Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong - narrative RPG from The Council devs - now on Steam

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://vampire-swansong.com

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/vampire-the-masquerade-swansong/home

More info at Gamescom: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...GBEN-WEEK-WITH-A-STRING-OF-ANNOUNCEMENTS.html

GREAT PROJECTS IN THE WORKS

After a first foray into the World of Darkness universe with Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Earthblood, BIGBEN is proud to announce that its partnership with Paradox will be extended and that a game under the Vampire: The Masquerade licence is in development. Developed by Big Bad Wolf, creators of the episodic adventure game The Council, the game aims to define a new genre: the narrative RPG, inspired by the rules of the tabletop RPG. The studio will share more information at Gamescom in August.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://wccftech.com/brand-new-vampire-the-masquerade-rpg/

At the Bigben Interactive event today in Paris it was announced that Big Bad Wolf, the developers of The Council, have been working on a new narrative-driven RPG set in the world of Vampire: The Masquerade. This isn’t linked to the aforementioned Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2, though it is set in the same world and will feature the things you would expect it to.

The information revealed so far is very limited and understandably so as the game has only been in production for three to four months. What has been said is that unlike The Council, Vampire: The Masquerade will not be an episodic game. It will be a full, large, RPG featuring a large narrative, with branching dialogues and everything you could expect from a Vampire: The Masquerade. All of the clans, the disciplines, they’ll all make their way in and work within the rules of the traditional tabletop RPG.

The only other thing that was said is that we won’t see this Vampire: The Masquerade for at least two years. All we can hope is that it will be the grand sort of RPG that really suits the license. I would say, following The Council, Big Bad Wolf should at least deliver on the dialogue options and variety. As for the rest, let’s wait and see.

Kaivokz

Arcane
was the council good?
The story was batshit insane.

George Washington: I had no knowledge of that girl using laudanum! How could you accuse of me something so ridiculous?!
MC: You have a lot of laudanum for your own personal use, yes?
George: Yes. That girl came over looking for some this morning and I gave her a bottle.

The conversation ends with no mention of the contradiction.

Manuel Godoy: We will cede most of our land in the Americans to you, George.
George: Thanks.
Godoy: BUT WE ARE VERY ANGRY AND DECLARE WAR!
George: Oh, but do we still get the land?
Godoy: Yeah, sure.

Not to mention George saying that a certain someone helped him run his first presidential campaign (???!) for election.

I chose non-story spoilers on purpose but the rest of the story is insane too.

The animations are sometimes janky (watch for Louis’ angry eyebrows and Emily’s 1000
mile stare) but the models and textures are good.

Still pretty fun in a wacky way, for all its faults.

NullFlow

Savant
WoD having a mini-revival in the video game world which is neat. I'd like to see future games branch off from vampires though.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Ehm, what?
I thought Paradox owned the IP. Did they license it to Big Ben or something?

Anyway. [Cynical hat] So much potential to fuck things up!

V_K

Arcane
Is that code for a No Truce-like?
I'm pretty sure they should now be called Council-likes since that one released (by far) first.
Wtf is a "Narrative RPG"? nRPG? wut
Think AoD talker playthrough, only better designed, with some resource management and figuring out the opponents' strengths/weaknesses. Oh, and I'm not sure about the new game, but Council had a few proper puzzles.
VtM is just the perfect setting for The Council-style gameplay and storytelling. Yes, even the batshit insane parts. Especially those.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Big Bad Wolf website updated: http://www.bigbadwolf-studio.com/

After THE COUNCIL, we are proud to announce working on
a NEW NARRATIVE RPG based on the licence:

VampireMasqueradeV5Logo_White.png

In partnership with WHITE WOLF and PARADOX Interactive, BIGBEN Interactive is proud to announce that we are working hard on our next NARRATIVE RPG on the license "VAMPIRE: The Masquerade" V.5

It will bleed!…
InTheHeartOfTheCity

DeepOcean

Arcane
This could be good, if they actually add interesting gameplay to social interaction, it could work well, just hope they don't weasel out on incorporating the pnp RPG like the last Call of Cthulhu game. You can make a good social interaction game without dumbing everything down into walking simulator levels.

J1M

Arcane
They talk about that Werewolf game like it has already been released. Not very nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom