Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Because it's awesome?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
screenshot_20230130-141d8f.png

I'm watching a sci fi series where the big mystery is that scientists - physicists in particular - are committing suicide. One of the more poignant notes left behind is 'physics isn't real'. Can't shake the feeling of how terrible it must be to be a footsoldier of the 'Technocracy' in the middle of planeswar.
Isn't this "The Three Body Problem"?
I thought the announced series about it wasn't out yet.

Delterius

Arcane
I'm watching a sci fi series where the big mystery is that scientists - physicists in particular - are committing suicide. One of the more poignant notes left behind is 'physics isn't real'. Can't shake the feeling of how terrible it must be to be a footsoldier of the 'Technocracy' in the middle of planeswar.
Isn't this "The Three Body Problem"?
I thought the announced series about it wasn't out yet.
It's being continuously released somewhere on here

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sounds like an excellent way to get the second thread retardoed. Besides, there's other VtM threads for lore-wankery needs and tech support.
All my posts are related to Bloodlines 2. Just report the off-topic posts that are about other VtM matters.

Harthwain

Magister
It's currently in development, likely by The Chinese Room, and they're working towards a 2023 release date according to Paradox's CEO who said it wasn't "impossible" as well as TCR's end-of-the-year newsletter.
Such estimates are always optimistic. You have to add 6 months at best or 18 months at worst to get a real release date. So if they are aiming at the end of 2023, expect it to happen early in 2024 (again, at best!).

Codex Year of the Donut
Need to add 6 months for the time they spend in the dedicated employee crying room and 18 months for the added time having women nagging the people who get work done adds.

sosmoflux

Educated
That was one of VtMBs main strengths, wasn't it. It took something truly cringe, with this awful brain-rotted fanbase, and somehow actually made it cool.

The things that made it cool though are now the things modernity game devs self censor away. VtMB2 just cannot be made. It's a complete... Paradox.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
crunchy-booger-ero-paint-vtmb-cover.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmE6v-DLBKc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

This post is claiming to be official cover art for an upcoming comic based on Bloodlines 2.

That's like something I would make except it would be three women and a dude.

-thinks-

That's still popular right? I fear modern sexual attitudes may have moved too fast for me.
As far as Hollywood is concerned, it appears to be akin to murder. Male nudity only, and a threesome means mmf.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Four artists so it's an anthology book. Not exactly leading with their best though. :M

Ironmonk

Augur
By today standards, the woman actually is a man and both dudes are actually women.

In that case, would this be considered based? lol

Semiurge

Cipher
That was one of VtMBs main strengths, wasn't it. It took something truly cringe, with this awful brain-rotted fanbase, and somehow actually made it cool.

The things that made it cool though are now the things modernity game devs self censor away. VtMB2 just cannot be made. It's a complete... Paradox.

The franchise has been thoroughly troonified ages ago. Their kind would micromanage every aspect of the game, removing everything that would offend those who have even a modicum of victimhood potential. Their kind represents the care & control- oriented feminine personality going awry, no matter what junk they have downstairs. On the other hand, I wouldn't want the dudebros taking control over it either, they'd just make the vampire hunters more prominent or something as lame as that because they have secret no-homo chubby for Van Helsing.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's currently in development, likely by The Chinese Room, and they're working towards a 2023 release date according to Paradox's CEO who said it wasn't "impossible" as well as TCR's end-of-the-year newsletter.
I may be repeating myself, but even putting aside the retarded politics the Chinese Room espouse, so far all they've ever made have been walking simulators. Bad ones at that. Nobody liked A Machine for Pigs, not even cucked Marxists.

Why have they been tasked with making a game as complex and borderline immersive sim as a Bloodlines sequel, especially when the last band of clowns failed so utterly?

What specifications or talent does the Chinese Room bring to the table they the ones being called in to unfuck the project?

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

The franchise has been thoroughly troonified ages ago. Their kind would micromanage every aspect of the game, removing everything that would offend those who have even a modicum of victimhood potential. Their kind represents the care & control- oriented feminine personality going awry, no matter what junk they have downstairs. On the other hand, I wouldn't want the dudebros taking control over it either, they'd just make the vampire hunters more prominent or something as lame as that because they have secret no-homo chubby for Van Helsing.
It was cringe in the 90s and it's still cringe now. Troika made it palatable for a wider audience than mall goths, or whatever the zoomer equivalent is now, but even then they had to constantly jump through bureaucratic hoops to bring their vision to life. With Paradox exercising full creative control and being captured by mall goths, the games are predictably terrible.

And speaking of Helsing wannabes, Paradox is also helming a revival of the Hunter: The Reckoning video games. As if they haven't seen the plethora of monster slaying games that constantly release which they must compete with.

God dammit, video game industry. I just want to see an urban fantasy crpg that takes place in modern-ish times, where magic hides from the muggles, and isn't set in Hogwarts or Miskatonic U. How is that so difficult?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
God dammit, video game industry. I just want to see an urban fantasy crpg that takes place in modern-ish times, where magic hides from the muggles, and isn't set in Hogwarts or Miskatonic U.
Problem is that most of the male audience is not particularly interested in urban fantasy, and most of the female audience is not interested in cRPGs - or at least the kind of cRPGs you would want being made.

There's also the problem of IP. Granted, you could always create a new one for the game, but most publishers will want to capitalize on the built-in audience of a preexisting, relatively popular IP and... well, there's not many of those when it comes to urban fantasy.

You have Harry Potter, a much diminished World of Darkness and a bunch of stuff aimed at women.

But I'm with you, I'd love a good urban fantasy cRPG or immersive sim.
How is that so difficult?
As difficult as it is to make a proper sequel to Bloodlines apparently.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
may be repeating myself, but even putting aside the retarded politics the Chinese Room espouse, so far all they've ever made have been walking simulators. Bad ones at that. Nobody liked A Machine for Pigs, not even cucked Marxists.

Why have they been tasked with making a game as complex and borderline immersive sim as a Bloodlines sequel, especially when the last band of clowns failed so utterly?

What specifications or talent does the Chinese Room bring to the table they the ones being called in to unfuck the project?
Sumo Digital valued them enough to pay millions for the name/Dan Pinchbeck alone. Allegedly Sumo also made a pitch Paradox liked.

Harthwain

Magister
As if they haven't seen the plethora of monster slaying games that constantly release which they must compete with.
Such as? Because Monster Hunter isn't exactly the kind of game that comes to mind when thinking about hunting vampires. And a game about vampire hunting can be approached in diverse ways (if you know how to do it and what you want to accomplish).

Wesp5

Arcane
And a game about vampire hunting can be approached in diverse ways (if you know how to do it and what you want to accomplish).

Redfalls is just about to be released, handling vampire hunting similar to Left4Dead meets Borderlands or something like this ;)...

Harthwain

Magister
Redfalls is just about to be released, handling vampire hunting similar to Left4Dead meets Borderlands or something like this ;)...
Huh, first time I am hearing about it. I am somewhat interested in vampire games (I blame my university friend, who was a real vampire junkie), but this ain't the kind of a game I am looking for so I will most likely pass. Replacing zombies with vampires just doesn't do it for me.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
As if they haven't seen the plethora of monster slaying games that constantly release which they must compete with.
Such as? Because Monster Hunter isn't exactly the kind of game that comes to mind when thinking about hunting vampires. And a game about vampire hunting can be approached in diverse ways (if you know how to do it and what you want to accomplish).
I mean, slaughtering monstrous enemies by the truckload is one of the most common video game premises there is. Vampire hunting specifically doesn’t seem to be very common, tho. The only example I can name off the top of my head is Wrath of Malachi. From the early 2000s.

But I do remember seeing a number of videos on youtube demoing paranormal investigations games where you shoot monsters. Can’t remember the names of any, sorry.

Problem is that most of the male audience is not particularly interested in urban fantasy,
Why? Arcanum, Bloodlines, even Disco Elysium show it can work just fine.

but most publishers will want to capitalize on the built-in audience of a preexisting, relatively popular IP
That’s a waste of creativity and it rarely works anyway. They should know this by now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom