Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is two weeks old but it wasn't brought up here. Rik Schaffer did an AMA on reddit.

luWfTnS.png

Pretty strong words from him. I think "Carla" is meant to be Cara.

9dRug2r.png

:obviously:

ucJVMB6.png

This is a really lovely piece of trivia. I think we can all agree that the casting for VTMB was excellent.

Wesp5

Arcane
Wow, thanks for those infos! I didn't know that Brian was already pissed off that much during Bloodlines 1 development :). No wonder he might not have moved the way that Paradox wanted with Bloodlines 2 so they got rid of him...

Wesp5

Arcane
So it's safe to assume that their next take on Bloodlines 2 will look even worse?

Well, we could take a look at VtM Bloodhunt, their battle royale game breaking the Masquerade left and right as soon as somebody in Prague looks out of the window...

Cael

Arcane
So it's safe to assume that their next take on Bloodlines 2 will look even worse?

Well, we could take a look at VtM Bloodhunt, their battle royale game breaking the Masquerade left and right as soon as somebody in Prague looks out of the window...
The Masquerade is a patriarchal construct. Black Weasel wouldn't want to support such a thing.

Wesp5

Arcane
their battle royale game breaking the Masquerade left and right as soon as somebody in Prague looks out of the window...

Blood Hunt mission in Santa Monica broke Masquerade left and right too.

Yes, but the affected area was much smaller and it was only a small part of a larger game. Bloodhunt is basically Vampire: Break the Masquerade :)!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Chair-kicking moment is additional evidence that my ancient source who told me that Mitsoda was an egotistical primadonna who was difficult to work with was on the level. :M

S.torch

Arbiter
Egotistical primadonna? No, every artist can, should and often will be upset if his or her art is not respected, be it music, story, paintings, and etcetera. And if he is not, there is a problem here. Because it means that he doesn't stand for what he is doing.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Egotistical primadonna? No, every artist can, should and often will be upset if his or her art is not respected, be it music, story, paintings, and etcetera. And if he is not, there is a problem here. Because it means that he doesn't stand for what he is doing.

If he was making art, he'd be making his own things instead of coming in as a hired gun for a licensed product. Turns out his idea of art was Dead State and Panic at Multiverse High, which was uh....

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
An artist can be a true artist and an egotistical prima donna at the same time. There's a reason it's called the "artistic temperament".

If he was making art, he'd be making his own things instead of coming in as a hired gun for a licensed product. Turns out his idea of art was Dead State and Panic at Multiverse High, which was uh....
Yeah, because no real artist throughout history has had to work on projects funded by other people. Oh wait

S.torch

Arbiter
If he was making art, he'd be making his own things instead of

Oh, I agree that if you're a creator in these times the best you can do is making your own thing. However the first (or the second) of these games was released in 2004. In that time:

- The indie scene in games had not taken so much force and impulse.
- Many people didn't think that the corpos would throw them under the bus later on as hard.

So, while I agree, I can still feel certain sympathy for people who in that time didn't see the writing in the wall. After all, they thought that it was an equal relationship betweem them and the corpos. In which they have a say. Now is more obvious than ever that corpos will get you the boot for whatever reason they like, even if you didn't do anything wrong.

But again, many people didn't neccesary think that back then.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah, because no real artist throughout history has had to work on projects funded by other people. Oh wait

Key parts of my post involved licensed settings and his own personal projects.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Key parts of my post involved licensed settings and his own personal projects.
Well, if you want to pick that apart, we can. The writing and plotting in Dead State was perfectly good*, and Multiverse High was very obviously Annie's project, so your derision of Brian's essential creativity is baseless edginess. Your second implication is that no artist ever has to worry about money if they are any good, which is obviously idiotic. So I'm not sure what your actual point is.

*In b4 someone quotes a line or points out one character that wasn't that great.

Flying Dutchman

Learned
Chair-kicking moment is additional evidence that my ancient source who told me that Mitsoda was an egotistical primadonna who was difficult to work with was on the level. :M

:( but ?

:: Tell me more, tell me more ::
:: Like was chair-kicking on par? ::

If it was Activision, though, I imagine that was a routine meeting.

Murk

Arcane
I would just love it if someone went on a Monty or MCA style rantathon about all that happened during this shit show.

Last edited:

Monkey Baron

Arbiter
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would just love it if someone went on a Monty or MCA style rantathon about all that happened during this shit show.

I wonder how much Chris would be able to divulge. I would love to know the manboon behind the internal 2018 audit and the firing of Ka'ai and Brian.

I wish I lived in the alternate world where he was never cancelled.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I dunno about Mitsoda work after Bloodlines, working with a franchise is always easier than creating stuff from zero but one thing you cant accuse him is of not giving a fuck, yes, maybe the end result of his work on this Bloodlines 2 vapourware ended being meh anyway but we had two options: Mitsoda managing the danger hair tumblerinas, maybe at least controlling the damage, and danger hair tumblerinas free to do anything they like, now the first option is gone... well... we have a Han Solo "Don't give me the odds." moment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom