Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Gonna be full woke. Can't understand how anyone can be excited for this.

While I'm not thrilled with the character designs, if that were true, you wouldn't be playing 100 year old Cammies.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

While I'm not thrilled with the character designs, if that were true, you wouldn't be playing 100 year old Cammies.
I feel like that only matters if they are capable of actually writing characters that sound, talk, and act like 100 year old Cammies.

(I'm not saying that the writers here aren't capable... I know nothing about these devs. But recent games from other companies have shown that setting doesn't matter at all if the writer is incapable of separating their work from what they see out their window and on the internet.)

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
(I'm not saying that the writers here aren't capable... I know nothing about these devs. But recent games from other companies have shown that setting doesn't matter at all if the writer is incapable of separating their work from what they see out their window and on the internet.)
For whatever it's worth, The Council (their previous game) is set at the end of the 1700s and the writing is fine.

distant

Learned
Decided to give The Council a shot based on this thread. Pretty early in but it's pretty interesting, the subtle introduction of occult themes (depending on how they pay off) seems like they would be a good fit. Somehow looking forward to this more than 2 atm (more optimistic about it at least).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Concept art from social media:

BTW there was also a devblog on FACEBOOK at the end of July: https://www.facebook.com/notes/vamp...1-say-hello-to-big-bad-wolf/2671759646400635/

DEV Blog #1 - Say Hello To BIG BAD WOLF

Hello, my name is Fabrice Granger, Project Lead at Big Bad Wolf, currently working on Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong. Did you check out ‘The Invitation’ trailer? I hope you’re excited and I’m eager to share more about myself, our studio and what we’re working on.

I started developing video games in 1998 working at Ubisoft, before joining Cyanide in 2000 as a 3D programmer. Cyanide are like family to me, we grew together and had the pleasure of developing all sorts of games. In 2014, myself, Thomas Veauclin and a few others wanted to create story focused games where the player controls the flow of the narrative. This led to the creation of Big Bad Wolf, a studio focused on Narrative RPGs.

116336060_2671761743067092_510433427109465772_o.jpg

You can try the first episode for free on Steam!

Cyanide gave us free reign to experiment with ideas for The Council, a tale of political intrigue, where famous historical figures play cat and mouse with the future of mankind on the line. It was an enlightening experience, we made a lot of mistakes, but found something that really gelled with players. Additionally, we built a strong team dedicated to the creation of Narrative RPGs.

This experience brings us onto our next project, Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong. We’re big fans of the World of Darkness, and feel that the social interactions that make up a core part of Vampire: The Masquerade is a perfect match for the style of gameplay we started with in the Council and we’re levelling it up in Swansong.

We’re a relatively modest team of around 30 people, but this means we’re a really tight knit group, able to communicate between one another without the need for any intermediaries. Usually this is nothing more than a short walk across the office, but since March we’ve been working from home, but we’re trying to keep our work habits, which includes moving our VtM chronicles online.

116341666_2671761423067124_8105382681549712228_o.jpg

Say hello to BIG BAD WOLF

Hopefully this shines a little light on how things work at Big Bad Wolf. We can’t wait for you to step into the world of Vampire: the Masquerade - Swansong. Until then, expect regular updates from the team about what we’re working on.
See you soon.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

I feel like that only matters if they are capable of actually writing characters that sound, talk, and act like 100 year old Cammies.

Though I was initially skeptical, I checked out the lead writer's twitter and yeah, this is going to be lousy, not going to pay attention to it anymore. :M

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry Codex, for the first trailer they went with the protagonist whose haircut you won't like:

They call her a seer, prophet, or harbinger. But Leysha is far more than the titles bestowed upon her. Caught in the middle of a web of complex relationships spinning around her, she wants nothing more than to protect her daughter, no matter the cost.

Swept up in the whirlwind of events following an attack on Boston's Vampiric Society, Leysha is one of the 3 main characters whose actions will define the fate of Boston in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Sorry Codex, for the first trailer they went with the protagonist whose haircut you won't like:

They call her a seer, prophet, or harbinger. But Leysha is far more than the titles bestowed upon her. Caught in the middle of a web of complex relationships spinning around her, she wants nothing more than to protect her daughter, no matter the cost.

Swept up in the whirlwind of events following an attack on Boston's Vampiric Society, Leysha is one of the 3 main characters whose actions will define the fate of Boston in Vampire: The Masquerade - Swansong, coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC and Nintendo Switch.

Thats a man.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected

wow this looks bad. reminds me of some telltale game or life is strange with vampires. not just from the gameplay but from the general mood and atmosphere. they have the perfect example with bloodlines 1 on how to make an atmospheric vampire game but this doesn't feel like it takes place in the same world at all. also epic shit store no thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom