Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I5sFgGX.png

Looking at thi s pic I realized I want to play as Gayver from classic anime. Yeah...

Caim

Arcane
Looking at thi s pic I realized I want to play as Gayver from classic anime. Yeah...
If you want to play as a Guyver you'll have to pick up Deviant: The Renegades. Hunter: The Vigil is for when you want to play the cast of It's Always Sunny who implant totally not Donald Trump with bits harvested from monsters to give him a massive erection, or if you want to play as a support group attended by vampires and Raoul Duke:

comxkBO.png

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
If you want to play as a Guyver you'll have to pick up Deviant: The Renegades. Hunter: The Vigil is for when you want to play the cast of It's Always Sunny who implant totally not Donald Trump with bits harvested from monsters to give him a massive erection, or if you want to play as a support group attended by vampires and Raoul Duke:

comxkBO.png
CthuluTech has a direct analogue to The Guyver, IIRC.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao

agris

Arcane
Patron
lol at the rose, this fucking genre...

I like urban romance in the goth stuff, it's entertaining even when it's ridiculous, which is always. Like The Hunger movie.
Don’t think I missed the two white doves and the eye of Horus inscribed on the column base. Oi, subtlety - thy name is not World of Darkness.

it’s like an aesthetic designed for kids that shop at hot topic.

Codex Year of the Donut
lol at the rose, this fucking genre...

I like urban romance in the goth stuff, it's entertaining even when it's ridiculous, which is always. Like The Hunger movie.
Don’t think I missed the two white doves and the eye of Horus inscribed on the column base. Oi, subtlety - thy name is not World of Darkness.

it’s like an aesthetic designed for kids that shop at hot topic.
That's what makes it good.
I take it you aren't a fan of B movies?

agris

Arcane
Patron
rusty_shackleford no, I love them. Cannibal the musical, anything by Carpenter, I dig it.

But this shit isn’t B, it’s serious as a heart attack. Which makes it less fun :(

maybe I’m wrong and I’m missing tongue in cheek in the style and the genre. I don’t detect that, I detect seriousness and no sense of self awareness or joy through ridiculousness at all.

hope I’m wrong!

Lambach

Arcane

Forgive my raging autism, but that chick is supposed to be a ~3300-year-old Toreador (Helena) with an Appearance score of 8. For those who might not know, a score of 5 is considered the human apex, meaning people like Newton would have an Intelligence score of 5, world champion strongmen would have a Strength score of 5 etc.

The chick in that image does not look like she's 3 standard deviations above the handful of the most beautiful women in the world. :M

Codex Year of the Donut

Forgive my raging autism, but that chick is supposed to be a ~3300-year-old Toreador (Helena) with an Appearance score of 8. For those who might not know, a score of 5 is considered the human apex, meaning people like Newton would have an Intelligence score of 5, world champion strongmen would have a Strength score of 5 etc.

The chick in that image does not look like she's 3 standard deviations above the handful of the most beautiful women in the world. :M
you haven't seen her with her shirt off yet

alyvain

Learned
maybe I’m wrong and I’m missing tongue in cheek in the style and the genre. I don’t detect that, I detect seriousness and no sense of self awareness or joy through ridiculousness at all.

I think there are plenty of what you're saying in the first game, and that's what made it great. The tone was perfect for the material. But like in general, in the tabletop setting, - not so much.

agris

Arcane
Patron
In vtmb1? For sure. In that art I replied to? Idk. Is it like the 2e AD&D art? Ok I can get behind it being campy on purpose. Is it serious? That’s how I interpreted it, and it’s silly in a sad way then.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

you haven't seen her with her shirt off yet
Also:
The Appearance Attribute is a measure of a character's attractiveness. More than simple looks, however, Appearance is the sum of a character's visible grace, beauty and the indefinable Je ne sais quoi that makes people desirable.
Can't capture all that in any drawing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom