Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
According to their End of Year report Paradox has already started working with another studio. They don't name who though, could be Hardsuit.

Edit: My bad, meant HBS. Was going to sleep.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hardsuit getting cut out. Smells like someone missed an important milestone.

I can't wait for the Hardsuit abortion post-mortem. Get Annie VanderMeer to make a VN about it. :takemymoney:

Paradox probably hired them in the first place cos they were cheap. I bet they're regretting that short term cost saving right now.

Paradox owns part of Hardsuit.

That just adds to my assumption that Hardsuit were the cheapest option.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Swecucks at paradox actually thought they could make a big dick blockbuster RPG on a shoestring, and with a shovelware studio developing it.

Utterly delusional.
They did have at least some of the right people working with them - until they fired them all over either nonsensical allegations or who-knows-why-they-let-go-Mitsoda.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
when this game comes out to near universal acclaim you shall be ashamed of your words and deeds.

18jwl2.jpg

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
That just adds to my assumption that Hardsuit were the cheapest option.

Think Hardsuit were just the ones to pitch it as they had Mitsoda onboard for the sequel already. Paradox bought part of the company on the back of that. And the reason they did either was because Fred never saw an 80s IP for sale he could turn down. It'll end up being written off with the rest of them if it's as bad as it looks.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wonder what small medium sized studio can be hired to salvage this shit.

The only thing they can salvage from Hardsuit Labs works is probably just assets? Maaaybe the storyboards as well.

For Action RPG there is.. Spider? The team has experience of getting game out with limited budget but with decent enough result.

Piranha Bytes? Besides ELEX 2 are they even working on something?

That HBS hiring means that they are expanding and might be another choice but I don't think they have the record in making action RPG. Their fully 3D game also run like absolute ass.

Cyanide is probably another strong contender. They are very much like Spider, limited budget decent/mediocre stuff. They also have just finished the Werewolf games and that means Paradox already has a working relationship with them.

If Obsidion didn't get bought by Micrsoft they probably is another candidate as well but right now I don't think that's possible.

Arkane Studi seems like a logical choice because the kind of games they are making, but same as Obsidian, Zenimax and its subsidiary has been Mircrosoft-ed so very unlikely we will see them.

I don't think there any small-mid sized development studio in Murica that specialized in RPG that is still independent?

purupuru

Learned
I think Spider is supposed to be working on Steelrising? But then again most studios should be working on something already, it would be a challenge to find a decent studio on such a short notice.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wonder what small medium sized studio can be hired to salvage this shit.

The only thing they can salvage from Hardsuit Labs works is probably just assets? Maaaybe the storyboards as well.

For Action RPG there is.. Spider? The team has experience of getting game out with limited budget but with decent enough result.

Piranha Bytes? Besides ELEX 2 are they even working on something?

That HBS hiring means that they are expanding and might be another choice but I don't think they have the record in making action RPG. Their fully 3D game also run like absolute ass.

Cyanide is probably another strong contender. They are very much like Spider, limited budget decent/mediocre stuff. They also have just finished the Werewolf games and that means Paradox already has a working relationship with them.

If Obsidion didn't get bought by Micrsoft they probably is another candidate as well but right now I don't think that's possible.

Arkane Studi seems like a logical choice because the kind of games they are making, but same as Obsidian, Zenimax and its subsidiary has been Mircrosoft-ed so very unlikely we will see them.

I don't think there any small-mid sized development studio in Murica that specialized in RPG that is still independent?

Every dev you mentioned here other than Harebrained Schemes is owned by another publisher.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom