Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Wait what, feeding doesn't leave a body unless you drain the victim, losing humanity along the way.

Vincente

Arbiter
Wait what, feeding doesn't leave a body unless you drain the victim, losing humanity along the way.
IMG_20211123_112732.jpg

IMG_20211123_112723.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

What does it mean to be Toreador? The vampires closest to humanity? It doesn't make you human, far from it. You're a wolf among sheep, and no one wears that fur better than Emem. She's made a name for herself in the music scene, but this is a Diva who knows how to get things done.

Xelocix

Learned
Delay from February to May next year

image.jpg

I swear Paradox is never going to learn that hiring soyfaced bugmen and transgender landwhales with no talent or experience making games is a bad business decision. Have fun burning thousands of dollars running around in circles for an extra year wondering why your woke vampire games are 2% complete when you pour all of your budget into making anything in the VTM franchise a political commentary on why orange man is bad and being a racemixer is the next best thing since sliced bread.

:retarded:

Harthwain

Magister
I swear Paradox is never going to learn that hiring soyfaced bugmen and transgender landwhales with no talent or experience making games is a bad business decision.
?

Aren't these guys responsible for The Council? Was it also filled with "soyfaced bugmen and transgender landwhales with no talent or experience making games"? Or did you get the games/developers mixed up?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I swear Paradox is never going to learn that hiring soyfaced bugmen and transgender landwhales with no talent or experience making games is a bad business decision.
?
Aren't these guys responsible for The Council? Was it also filled with "soyfaced bugmen and transgender landwhales with no talent or experience making games"? Or did you get the games/developers mixed up?
Yep. Bro's title is "Educated" but he doesn't know who the fuck he's talking about. He just wakes up in the morning and it's

:liberals:

Xelocix

Learned
?

The Council was shit, only the first half was passable as being alright. I'm talking about the rest of the hacks Paradox has hired for their other projects too.

Bro's title is "Educated" but he doesn't know who the fuck he's talking about. He just wakes up in the morning and it's

:liberals:

Go find literally any writer for a VTM game Paradox has in development and just browse their twitter account for 5 minutes. Better yet, go actually play one of the interactive novels they've somehow managed to publish successfully. Look into VTM V5. Fuck, just watch the Emem trailer for this game. If you actually looked at the trends of the path Paradox has put VTM on maybe you wouldn't call me crazy. Paradox and their lackies are woke so their shitty franchise is broke. This announcement just proves it even more.

Look at these fags and tell me you expect a good end product.

7WQzDCol.jpg

Xelocix

Learned
Well shit, you've sold me. I take everything back. This game is going to be god-tier and all of the patterns and similarities this game has with every other VTM title being published under Paradox are pure coincidence. Thanks for helping me see the light. :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well shit, you've sold me. I take everything back. This game is going to be god-tier and all of the patterns and similarities this game has with every other VTM title being published under Paradox are pure coincidence. Thanks for helping me see the light. :)

I'm just saying this isn't like Bloodlines 2 where Paradox are directly in charge of the game's development. They're just licensing out the World of Darkness to Nacon.

Anyway as I recall in the second half of The Council you learn that liberal democracy is literally a demonic conspiracy, so I guess we'll see re: wokeness. :P

Zombra

Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Go find literally any writer for a VTM game Paradox has in development and just browse their twitter account for 5 minutes.
Okay.

I just read three different interviews for Council lead writer and Swansong creative director Thomas Veauclin (he doesn't seem to even have a Twitter account). No mention of politics, inclusiveness, or any other hot button topics, just game design.

Facts sorta take the fun out of frothing generalizations, don't they?

Zombra

Patron
Fuck, just watch the Emem trailer for this game.
Uh ..... okay. I just watched it. A vampire pretends to be scared but then eats the guy who was going to assault her. What exactly is the problem? The very existence of a black character in Boston? Because if that's all it takes for you to start crying, I have bad news for you.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The Council wasn't woke. Everything in it is just batshit French crazy. Like George Washington just slipping away to take a few days of vacation in France when no American president ever left the country until over a century later. I know Foucalt post-commie shit when I see it and I know French weirdness when I see it. That game was definitely the latter.

They really should have had Lafayette at least make a cameo because him and Washington were bros for life.

V_K

Arcane
This announcement just proves it even more.
What? The announcement that a game is delayed two months constitutes proof of a radical liberal agenda? :lol:
Of course! What else could it be? Everyone knows that agenda-free games are always released on time and never have any bugs in them.
Why do you think politics is said to have ruined gaming? Because it makes games buggy, delayed and sometimes even cancelled before release.

Xelocix

Learned
Fuck, just watch the Emem trailer for this game.
Uh ..... okay. I just watched it. A vampire pretends to be scared but then eats the guy who was going to assault her. What exactly is the problem? The very existence of a black character in Boston? Because if that's all it takes for you to start crying, I have bad news for you.

Is this bait? If this trailer was about a blonde straight white woman running from a black man chasing her through dark alleys, concluded by her killing him before he can rape or do the same thing to her, the public outcry would be insane. But since everybody knows whitey tries to rape/kill strong independent black women like this all the time the trailer is "cool" and acceptable. This trailer is only the way it is to garner clout with all the eunuchs obsessed with this franchise now.

This announcement just proves it even more.
What? The announcement that a game is delayed two months constitutes proof of a radical liberal agenda? :lol:

No, but look at Bloodlines 2. They launched a massive ad campaign and almost released the game before realizing it wasn't finished and they wasted all their time making sure the game was PC and written for toddlers. If that's truly not the case then its because nobody has any idea wtf theyre doing in the gameplay department, again like BL2 (and Bloodhunt).

Go find literally any writer for a VTM game Paradox has in development and just browse their twitter account for 5 minutes.
Okay.

I just read three different interviews for Council lead writer and Swansong creative director Thomas Veauclin (he doesn't seem to even have a Twitter account). No mention of politics, inclusiveness, or any other hot button topics, just game design.

Facts sorta take the fun out of frothing generalizations, don't they?

Even Cara fucking Elison barely hinted at BL2 being woke in the interviews she gave, only slipping in little hints and nods until the info that the game would have trigger warnings dropped. Looking for information on a game like this being woke in your average corporate interview is the wrong place to look.

Zombra

Patron
If this trailer was about a blonde straight white woman running from a black man chasing her through dark alleys, concluded by her killing him before he can rape or do the same thing to her, the public outcry would be insane.
Ahhh, I see. It's the old "I don't have a problem with this, but if things were somewhat different then I predict other people would have a problem with it, so now I have a huge problem with it." Way to go.

No, but look at Bloodlines 2. They launched a massive ad campaign and almost released the game before realizing it wasn't finished and they wasted all their time making sure the game was PC and written for toddlers. If that's truly not the case then its because nobody has any idea wtf theyre doing in the gameplay department, again like BL2 (and Bloodhunt).
Either that or, you know, there are normal delays like with all video games ever made. Like that famous liberal clown Dan Vávra, his game got delayed several times, revealing his many secrets; despite his very outspoken politics to the contrary he must be a lefty.

Even Cara fucking Elison barely hinted at BL2 being woke in the interviews she gave, only slipping in little hints and nods until the info that the game would have trigger warnings dropped. Looking for information on a game like this being woke in your average corporate interview is the wrong place to look.
Again: I see. So this super obvious evidence you claim is everywhere is actually secret dog whistles that only you can interpret. Please enlighten us all further with your homemade liberal-detecting antenna.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Does seduction play a large role in this? It fits the theme and the developers very well, and I say that as someone who hates "romance" in games. Yet, their dialogue mechanics combined with vampire aesthetic seems like a rare opportunity to make seduction have an actual gameplay mechanism while being tonally appropriate.

Apologies if this was already discussed, i'm not following the thread closely.

BruceVC

Magister

image.jpg

I am not surprised by this announcement and I am fine with it because I love the entire Vampire game world and I really want to play another RPG like Bloodlines
But a game like this is a massive undertaking and Paradox initially contracted Hardsuit to be the developers and recently they were fired which could have ended this project but then they found a new company who is going to complete the game despite what Hardsuit had broken
So to be fair to Paradox this delay is not unreasonable because the new company needs the extra time because it sets the deadline based on what they need to do

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

image.jpg

I am not surprised by this announcement and I am fine with it because I love the entire Vampire game world and I really want to play another RPG like Bloodlines
But a game like this is a massive undertaking and Paradox initially contracted Hardsuit to be the developers and recently they were fired which could have ended this project but then they found a new company who is going to complete the game despite what Hardsuit had broken
So to be fair to Paradox this delay is not unreasonable because the new company needs the extra time because it sets the deadline based on what they need to do

This isn't Bloodlines 2, it's another Vampire: The Masquerade game.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron

image.jpg

we should give them numbers, like 2.1, 2.2 and so on

BruceVC

Magister

image.jpg

Yes you right, I didnt mean exactly like Bloodlines. I meant the Vampire games that Paradox is working on. I am looking forward to it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom