Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Schlep is very common in US coastal/urban vernacular (much the same as “Schmuck” or “Putz”).
https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3920923/jewish/What-Does-Schlep-Mean.htm
Chabad said:
Schlep (or shlep) is Yiddish for “drag” or “pull,” and functions as a noun or verb.

Schlep: To Tote
When a Jewish family prepares for a flight and their Yiddishe mama packs them extra tuna sandwiches—since there is no kosher food available in the airport, and she cannot picture her precious children going hungry—it would be accurate to say that they are schlepping along tons of extra baggage. In this case, the use is somewhat figurative, since they need not physically drag the tuna sandwiches.

Schlep: To Drag
Now suppose the studious yeshivah student of a son decided to pack along his spare set of Talmud (20 oversized volumes). The luggage would become so heavy that there would be choice but to schlep it on the ground.

Schlep: To Be a Burden
Once this family realizes that they have so much luggage with them, the entire trip has become more of a burden than a boon. They can then say that the entire trip was just one big schlep.

Oisgeshlept: Drawn Out
As the vacation continues, and they miss their regular routines back home, the ordeal begins to feel oisgeshlept, “drawn out.” If it gets so bad that it begins to remind them of a winter cold that never ends, they may call it an “oisgeshlepte krank,” an illness that drags on and on.

Schlepn Beim Tzung: Tugging by the Tongue
As the family continues to bicker about their non-fun vacation (except of course for the abovementioned scholar, whose nose is buried in his Talmud and refuses to get schlepped into the brouhaha), some family members begin to campaign for going home early, telling their parents, “You told us we could leave early if we don’t enjoy it. “Schlep unz nisht beim tzung (don’t tug us by our tongues),” say the exasperated parents. “Don’t try to use our words to force us into anything.”

People as Schleppers
As the family sits and bemoans their fate, they forget to take care of their appearances, and are soon a disheveled and bedraggled group. An observer may remark that they look like a bunch of “shleppers,” which literally means “draggers,” but refers to anyone who is not quite making it, socially, financially or appearance-wise. The closest English equivalent to schlepper would probably be “loser.”

Nochshleppers and Mitshleppers: Tagalongs
Good news! Our family finally schlepps back home (schlepping their luggage). Determined not to transgress the Torah guidelines for lashon hara (slander), they keep mum about their experiences. People talk about the wonderful destination, and soon groupies and copycats (mitshleppers and nochshleppers) start making the trip to the same destination.

I hope that answer didn’t schlep on too long, but once I start writing, I get schlepped into it…
Schlep/shlep is common as a verb, much less common as the noun schlepper/shlepper, and the pejorative usage does not mean "idiot".

7128d1e053fb0138f47d005056a9545d

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Schlep is very common in US coastal/urban vernacular (much the same as “Schmuck” or “Putz”).

Schlep/shlep is common as a verb, much less common as the noun schlepper/shlepper, and the pejorative usage does not mean "idiot".

You can quote whatever shit you want, you're still wrong

Here, let me quote shit of my own

https://www.etymonline.com/word/schlep

schlep (n.)

"stupid person, loser," 1939, short for schlepper "person of little worth" (1934), in Yiddish, "fool, beggar, scrounger," from schlep (v.)

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Roguey: asks a cunning question
Avellone: explains his affiliation with Owlcat
Gamejournos: Pathfinder Right of Wratheous was developed by a literal rapist Chris Avalon

***game bombs in sales***

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gamejournos: Pathfinder Right of Wratheous was developed by a literal rapist Chris Avalon

I doubt most players give two shits what the game press have to say about the writers.

The pathfinder CRPG subs are pretty pro-Avellone.

Wesp5

Arcane
Seems like paradox really did what we all suspected them to do regarding to mitsoda. There was never been a respect towards the original IP nor people who worked on it. They used their names for credibility then for whatever reason tossed them aside and went on doing whatever the fuck they want to do.

I don't believe that. Mitsoda himself made the pitch, they didn't get him on board afterwards only to hype the game! But I do believe that during development something changed. Wasn't it started before Paradox dissolved the whole seperate WW entity because of some issue in a source book? I can imagine that Bloodlines 2 was full of the usual Mitsoda jokes who at least in Bloodlines were far from politically correct and once Paradox changed, somebody high up the ladder didn't like it anymore.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Seems like paradox really did what we all suspected them to do regarding to mitsoda. There was never been a respect towards the original IP nor people who worked on it. They used their names for credibility then for whatever reason tossed them aside and went on doing whatever the fuck they want to do.

I don't believe that. Mitsoda himself made the pitch, they didn't get him on board afterwards only to hype the game! But I do believe that during development something changed. Wasn't it started before Paradox dissolved the whole seperate WW entity because of some issue in a source book? I can imagine that Bloodlines 2 was full of the usual Mitsoda jokes who at least in Bloodlines were far from politically correct and once Paradox changed, somebody high up the ladder didn't like it anymore.

The promotional material mentioned the game including "trigger warnings" in the quest log. I can't be arsed to look up the exact moment when the project exposed itself as woke, but the previous KKK was that the Hardsuit team -- handpicked by Mitsoda, no less -- itself was a bunch of woke shitheads.

Harthwain

Magister
Not sure why you guys try to reach further than Hardsuit Labs simply not being capable to do the job. Mitsoda said that he and his team (the writers) were on schedule. He was probably kicked, because there were constant delays and he wasn't OK with cutting the game to speed up the process. Then the outside hatched-man arrived to assess the situation, said the project was unsalvageable as-is and the whole thing got scrapped and handled to another team. This could be as simple as that.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Who wrote this? Show yourself.

I run the twitter account. A very Roguey-Agenda tweet.
You're an idiot if you think he's gonna write anything like that about Wasteland3 or Kingmaker. The reason he wrote that about "Vtmb2" was pure payback - because they caused him harm with their bullshit twitter message about firing him. So he owes them nothing, his former colleagues were fired too, so he holds no allegiance with the project. It's all written between the lines. The situation with W3 and Kingmaker is the complete opposite.

That tweet of yours is literally [low int].

Wesp5

Arcane
Mitsoda said that he and his team (the writers) were on schedule. He was probably kicked, because there were constant delays and he wasn't OK with cutting the game to speed up the process.

That makes sense. To me a big warning sign was when they announced that the player would have the traversal powers of all thinblood paths! This meant that they just couldn't find ways to add these three options to all the maps which meant that mapping was behind schedule. In hindsight I would say that the powerful thinblood disciplines were a mistake right from the start. Like it sounded great on paper, but when they started to build the world and maps with these powers in mind they realized that they just couldn't make it work.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mitsoda said that he and his team (the writers) were on schedule. He was probably kicked, because there were constant delays and he wasn't OK with cutting the game to speed up the process.

That makes sense. To me a big warning sign was when they announced that the player would have the traversal powers of all thinblood paths! This meant that they just couldn't find ways to add these three options to all the maps which meant that mapping was behind schedule. In hindsight I would say that the powerful thinblood disciplines were a mistake right from the start. Like it sounded great on paper, but when they started to build the world and maps with these powers in mind they realized that they just couldn't make it work.

I never understood why they needed to give you all those powers by default anyway.

If you're playing a vampire you're going to have a high baseline level of strength and agility, and with regular "deus ex" style maps that already have a lot of options, those abilities alone should give you what you need.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Probably because most of them had no clue about rpgs and tought the "farmer to god slayer" was a RPG checkbox thing and because they also dont give a damn about the setting rules anyway. Besides, being millenial Seattle vampire losers must be a thing that strike a cord with them.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Not sure why you guys try to reach further than Hardsuit Labs simply not being capable to do the job.

Yeah I gotta agree with this. It all looked like a trainwreck from day one. All the woke nonsense coming from Cara Ellison clearly didn't matter to Mitsoda and certainly wouldn't matter to Paradox either, they're Swedes after all. Lack of actual game to showcase after years of production, now that's another story. Finally somebody realized they are just pissing money into a blackhole and pulled the plug.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Owlcat PR lady already claimed that he "finished his contract." I want to know what work was delivered per the terms of said contract.

You're an idiot if you think he's gonna write anything like that about Wasteland3 or Kingmaker. The reason he wrote that about "Vtmb2" was pure payback - because they caused him harm with their bullshit twitter message about firing him. So he owes them nothing, his former colleagues were fired too, so he holds no allegiance with the project. It's all written between the lines. The situation with W3 and Kingmaker is the complete opposite.

That tweet of yours is literally [low int].

They never said they fired him though? Just that his contract ended a long time ago and they had already thrown out all his work (and he already knew as much before they announced that to the public). The weasel Fargo didn't even include Avellone in the credits to Wasteland 3 (though I hear he was patched in recently, which makes for a stronger case for why he should now detail just what exactly he contributed).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I think the current plan is genius.

1. Take IP with a cult following.

2. Generate actual hype.

3. ????? (mostly fuckery)

4. Release when hype is gone.

5. No profit.

6. Blame somebody.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy

Glad this project is dumpster fire and i hope it was such a moneysink that will take a long time to recoup.
Paradox will survive they'll just tack on another 7 dlcs for crusader kings 3

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the current plan is genius.

1. Take IP with a cult following.

2. Generate actual hype.

3. ????? (mostly fuckery)

4. Release when hype is gone.

5. No profit.

6. Blame somebody.

Maybe its a scheme to pay less taxes, have a failed project for which you say you lost huge amount of money that made you operate with net loss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom