Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Dodo1610

Arcane
It won't be a remake, Activison still owns the original.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In addition to that, this thing allegedly has text-only quests. They wouldn't "downgrade" a remake like that.

I doubt it's a remake.

It would be pretty weird to introduce Tender, dating apps and the 5th Edition only to have a game that predates all those things.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
In addition to that, this thing allegedly has text-only quests. They wouldn't "downgrade" a remake like that.

f30.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Text only quests? You mean the ARG or what? We are pretty sure the ARG is only teasing for the real thing...
How quickly we forget. :M

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...he-masquerade-game.126124/page-3#post-6008565
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...he-masquerade-game.126124/page-4#post-6009186

Space Nugget

https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/new-project/

(Doing some research)

UPDATING:

They've been "retweeting" the Paradox Interactive account for a while: https://twitter.com/hardsuitlabs

There are some interesting if revealing bits here and there in their job openings like:

• Experience with procedural game dialog a plus (Sound Designer)

• Experience on Single-Player titles preferred (Level Designer)

• Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance. (Cinematics Animator)
  • Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline. (Cinematics Animator, Gameplay Animator)

• Solid grasp of lighting fundamentals and how lighting effects mood and gameplay in a realistic environment layout. (Lighting Artist)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Text-based quests. As in PoE1's Caed Nua quests? I never actually read them, it felt ...too much. Or perhaps CYOA segments?

Saerain

Augur
Patron
I mean, don't most RPGs have text-only quests? Makes more sense the more modern the setting is, too, what with all the remote contacts.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bloodlines had 0 text-only quests.
You did get some purely by email, but it wasn't that many. I suppose if they aren't abstracting, these text-only quests will come in the form of people texting you and your character texting back and such.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Context people.

• Designed 3+ personally owned questlines and wrote dialogue for all the required voiced-over characters for the quests.
  • Drafted 5+ questlines with no voice over and limited unique assets to create a quality bar for all future text-only quests.

In addition to texting, I suppose there could be some sort of vampire Craigslist.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Bloodlines had 0 text-only quests.
You did get some purely by email, but it wasn't that many. I suppose if they aren't abstracting, these text-only quests will come in the form of people texting you and your character texting back and such.

Wut? You got quests by email. But then they always had an interactive part.
I assume you mean the hacking quests... that you had to infilitrate in warehouses/the theatre/the corporation.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wut? You got quests by email. But then they always had an interactive part.
I assume you mean the hacking quests... that you had to infilitrate in warehouses/the theatre/the corporation.
The poster collection was also all done without voice over. While the restaurant critic quest was received by email, you do end up having to talk to a guy with voice over so I suppose that doesn't count. The werewolf blood quest almost counts, except I think the patrolling guard does have unique dialogue.

Space Nugget

https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/new-project/

(Doing some research)

UPDATING:

They've been "retweeting" the Paradox Interactive account for a while: https://twitter.com/hardsuitlabs

There are some interesting if revealing bits here and there in their job openings like:

• Experience with procedural game dialog a plus (Sound Designer)

• Experience on Single-Player titles preferred (Level Designer)

• Experience creating realistic animation for human and non-human characters with an emphasis on acting performance. (Cinematics Animator)
  • Facial Rigging and Animation Pipeline. (Cinematics Animator, Gameplay Animator)

• Solid grasp of lighting fundamentals and how lighting effects mood and gameplay in a realistic environment layout. (Lighting Artist)

So, what do I got: Hardsuit Labs, a 70-plus employees Seattle-based game studio, developers of Blacklight: Retribution (a free-to-play FPS), is working on... something. If the details found in the job openings are anything to go by, unlike Blacklight, their next game is single-player. Also, it is developed in Unreal Engine 4. They have been silent on what's next for the studio, but accordingly to this tweet (from january 17, and funnily enough the Tender ARG begun two days later), there's "more coming soon" from them... Back in january 2018, Paradox acquired 33% of the studio, and Hardsuit Labs has since been "working on an as-yet unannounced title, to be published by Paradox Interactive in the future".

(I assume most of these informations aren't news to some of you, but still.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom