from the videos" (have no idea who is that) is a mooslim and is engaged in some sort of jihad. Didn't expect anything other from the Swedes.
It is not from the swedes,the studio that makes the game is in seatle i think. Also the original material is sjw too.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Both Jack and Bester left aside the comment that "the girl from the videos" (have no idea who is that) is a mooslim and is engaged in some sort of jihad. Didn't expect anything other from the Swedes.
I didn't understand why that would be as outrageous as the guy made it sound to be. Muslim is the new trigger word for the people sick of the SJW indoctrination, ok, but in this setting it's a problem how? In the old WoD, Assamites were Muslim and one of the protagonists of the Clan Novel Saga was an Assamite who refused to renounce her faith when Ur-Shulgi arose from torpor and decided it for the whole clan.., so what?

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I wasn't following this for the last few months - and now everyone got fired? Why? What happened? Can anyone summarize?
Cluney guy mismanaged the project and was fired. Mitsoda was Cluney's friend and was fired too, just to be sure.
Then Paradox realized that there's no one to fix the project, so they have hired some ubisoft corporate drone.
Then Paradox realized that Cara Ellison isn't quite up for the task to do the massive rewrites, so they had her fired too, and got some mass effect andromeda writer as a replacement.

One bad decision after another.
Ouch, being fired and replaced by a Mass Effect Andromeda writer, I would think on changing professions after such a thing.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I didn't understand why that would be as outrageous as the guy made it sound to be. Muslim is the new trigger word for the people sick of the SJW indoctrination, ok, but in this setting it's a problem how? In the old WoD, Assamites were Muslim and one of the protagonists of the Clan Novel Saga was an Assamite who refused to renounce her faith when Ur-Shulgi arose from torpor and decided it for the whole clan.., so what?

With how woke the writers and developers are (to the point of having this hot mess of virtue over competence as a senior designer - edit: while Hardsuit Lags are still looking for a Lead Game Designer) it's just a matter of how delightfully offensive this creation will become to the cultures appropriated for the self-appointed saviors to virtue-signal to each other how awesome they are:
juNoDxT.png

If anyone wants it translated into cheeki breeki they can go find a phone app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Ah, haven't seen Rudi in this thread in a while.

He's a great comrade for Damsel played seriously after her jump from a caricature of the ubiquitous college bint screaming equality while wearing a Che Guevara shirt.

They both have their own clan, Clan Tifa.

Semiurge

Cipher

With how woke the writers and developers are (to the point of having this hot mess of virtue over competence as a senior designer - edit: while Hardsuit Lags are still looking for a Lead Game Designer) it's just a matter of how delightfully offensive this creation will become to the cultures appropriated for the self-appointed saviors to virtue-signal to each other how awesome they are:

juNoDxT.png

Eating and drinking blood is
absolutelyharam.png

Vatnik Wumao

juNoDxT.png

Eating and drinking blood is
absolutelyharam.png

Isn't Rudi meant to be a critique on SJW culture? His original characterization was meant to show how much of a hypocrite he was and how he used SJW talking points to sucker fledglings into being his minions.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Lmao, in VTMB1 she looked hot. Now she looks like a twitter sjw creatura.

That isn't even her final form.

Isn't Rudi meant to be a critique on SJW culture? His original characterization was meant to show how much of a hypocrite he was and how he used SJW talking points to sucker fledglings into being his minions.

I doubt it, given how White Wolf (oops, gone) had to make Brujah stop dressing up as Neo-Nazis to trigger people because it triggered people.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
- can't fuck hookers until you have 5 humanity, because you "can't get it up" (Bester: didn't understand what he meant by another phrase, it may be that you can't get 5 humanity and therefore hookers are just non functional, or maybe I just misunderstood)

He mean you can't suck out their blood - that's the word in spoiler on first pic, sorrry, I should have clarify that initially.
So you can't suck blood from whores untill you have 5 humanity - whatever that mean.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
Isn't Rudi meant to be a critique on SJW culture? His original characterization was meant to show how much of a hypocrite he was and how he used SJW talking points to sucker fledglings into being his minions
it's like the rapist spiritual new age guru thing

an eternal archetype of high EQ predators rather than a "critique of SJW culture"

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
He mean you can't suck out their blood - that's the word in spoiler on first pic, sorrry, I should have clarify that initially.
I didn't get it as well. "отсосать шлюхе" - "to blow a hooker" can mean a lot of things. Who knows, HL may go progressive all the way and have protag blowing of male whores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom