Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Testownia

In terms of style and writing, I'd give it to Failbetter Games.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Lord almighty, did they hire Duke Nukem Forever developers to make this?

You're onto something there:

pc3t4cJ.png

I was wondering where the infinity symbol fit into things.

Last edited:

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
What happened with Magna Mundi?

Modder drama is a fair summary but a bunch of modders turned dev spent months arguing that their game was perfectly on track and would be ready for release even as Paradox was coming to the realisation the chap leading the project was a fantasist and the game they were pretending to make was unplayable in every sense. Chap's family ended up having to get him put into a mental institution because he's so delusional. Surprise ending is that it turns out he doesn't have a mental health issue, he's just a bullshitter. Not sure if he's still planning to take Paradox through the European courts for, so he claims, signing over the ownership rights to their game engines to him or not.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Whoever said "non-consenting Kindred" was onto something, I think. In the latest version of VtM, vampires will be polite good bois who dindu nuffin and ask for consent. Didn't Lestat do that in Interview? That's homoerotic enough to be palatable to the woke.
Louis, not Lestat.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Whoever said "non-consenting Kindred" was onto something, I think. In the latest version of VtM, vampires will be polite good bois who dindu nuffin and ask for consent. Didn't Lestat do that in Interview? That's homoerotic enough to be palatable to the woke.
Louis, not Lestat.
"I'm going to give you the choice I never had." Something like that's Lestat's line. I didn't remember it before.

Tao

Savant
Louis, not Lestat.
"I'm going to give you the choice I never had." Something like that's Lestat's line. I didn't remember it before.
Dude, it's not even close to be the same.

Lestat was toying around. He is a whimsical character not a human right activist, wtf are you talking about xd

Besides in the books is Marius who sire that writer. The movie took a few licenses.

edit:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
You people should cool it with mocking comments, think of every poor consumer who preordered this game for the stop sign

Taking this time to appreciate the comedy of Paradox putting up a stop sign as a preorder bonus while the devs themselves talked about how the stop sign dialogue was insensitive to the mentally ill and they weren't going to include anything like that. P'dox should take this time to consider which direction they want to go in.

I think Spiders/Cyanide have top tier writers, they're just operating within the constraints of what little resources they have. I'd love to see them get a shot at a huge title like this (though I imagine they'll just hand it to Harebrained).

I imagine Cyanide's in the doghouse now on account of Earthblood doing so poorly. The writing was also received quite poorly here.

Oh yeah,they will give it to those sjws for sure. Which is really stupid because they won't be able to do a third person open world rpg for sure. Their forte is making top down TB rpgs with trannies in them. It will be a huge mess if they give it to harebraindead.

Before Bloodlines, Troika had only ever done pseudo-isometric turnbased RPGs and they had never worked with Source before (or anyone else for that matter). I'd have more faith in them shipping a decent RPG than any other Paradox-owned studio. That being said, I doubt it's going to them.

Is there a source regarding Earthblood? Not that it would be shocking if it did poorly but still...

Codex Year of the Donut
Is there a source regarding Earthblood? Not that it would be shocking if it did poorly but still...

At least the Metacritic ratings are not good: https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/werewolf-the-apocalypse---earthblood
In a world where you can pick up The Last of Us Remastered for a song, there’s no reason to waste your time on Earthblood.
This is a deeply average game reminiscent of cheap B-movies,
From story to visuals to level design, the game feels outdated
video game jo*rnalists

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am hopeful we will have a thread along the lines of "Why did Sirotek go bankrupt" several years from now on Bloodlines 2. I want to know the leadup to taking Hardsuit Labs off development. It blows my mind for something reason, especially the press release and how it struggled to put a semi-positive spin on this development.

Off topic, but I am reminded of that retro space horror game Routine, where the developer went AWOL.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
I am hopeful we will have a thread along the lines of "Why did Sirotek go bankrupt" several years from now on Bloodlines 2. I want to know the leadup to taking Hardsuit Labs off development. It blows my mind for something reason, especially the press release and how it struggled to put a semi-positive spin on this development.

Off topic, but I am reminded of that retro space horror game Routine, where the developer went AWOL.

This reminds me of Paranoia: Crappiness is Mandatory, except that actually got to see the light of a few days before being taken out back and given the Old Yeller happy ending.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
We still have utterly no clue as to why Mitsoda got sacked, right?
We were not there, but I'm not particularly into the mindset that it's always the evil publisher fucking with the good guy dev.

It's not completely out of the question that he was fairly shitty at doing his job, you know
So shitty we have the original Bloodlines to prove it! Wait-

Ninjerk

Arcane
Louis, not Lestat.
Dude, it's not even close to be the same.

Lestat was toying around. He is a whimsical character not a human right activist, wtf are you talking about xd

Besides in the books is Marius who sire that writer. The movie took a few licenses.

edit:

I'm sorry I failed a lore roll for your favorite homosexual vampire thriller.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No Mitsoda, no Bloodlines.

I don't see them hiring him back, so it's dead. Irreversible damage to the brand and the game. I have no interest in playing the salvage operation of Mitsoda's game. His characters are what made the original good.

They'd better call whatever game they make something else than Bloodlines.

Mitsoda's the guy who wrote the terribly bland Dead State and insisted that they hire Cara Ellison. His abilities as a writer have deteriorated considerably since 2004.
What we know is that Mitsoda needs a good team to perform, he's not that great when on his own. Aside from that, we can't conclude.

Testownia

Just listened to an interview with that female writer - an older one, of course - where she has a pouting fit over the fact that the translation team told her to stop putting genderqueer pronouns into the game, since only fucking English acknowledges those fantasies, and it's impossible to implement them into other languages. Apparently other languages aren't progressive enough. Racist.

https://www.rebind.io/the-rebind-po...on-vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-ii-4799/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom