Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

RegionalHobo

Scholar
each clan will be dlc amiright.

now speaking seriously, i really hope pdox rpg division bring the cash for them. WoD has such untapped potential

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
People are always shocked when there are lesbians and gays in vampire media... Literally the first modern vampire novel is about a lesbian vampire. Apart from aristocrats that leech the life out of the common folk, they also represent moral decadence and corruption, leading the poor heteros out of god's light, that's the point. And the protagonists are heroic and strong enough to repress withstand their wiles. Even Dracula, probably the only heterosexual vampire in existence, in the actual book is described by Wilhelmina as having sensual features (when he rejuvenates after going to England). There are also quite suspect things in the book now that I think about it, like Mina describing Lucy as angelic, soft and beautiful, it really reads like she's in love with Lucy; Lucy's fiancee leaping into the arms of Dr. Seward, crying for half an hour on his breast while holding his hand, etc. So, yeah, there's no escaping this.

Inb4 romance DLC.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fluent, when I say something is a rumor then I mean it. Don't trumpet that around as if it's confirmed.

This could be a Vampire grand strategy game for all we know

Deleted Member 16721

My bad. Even if Mitsoda wasn't involved though this is a day one for me. Can't wait. :)

hexer

Marketing department never does anything without a plan.
This could be them testing grounds for a viral campaign.
Something's cooking!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Anybody with relevant writing and design background get hired at Hardsuit Labs recently?

From resume of a junior narrative designer: https://www.pasteldragon.com/

Jr Narrative Designer – Hardsuit Labs (promoted from Intern)
July 2017 – Present
Unannounced Title
  • Wrote in-game text including objective and journal text for every quest, most tutorial text, quest items
  • Designed 3+ personally owned questlines and wrote dialogue for all the required voiced-over characters for the quests.
  • Drafted 5+ questlines with no voice over and limited unique assets to create a quality bar for all future text-only quests.
  • Fleshed out all the text-only quests (so far) into narrative gameplay nodes to give quests differences in kind.
  • Flavored text for 200+ player abilities to build harmony between worldbuilding exposition and clarity of instruction.
  • Integrated established IP lore into gameplay and championed narrative decisions to perpetuate a cohesive game world.

Also not recent, creative director named Martin Ka'ai Cluney is there from 2015 (even before Paradox's acquisition of WW), who was lead level designer on Obsidian's Aliens RPG (and F.E.A.R. 1/2 and Condemned: Criminal Origins): https://www.linkedin.com/in/mkcluney/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Iiiiiinteresting. "Text-only quests" suggests non-AAA, or a game with some degree of abstraction.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Codex worried about a few potential gay characters.
You're not actually this braindead, are you?

Codex's "IS IT GOING TO HAVE GAYS AND TRANNIES" is pretty much as brain dead as Bioware fanboys opening threads on other forums, wondering if there would be romanceable characters in Wasteland 2 when it was announced.

Put that in perspective.

jungl

Augur
gays and tranny vampires don't exist in world of darkness because its based on christian ethos. When they become vampire its like michael pence sent the voltage to maximum and they become cured. Human gays and trannies don't exist either cause when they die they become wraiths and never go into the afterlife because god hates fags. There are hundreds of ghost movies in WoD about wraiths screaming and whailing "dont be a faaaaaaaag aaaaaaahhhh this sux". "I cut my dick now im stuck as a ghost" was a very good film but most people don't want to be a ghost.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Fluent, when I say something is a rumor then I mean it. Don't trumpet that around as if it's confirmed.

This could be a Vampire grand strategy game for all we know
Vampire grand strategy game confirmed. You all heard it here first. Now go forth and tell your 1-2 friends.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom