Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Codex Year of the Donut

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, Womb is full of talented VAs. That guy is from Nebraska, the English accent was something he was told to affect.

Yukie, on the other hand, was not Womb. A particular tell is the poor quality recording of her lines. She's also not listed in imdb's credits (cause none of them voiced her :P)

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Lacroix is just exhibiting the typical flaws of a Ventrue which are being overemphasized in this case due to the PC being a Mary Sue
The way I see it, he was made into an idiot just to make him a very clear villain, even in contrast with Ming Xiao.

All the characters are turned up to 11, the subtlety of the writing is GTA5 tier. Did you not get this from the asian gun dealer, or the tower security guy, or the ching chong empress, or the fortune cookie seller guy? I get your ideology might cloud your brain from seeing it in the commie kiddie or the CEO of vampirism, but there are so many other OBVIOUS examples of it. All the characters are caricatures, on purpose. Its meant to be "cultural criticism" and "political satire", just like Rockstar Games claim about GTA.

Harthwain

Magister
All the characters are turned up to 11, the subtlety of the writing is GTA5 tier. Did you not get this from the asian gun dealer, or the tower security guy, or the ching chong empress, or the fortune cookie seller guy? I get your ideology might cloud your brain from seeing it in the commie kiddie or the CEO of vampirism, but there are so many other OBVIOUS examples of it. All the characters are caricatures, on purpose. Its meant to be "cultural criticism" and "political satire", just like Rockstar Games claim about GTA.
I don't mind exaggeration. But we aren't talking about that. We're talking about outright stupidity shown by a notable vampire character, not some side-quest NPC (and there are cases, where such exaggeration I not only don't mind, but quite like. Such as Mr. Ox).

Avarize

Magister
Malkavian is also the teenager choice. Lolrandom humour is firmly in the realm of adolescence. Of course if you mean the tabletop then you have the chance to roleplay as something a little more refined.

Vatnik Wumao
The benefits do not outweigh the negatives though. I doubt that you'd unironically want to be a Malkavian if you were thrust into the setting and had to pick a clan to be embraced by.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
The benefits do not outweigh the negatives though. I doubt that you'd unironically want to be a Malkavian if you were thrust into the setting and had to pick a clan to be embraced by.
There's a method to the madness

117a52c7863bb5357f2e94545a879131.jpg

Delterius

Arcane
I don't mind exaggeration. But we aren't talking about that. We're talking about outright stupidity shown by a notable vampire character, not some side-quest NPC (and there are cases, where such exaggeration I not only don't mind, but quite like. Such as Mr. Ox).
LaCroix's problem isn't so much that he's an idiot, rather that he's in over his head with what should have been an easy job. He's a mediocre guy sent to a frontier region no camarilla elder truly cares about. And he's pitted against Ming Xiao, who out-schemes him at every turn and Jack, who ruined everything with the sarcophagous.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
LaCroix's problem isn't so much that he's an idiot, rather that he's in over his head in what should have been an easy job. He's a mediocre guy sent to a frontier region no camarilla elder truly cares about. And he's pitted against Ming Xiao, who out-schemes him at every turn and Jack, who ruined everything with the sarcophagous.

Exactly, although it wouldn't have been an easy job in the first place. As far as I know the Camarilla could only install a prince into LA because the war between Anarchs and Kuei-Yin had weakened both factions. So they basically picked somebody who could be sacrificed and sent him into a warzone! No wonder Lacroix went for the hope the sarcophagus gave him to rise above all of this.

Delterius

Arcane
LaCroix's problem isn't so much that he's an idiot, rather that he's in over his head in what should have been an easy job. He's a mediocre guy sent to a frontier region no camarilla elder truly cares about. And he's pitted against Ming Xiao, who out-schemes him at every turn and Jack, who ruined everything with the sarcophagous.

Exactly, although it wouldn't have been an easy job in the first place. As far as I know the Camarilla could only install a prince into LA because the war between Anarchs and Kuei-Yin had weakened both factions. So they basically picked somebody who could be sacrificed and sent him into a warzone! No wonder Lacroix went for the hope the sarcophagus gave him to rise above all of this.
There's another issue. The Camarilla is very much an European - North Atlantic clique. They fight the Sabbat over the New World, sure, but Mexico, Eastern Canada and much of South America outright belongs to the sect. The western United States was always left for Camarilla rejects and runaways, people who qualify as Elders mostly because there's no competition. Grout became Malkavian elder as soon as he was discovered. When the Free State was formed it was because they took over from mediocre people like LaCroix. The former Prince of Los Angeles was even younger than LaCroix and, unlike LaCroix, kind of a shithead. LaCroix was weak and insecure but at least he tried (though he failed) to play politics. Prince Dominguez was strong but outright refused to do politics.

As far as the truly ancient vampires are concerned the free state Anarchs just needed time to mature and come into the fold and there's no real need to send someone actually useful to the boonies. I'm sure they were reluctant to even bother sending LaCroix until it was the Kuei-jin who were about to take over.

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane

Man, you guise are making me feel pity for ole Lacroix this way, imagine being a Napoleon mediocre middle manager on suicide watch to being embraced and end as a Camarilla mediocre middle manager being sent to Vampire Afghanistan for all eternity.

Delterius

Arcane

Man, you guise are making me feel pity for ole Lacroix this way, imagine being a Napoleon mediocre middle manager on suicide watch to being embraced and end as a Camarilla mediocre middle manager being sent to Vampire Afghanistan for all eternity.
California: Graveyard of Empires

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Could it be the poor French is an attempt to impart that his backstory is fake? Kinda like the fact that he says he was a lieutenant in Napoleon's army - which sounds like it was, but it was not a position of nobility. After the French Revolution, most junior officers were made up of former sergeants, who were middle or lower class. But not aristocrats. I'll find a link or such on this. He's trying to sound like some leader from nobility, but doesn't even understand that he's not.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are they incompetent in raping people, oooor?
What raping? You just told us that men like fat chicks and that you have a nice boyfriend that likes you. Nothing new lol. Send my regards to Mohamud.
Someone mentioned that Bloodlines 2 was developed by incompetent rapists and I was asking if they were incompetent in raping people. Also, he's a nice Bulgarian boy. Not Turkish-Bulgarian, just Bulgarian.

Vatnik Wumao
What raping? You just told us that men like fat chicks and that you have a nice boyfriend that likes you. Nothing new lol. Send my regards to Mohamud.
Someone mentioned that Bloodlines 2 was developed by incompetent rapists and I was asking if they were incompetent in raping people. Also, he's a nice Bulgarian boy. Not Turkish-Bulgarian, just Bulgarian.
No longer a Gastarbeiter, Lacrymas? Or are you ghettoizing yourself with fellow expats?

Codex Year of the Donut
I kinda like chubby chicks tbh
very few women fit the definition, most of them are just fat and disgusting

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom