Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Harthwain

Magister
I don't see how that's possible if they build on top of what is already made, which they most likely will.
Well, I will put it this way: I am interested to see what a new studio can do with this mess.

That hope will last as long as the next hardcore SJW type person will be revealed to have a big hand in the project, because Paradox will have learned nothing.
Maybe. We shall see.

Longes

Augur
V5 is cursed, eh. First Modiphus spends four years 'making' Player's Guide, only to never release it and get kicked as the Paradox's main V5 publisher. Now Hardsuit Labs repeats their journey.

Wunderbar

Arcane
It's a polite way of saying that Hardsuit Labs botched the project. Honestly, this is good news in my opinion, because it could mean the game can be salvaged. Maybe.
Going to take them a massive amount of time simply getting up to speed on a project that was being developed by a completely different team.
i bet they are restarting the development from scratch. Next release date - 2023-2024.
Depends entirely on who they're working with I suppose. Paradox could be looking to simply push some garbage out their and recoup a bit of their losses.
Not like paradox could possibly have a worse reputation.
well Paradox own White Wolf, and VTMB2 was supposed to be their headlining project. Throwing some halfbaked product out of the door may tarnish the IP and damage their future plans for WoD setting.

I suspect the ubisoft fixer told them that the project is unsalvageable, so now they will be making a new game but will continue calling it VTMB2 just to save face.

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a good chance the game wasn't anywhere close to even being in a beta-ready state.
They showed us nearly nothing about the game itself. We knew next to nothing about the levels, story, or even character sheets.

How long until we get the juicy drama?

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Didn't expect this, yet somehow not surprised.

Way to fuck up, Hardsuit.

Way to encourage them to fuck up, Paradox.

Still, might get a competent developer, which would be nice.

Longes

Augur
Judging by The Council, it will be a lot better too.

I've played only the first episode and it was great, but I heard the later episodes became worse.

The only problem is that it's in Epic's jail, which means it won't exist until release + 1 year after that (still earlier than Bloodlines 2 though).
The Council was a cool idea that went far off the deep end. It starts as a murder mystery at the Illuminati meetup. It ends
with you siding with either Jesus or YHVH who are both body-snatching demons, on the topic of whether humanity should be controlled through monarchism or corrupt democracies.

Dexter

Arcane
Who called this shit two years ago?
Honestly, aside from all that shit I think people are too unconcerned about the developers of this, it strikes me similar to people expecting a competent Planescape: Torment sequel from the developers of Super Stacker and Choplifter HD: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...live-on-in-eternity.76239/page-8#post-2278162

Who the fuck are these people, and why would they be the right choice or posess the requisite skills to develop a sequel to Bloodlines?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Studios#Games_developed
https://www.mobygames.com/company/zombie-studios-inc
Let's assume that Cara will be a one-off and leave any sort of concern about politics aside, let's assume it's just a group of people trying to make the best game they possibly can and the best possible sequel to a cult-classic.

I'd just like to point out the studio's history again in greater detail for all the fabulously optimistic people out there, since I think they aren't paying near anywhere enough attention to that.

Here's some of their latest output:
Blacklight: Retribution (2012)

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (2012)

Special Forces: Team X (2013)

Daylight (2014)

Phantom Army (2014)

They've apparently also worked on porting some games like "Shadow Complex: Remastered" to PC or "Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" to consoles under their new name, but have otherwise done no Original work since then.

Blacklight: Retribution is also the only other title they also feature majorly on their website after the transition from Zombie Studios to Hardsuit Labs: https://www.hardsuitlabs.com/blacklight/
For which they recently announced an end of life in preparation to the reveal of Bloodlines 2: https://twitter.com/HardsuitLabs/status/1093934661917597697

Money down the moneypit well spent, Paradox! If only the "CURRENT YEAR" gaming industry could use a mysterious magical power that people used to have called "Common Sense".

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALL THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
THEY ARE REMOVING THE POZ.
THEY ARE EXPANDING THE GAMEPLAY.
THEY ARE TIGHTENING THE GRAPHICS.
AND WHEN THE RELEASE FINALLY ARRIVES THE CODEX NAYSAYERS WILL BE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY HOW THE GAME IS NOT ONLY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL BUT ON PAR WITH DEUS EX OR SYSTEM SHOCK 2.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Shrug. Paradox deserves more of the blame than they do honestly.
Hardsuit labs was some shovelware developer. There's a difference between giving people a chance and telling them to make a sequel to a well loved cult classic.
Kai Cluney, Mitsoda and Hardsuit just made a pitch, it was deemed good enough for Paradox to hire them.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They should give the IP to some eastern evro devs so we could see some incline. If they give it to another kwan garbage peddlers it will be the same shit lol. Those retards getting kicked out seems natural,even swedecuckz have a breaking point for smooching. They spend the last year whining for money so they could go and riot for inclusion and shit lol.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Hardsuit getting cut out. Smells like someone missed an important milestone.

I can't wait for the Hardsuit abortion post-mortem. Get Annie VanderMeer to make a VN about it. :takemymoney:

Codex Year of the Donut
Hardsuit labs was some shovelware developer. There's a difference between giving people a chance and telling them to make a sequel to a well loved cult classic.
Kai Cluney, Mitsoda and Hardsuit just made a pitch, it was deemed good enough for Paradox to hire them.
And it was a bad idea.
The last thing Mitsoda worked on was what, Dead State?
I actually liked that game a lot but come on. They would have been better off convincing them to work on a smaller project first.

Vatnik Wumao
I FUCKING TOLD YOU ALL THAT THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN. AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL.
THEY ARE REMOVING THE POZ.
THEY ARE EXPANDING THE GAMEPLAY.
THEY ARE TIGHTENING THE GRAPHICS.
AND WHEN THE RELEASE FINALLY ARRIVES THE CODEX NAYSAYERS WILL BE BLOWN THE FUCK OUT BY HOW THE GAME IS NOT ONLY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL BUT ON PAR WITH DEUS EX OR SYSTEM SHOCK 2.

They have also stopped accepting pre-orders.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Hardsuit Labs came to Paradox and was headed by Brian Mitsoda. Paradox, having just obtained the WoD license, was enamored with him and signed on given his history with the franchise. However it soon became obvious that he is a mere shadow of his former self and his studio was severely lacking. A mistake they have now corrected and will never make again. The future's lookin' so bright the kindred better stay home for a while.
:dance:

Tao

Savant
Not even shocked. This honestly was the best decision Paradox could have take. Now don't screw up again and give the ip to another sjw retarded studio.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom