Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Just a rumor
https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeak...bloodline_2_overhauled_internally_at_paradox/

Hey Lámin from Stockholm. I have some contacts in Swedish’s studio such as Fatshark, Avalanche and Paradox. We all know what has been happening with the development of Vampire masquerade bloodline 2 being taken away from Hardsuit Labs. My friend who handles playtest and managing content at Paradox obviously I can’t prove this because this was in a play test room when I was there last week. She told me that a third development team at the office is handling the development themself and they are rebooting it. She told me that a release date right now is 2023. this will be announced at the investor meeting in 1Q 2022. Again i can’t prove it through text/email, this was a personal conversation, she’s not supposed tell anyone (NDA). One thing you Will notice when it announced, there Will be extremely limited character creator, gender, and face. But the lead character’s background is all the same

So take it with a grain salt if you so wish.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodo1610

Arcane
BS Paradox was never looking for someone with the knowledge required for a game like this. I still think if this s game still exists then it's in development at some no-name studio in east Asia.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
This is Paradox marketing. They know it's better to keep the conversation going, even if there's nothing to say, so they produce these fake leaks.

They succeeded, you're talking about it. Keep dancing to their tune and using words like "hype" and "incline" for a turd that doesn't deserve to even be called "vtmb" 2.

J1M

Arcane
If you want them to talk about the game, you have to start a campaign for people to refund it that builds momentum.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
shaennu.jpg
stravinsky.jpg
warghoul.jpg
fleshcraft.jpg
ELr7LgLWoAAdQAs

Lambach

Arcane
I had fun in Antitribu mod with my Szlachta.

"I had fun in Antitribu mod" is not something I expected to read.... ever. How did your Szlachta survive more than 3-4 seconds of enemies blasting it with assault rifles that, in this mod, seem to fire bullets made from Sunlight and god's hatred for the undead?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

"I had fun in Antitribu mod" is not something I expected to read.... ever. How did your Szlachta survive more than 3-4 seconds of enemies blasting it with assault rifles that, in this mod, seem to fire bullets made from Sunlight and god's hatred for the undead?

Mayhap there lies the trick. The Szlachta are still mortal.

Lambach

Arcane
Mayhap there lies the trick. The Szlachta are still mortal.

Mortal or not, when I played Antitribu with a Tzimnisce, my Szlachta died awfully quick to any enemy in the mod that could hold an assault rifle, and by "quick" I mean the aforementioned 3-4 seconds. The same applied to the PC himself, even though Kindred are supposed to be pretty resilient to gunfire in both the lore and actual PnP mechanics.

I was one of the people voicing this complaint (among many, many other complaints) waaaaaay back in 2015 on the Antitribu official Forum, but the mod creators didn't really seem to give a shit since they were busy trying to get their own vidya studio to take off and they were using Antitribu as advertisement. The studio in question, as you might have guessed, failed miserably in less than 1 year and no longer exists save from some promotional hype-posts on social media from 2016.

I hate to be the one to go "told you so", but..... told ya so, you fucking niggers. :smug:

Vincente

Arbiter

I was playing the game as it was Arcanum, had 2 followers, sired Yukie, got the gargoyle AND had my Szlachta. That xenomorph looking guy can fuck shit up, I tell you. Although that Ultra-Hunter squad that heli's in at Andrei's mansion was really tough.
I want to try Lasombra next, simply because of Obtenebration and pic related:
20191115174449_1.jpg

Lambach

Arcane
I was playing the game as it was Arcanum, had 2 followers, sired Yukie, got the gargoyle AND had my Szlachta. That xenomorph looking guy can fuck shit up, I tell you. Although that Ultra-Hunter squad that heli's in at Andrei's mansion was really tough.

Ah, gotcha, having a small army at your side does help things. Personally, I avoided followers altogether because it seemed far too immersion-breaking even in a mod that's intended to be immersion-breaking.

I want to try Lasombra next, simply because of Obtenebration and pic related:
20191115174449_1.jpg

Lasombra are literally the perfect encapsulation of this Mod in general. Hugely ambitious ideas that would've made for a completely different, refreshing and enjoyable playthrough of an old game in every way, except all of it is fucking broken, buggy and unfinished.

The mod makers actually went out of their way to adapt Obtenebration into what it's supposed to be in PnP, but the problem is that their code/scripts literally don't work half the time and the powers offered by new Disciplines feel largely useless against the "chain-gun-mini-nuke" dropping enemies that the mod forces you to find against as early as mid-game and onward.

Vincente

Arbiter
Ah, gotcha, having a small army at your side does help things. Personally, I avoided followers altogether because it seemed far too immersion-breaking even in a mod that's intended to be immersion-breaking.
Yeah I can see how it can turn some people off, but for me, it was a breath of fresh air, since I haven't heard of CompMod up until the point I played Antitribu. I was actually thinking of playing the mod by itself because it's ambitious as hell, plus all the options you get as Ventrue (dominating bums and prostitutes, even small time NPC's to do your bidding) seem massive. Plus I have a corruption fetish.

The mod makers actually went out of their way to adapt Obtenebration into what it's supposed to be in PnP, but the problem is that their code/scripts literally don't work half the time...
That was the other thing I wanted to talk about, I like the mod when it actually works, half the time it just falls flat because of its scripts. Like how vampire hunters can attack you in the middle of the street if you have a violation, but youre still in the Masquerade area, so if you try to fight back, you get police hunting you on top of hunters attacking you. Plus all the random hunter assassins placed in various points of each hub can be a pain in the ass. (I remember fighting hunters in Hollywood's backstreets, alleyways and sewers, all with 0 violations).

Vincente

Arbiter
Unless I mixed mods up?
After playing the mod for a while, you numb to all the retarded combat choices. Having fought 2 Panders (one in Ocean House, one in the Downtown cutscene with Nines), hunters, and Grout's very own Malkavians, I didn't even flinch at the thought of having to fight his wife.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Unless I mixed mods up?
After playing the mod for a while, you numb to all the retarded combat choices. Having fought 2 Panders (one in Ocean House, one in the Downtown cutscene with Nines), hunters, and Grout's very own Malkavians, I didn't even flinch at the thought of having to fight his wife.

It didn't numb me enough. The STUPID was just too powerful in that one instance.

Wesp5

Arcane
I will let this dude from the Let's Play Archives reply to this.

Although having to fight Grout's wife is ridiculous, I really think she was a vampire. Grout explains on his tapes that she got sick and this is probably what it was :)!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom