Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Xelocix

Learned
"Fucking amazing" lmao, Victoria and Arturo sound mediocre at best and that's only because they got that shitty hood rat beaner thing going on. Hazels VA is stiff and doesn't fit the characters edgy DeviantArt appearance at all. He sounds more like some 28 year old white collar dweeb named Daniel. I'll give them credit for trying, but if the creators really want this mod to stand out they should raise funds for better non-volunteer VA's so the entire thing doesn't feel so damn immersion breaking. It's prob too late now though.

Wesp5

Arcane
For a few characters its pretty terrible. The main characters however: Victoria, Hazel, Arturo, etc. sound fucking amazing.

Some of the old characters with new voices sound close enough, but the thing I really didn't like is that some of them were not voiced at all like Nines and Bertram if I remember correctly. They should have been cut, especially as their part in the Sabbat story made no sense in the first place as Jack certainly told them not to fight over the sarcophagus and also because the dark fighting arena was one of the worst new maps anyway! Strauss could have just starved the player to Topor in his magical maze...

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
CQM is cringe the voice acting is horrible.

When compared to Troika's content, yeah, kinda, but when compared to other mods developed by unpaid hobbyists that significantly alter the main plot and narrative by adding a fuckton of extra OC, it's one of the best pieces of work around, for any game.
How about compared to the Antitribu mod?

:troll:

0wca

Learned
For a few characters its pretty terrible. The main characters however: Victoria, Hazel, Arturo, etc. sound fucking amazing.

Some of the old characters with new voices sound close enough, but the thing I really didn't like is that some of them were not voiced at all like Nines and Bertram if I remember correctly. They should have been cut, especially as their part in the Sabbat story made no sense in the first place as Jack certainly told them not to fight over the sarcophagus and also because the dark fighting arena was one of the worst new maps anyway! Strauss could have just starved the player to Topor in his magical maze...

When I talked to burgermeister about that he said he simply couldn't find people willing to do the voices that sounded close enough to the original characters.

Although that bit is only at the end so it's not that annoying I guess.

Wesp5

Arcane

When I talked to burgermeister about that he said he simply couldn't find people willing to do the voices that sounded close enough to the original characters.
He told me the same when I beta-tested this, but as this would have removed a plot hole and weak map as well, I still don't understand why he let it in there.

Semiurge

Cipher
The next nigger who bumps this thread without new information is getting a grenade shoved up their ass.

I have new information.

Okay, here it is

No new information so far.

Rj7ARzi.jpg

:love:

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
BREAKING NEWS!
"Codexers discover that Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 is nothing but a pipe dream,a project which might never be finished and fully deliver on its promises. Therefore, many have opted, instead, to replay the original game, which is infinitely better and the swan song of the gaming company known as Troika".

Vincente

Arbiter

They mostly help other studios make games. They had a hand in Ragnarok and some games from Riot. Also worked on Halo Infinite, Valorant, etc. They're the guys you offload extra/less interesting work to so that the main studio in charge can focus on the important stuff. Using Ragnarok as an example, they built some of the realm maps and a portion of the hub world. Not unusual or all that telling how development of the game is going. Whoever the main studio making the game is will tell us a lot more about how development is going than knowing Valkyrie Entertainment is working on it too.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

They mostly help other studios make games. They had a hand in Ragnarok and some games from Riot. Also worked on Halo Infinite, Valorant, etc. They're the guys you offload extra/less interesting work to so that the main studio in charge can focus on the important stuff. Using Ragnarok as an example, they built some of the realm maps and a portion of the hub world. Not unusual or all that telling how development of the game is going. Whoever the main studio making the game is will tell us a lot more about how development is going than knowing Valkyrie Entertainment is working on it too.

Old news, Valkyrie worked on Hardsuit's iteration, they're not necessarily working on the new one https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...-from-paradox-interactive.126124/post-7643317

The art manager's linkedin (Cameron Kleven) mentions that he only worked on it from March 2018 through Dec 2018.

How many teams do they need to make a fucking video game? lmao
A ton of art is contracted out to other studios these days. Gotta cut costs however you can.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Anyway, the latest TCR newsletter confirms that whatever it is they're working on will definitely be announced by this time next year (unless they get canceled :lol:)

The sun, whenever we are lucky to see it, hangs low over the Sussex skies, winter is well and truly here. The days are getting shorter, but it's still very cozy as the Brighton Lanes have been lit up with seasonal warm lighting. As we're winding up this year, we are giddy with excitement. This time next year - if all goes well - we'll already be reflecting on everyone's reactions to what we are cooking up inside our studio walls. Big projects are being worked on and we're enormously enthusiastic about bringing them to your attention.

Anyway, the latest TCR newsletter confirms that whatever it is they're working on will definitely be announced by this time next year (unless they get canceled :lol:)

The sun, whenever we are lucky to see it, hangs low over the Sussex skies, winter is well and truly here. The days are getting shorter, but it's still very cozy as the Brighton Lanes have been lit up with seasonal warm lighting. As we're winding up this year, we are giddy with excitement. This time next year - if all goes well - we'll already be reflecting on everyone's reactions to what we are cooking up inside our studio walls. Big projects are being worked on and we're enormously enthusiastic about bringing them to your attention.
I get that being pessimistic is a safe bet with this production, but the wording isn't exactly suggesting that they will "announce" a year from now.
It sounds more like a "In a year we'll be looking back at how it went".

RagingNomad

Educated
There are two game's screenshots in The Chinese Room | Meet The Department Ep.2/4 - AUDIO video. Do you know what games is it? Timecode: 2:03. Maybe it's something about Word of Darkness?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Haha, whoops. Always a good idea to take screencaps though in case they go back and edit out the things they weren't supposed to show.
BA45XfF.jpg

I get that being pessimistic is a safe bet with this production, but the wording isn't exactly suggesting that they will "announce" a year from now.
It sounds more like a "In a year we'll be looking back at how it went".
Yeah, despite posting the news here like a month ago I forgot that Wester said that it was "not impossible" it'd be out in 2023. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom