Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1eyedking Vampire: The Masquerade - goth cringe or Christian apologetic?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
cRPGs were made as a poor substitute for tabletop. A computer game will never, EVER compare. Let the friendless abortions seethe.
And a PnP RPG will never, EVER compare to the complexity and scale a CPRG can achieve
Name one CRPG more complex than FATAL. And roll for anal circumference!!!
That's only true if you put the most banal interpretation into complexity and scale.

e.g. omg Daggerfall is yuge!

I need no examples
My statement is pretty easy to understand

Humans suck at math
Computers on the other hand are pretty good at it

Ergo, CRPG's can have both a higher number of systems/simulations and also a much higher degree of complexity - traits that would be either cumbersome or straight up impossible in a PnP setting

Further more, this expanded capacity and memory means that CPRG's campaigns can be much more elaborate than any GM can come up with
No PnP session can ever be as elaborate as the campaign in something like Deus Ex or The Witcher, because no GM can track some many elements consistently and effectively
You'll never find the same level of detail in a PnP campgain as you would in Morrowind's world

Last edited:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
You kept moving to a different subject because you're an intellectual coward and afraid to debate someone more knowledgeable then you.

No, you din't posted evidences that in breeding in the past would't lead to the same problems that we have now hence a family creating hundreds of distinct ethinic groups, sub saharan africans, Fuegians, Nordic people, Japanese people in few generations a 600 yo man and his family created this high amount of genetic diversity. That goes against everything that we know about genetics.

And as I've said, if the Genesis was truth, it would be the unique and absolute truth in every culture since every culture would know the real origin of humankind. Christianity would't be a Jew sect who got popularized among the lowest of Roman society and then got imposed into everyone. In fact, a holy book written by a omnipotent being would be clear as possible, not with so many contradictions that not even Christians agrees in themselves in the most fundamental aspects of their believes? Why a supposed omnipotent deity can't be clear in his/her supposed message? Why let his followers kill themselves over religious war over their interpretation of his supposed word?

I did which is genetics. You didn't like the answer so you moved on. You make the claim that it goes against everything we know about genetics yet you produced nothing to verify your statement. Now to shut down your idiocy, genetics was started by Louis Pasteur and Gregor Mendel. Both of them devout Christians. We've already established that genetics proves that Genesis and the flood happened as we come from one of three mothers in mitochondrial DNA. You didn't disprove that.

You present the No True Scotsman fallacy. Since it's a fallacy I reject it. Come up with an actual argument princess.

The old the Bible has contradictions argument which is a strawman since you cherry pick sections you believe that contradict another. That's a fallacy and I reject it. Also, you have yet to present any facts to back up your opinion. Put up or shut up atheistard.

There we go with the rejection of free will. You claim that it doesn't exist. Prove it by showing that everyone believes the exact same thing. You can't because it exists. It's hilarious since you are saying that free will would cause everyone to believe the exact same thing when it's the opposite. I think you were dropped as a baby and are mentally retarded since it's backwards.

It's hilarious that you try to argue against free will when science has determined it exists and did so through brain scans.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2019/09/free-will-bereitschaftspotential/597736/

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Why do you think God isn't bound by the laws he created? That would make him a lawbreaker and a sinner.

Part of the belief system is that God is, by definition, infallible. The rules are for people, not Him.

He follows his own laws as evidenced by everything in scripture. Thus, him being infallible extends to him following his own laws as he is perfect. Only an imperfect person will break their own laws. ;)

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Faith isn't some piece of cloth that you put on or discard. It goes beyond ideology. Now I'm curious. Did you ever attend those Sunday Church lessons?
Meredoth is right. Can you choose not to believe? Can you choose to stop believing? Either you do or you not
> Can you choose not to believe?
You're going to be praying to something when death rears its ugly head. That despair which takes hold of your very being when met with the prospect of dying, is a rather frighting experience. It changes a man; whether for the better or worst.

It doesn't matter where you grew up. Or what religious institution you follow. You'll be making prayers and amends to whomever can hear them. It's not about if one religion holds more truth than the other. It's the lessons of faith that they endow upon you. Faith is a strong tool. It helps you during moments of intense tribulations.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
> Can you choose not to believe?
You're going to be praying to something when death rears its ugly head. That despair which takes hold of your very being when met with the prospect of dying, is a rather frighting experience. It changes a man; whether for the better or worst.
Nah. I was close to death a couple of times - one wrong step and I was done.

The only thought in my head was "this is definitely a silly way to die, mate"

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Haha. I nearly died three or so times - memory is kinda foggy though. I remember during my bone marrow transplant. Got an infection and doctors freaked out. Nearly had my penis chopped. It had a big nasty infection growing on it. Thank god that didn't happen. The other two times though were my fault. I couldn't take the medicines anymore. The pills were making me throw up. Then I got shingles because of that. Had to stay at the hospital for weeks or so.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
genetics was started by Louis Pasteur and Gregor Mendel. Both of them devout Christians. We've already established that genetics proves that Genesis and the flood happened as we come from one of three mothers in mitochondrial DNA. You didn't disprove that.

No, very wrong. This two guys are Christians but most Christians don't take the bible literally. And look how you act, a scientist uses the "eve" name poetic = proof of Adan and Eve. Every method to date the Earth shows that young earth creationism is BS = Must be a conspiration. you still din't shown any evidence that the genetics in the previous generations are different and in breeding would't be that bad as is today.

Most Christians don't take the Bible literally According to the poll, only three in 10 Americans interpret the Bible literally considering it to be the actual Word of God. https://www.christianmessenger.in/most-americans-dont-take-the-bible-literally-gallup-poll/

Being a Christian and being a young earth flat earth creationist is two different things.

You claim that it doesn't exist. Prove it by showing that everyone believes the exact same thing.

No, that is very nonsensical. My point is that our believes is not our choices. Is a result of a lot of factors, in our genes, in our culture, in the people who we meet and so on. Even apologetic preachers, they try to give reasons and makes their faith more rational to convince people. They don't rely on people choosing to believe.

Faith is a strong tool. It helps you during moments of intense tribulations.

I strongly agree. However, my problem with desert religions is that contrary to paganism, Buddhism and other religions who grew up in a more organic way, this desert religions spread mostly using the force. And now, the equality cult is bringing a new dark age to the world, where critical thinking and evolution will be held back for the sake of the pseudo equality.

exhuman

Novice
We've already established that genetics proves that Genesis and the flood happened as we come from one of three mothers in mitochondrial DNA
Damn, when did we establish that? Must have not paid attention to biology class...
If by any chance you are referring to Mitochondrial Eve, then may I suggest you take a better look at the appropriately titled section?
I guess scientists in the 80s didn't really believe that future generations could breed so blatantly moronic individuals, who would interpret the name in its literal biblical sense...

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
genetics was started by Louis Pasteur and Gregor Mendel. Both of them devout Christians. We've already established that genetics proves that Genesis and the flood happened as we come from one of three mothers in mitochondrial DNA. You didn't disprove that.

No, very wrong. This two guys are Christians but most Christians don't take the bible literally. And look how you act, a scientist uses the "eve" name poetic = proof of Adan and Eve. Every method to date the Earth shows that young earth creationism is BS = Must be a conspiration. you still din't shown any evidence that the genetics in the previous generations are different and in breeding would't be that bad as is today.

Most Christians don't take the Bible literally According to the poll, only three in 10 Americans interpret the Bible literally considering it to be the actual Word of God. https://www.christianmessenger.in/most-americans-dont-take-the-bible-literally-gallup-poll/

Being a Christian and being a young earth flat earth creationist is two different things.

You claim that it doesn't exist. Prove it by showing that everyone believes the exact same thing.

No, that is very nonsensical. My point is that our believes is not our choices. Is a result of a lot of factors, in our genes, in our culture, in the people who we meet and so on. Even apologetic preachers, they try to give reasons and makes their faith more rational to convince people. They don't rely on people choosing to believe.

Faith is a strong tool. It helps you during moments of intense tribulations.

I strongly agree. However, my problem with desert religions is that contrary to paganism, Buddhism and other religions who grew up in a more organic way, this desert religions spread mostly using the force. And now, the equality cult is bringing a new dark age to the world, where critical thinking and evolution will be held back for the sake of the pseudo equality.

1. We're not talking about taking the Bible literally now are we? This is you creating a strawman. Move along princess and answer the point directly concerning the three haplogroups for mitochondrial DNA. You still haven't replied to the fact that all men share the same basic Y chromosome. That's only possible due to their being one originator.

2. Article written in 2011 that doesn't contain the link to the poll you cited. Since it's a Gallup Poll I can guarantee you that it was a small sample size and misleading questions that makes it statistically irrelevant. Try again princess.

3. We're not talkin about being a Christian, flat earth, and creationism. This is another strawman because scripture describes a spherical universe and world in Psalms 19 written by King David in 1015 BC. You can't win against the points I made so you keep creating strawman in a hope to win.

Why are you ignoring Jews since Christianity is a sect of Judaism?

I stated specifically that old earth hypothesis picked up steam in the late 19th century.

Nevertheless, by the late 19th century the geologists included here had reached a consensus for the age of the earth of around 100 million years. Having come that far, they were initially quite reluctant to accept a further expansion of the geologic timescale by a factor of 10 or more. And we should resist the temptation to blame them for their resistance. Radioactivity was poorly understood. Different methods of measurement (such as the decay of uranium to helium versus its decay to lead) sometimes gave discordant values, and almost a decade passed between the first use of radiometric dating and the discovery of isotopes, let alone the working out of the three separate major decay chains in nature. The constancy of radioactive decay rates was regarded as an independent and questionable assumption because it was not known—and could not be known until the development of modern quantum mechanics—that these rates were fixed by the fundamental constants of physics.

It was not until 1926, when (under the influence of Arthur Holmes, whose name recurs throughout this story) the National Academy of Sciences adopted the radiometric timescale, that we can regard the controversy as finally resolved. Critical to this resolution were improved methods of dating, which incorporated advances in mass spectrometry, sampling and laser heating. The resulting knowledge has led to the current understanding that the earth is 4.55 billion years old.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-science-figured-out-the-age-of-the-earth/

In 1945, Libby moved to the University of Chicago, where he began his work on radiocarbon dating. He published a paper in 1946 in which he proposed that the carbon in living matter might include 14
C as well as non-radioactive carbon.[5][6] Libby and several collaborators proceeded to experiment with methane collected from sewage works in Baltimore, and after isotopically enriching their samples they were able to demonstrate that they contained 14
C. By contrast, methane created from petroleum showed no radiocarbon activity because of its age. The results were summarized in a paper in Science in 1947, in which the authors commented that their results implied it would be possible to date materials containing carbon of organic origin.[5][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocarbon_dating

So far over 6,000 years the only thing science taught was young earth and was the default standard. In the 19th century the hypothesis of an old earth sprang up and wasn't "confirmed" until 1947 using formulas that had baked in the millions and billions of years old into it.

4. Our beliefs impact our choices as we make our decisions from them. You haven't disproven that free will doesn't exist. In fact, your arguments show that you don't understand what you're talking about as they are for free will. If there isn't free will then you think identically to what everyone else does. You cannot have a divergent thought as we are a hive mind at that point.

5. Do you know the history of Abraham? Of course not since you're an ignorant savage on pretty much everything. Abraham was Chaldean as he was from the city of Ur. He was a scientist, mathematician, and astronomer. He came to his conclusion of there only being one god was due to his observations of the universe and concluded that the planets etc... were all ordered by a single deity. That ran contrary to the teaching of Chaldeans who believed that every god had their own planet and moon which operated independently of each other. The Chaldean priests were mighty upset with Abraham and would have killed him if he hadn't fled. That's why Abraham was chosen by Yahweh and told him to flee Ur.

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
And a PnP RPG will never, EVER compare to the complexity and scale a CPRG can achieve

That's only true if you put the most banal interpretation into complexity and scale.

You think a typical settlement in PnP session has any more depth than an average village of Stokford End and its inhabitants in Daggerfall?

In the most common scenario it literally doesn't exist until players force the poor DM to improvise some shit on the fly while secretly seething "holy shit, they weren't even supposed to head in this direction, let alone explore this stupid village I just made up 5 minutes ago".

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

You think a typical settlement in PnP session has any more depth than an average village of Stokford End and its inhabitants in Daggerfall?

In the most common scenario it literally doesn't exist until players force the poor DM to improvise some shit on the fly while secretly seething "holy shit, they weren't even supposed to head in this direction, let alone explore this stupid village I just made up 5 minutes ago".

Sorry to disagree with ya bud, but he's right. In a cRPG you are limited to what you can do by what the programmers programmed into it. With PnP you can literally do anything and go anywhere. You can control your character exactly how you want. That is depth.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This is you creating a strawman.

No, is not. A single family in few dozens of generations would not generate the human diversity that we have and will only generate genetic defects. You din't showed any evidence that incest in past would have different results in the past.

Since it's a Gallup Poll I can guarantee you that it was a small sample size and misleading questions that makes it statistically irrelevant. Try again princess.

I posted a christian site. The biggest christian denomination is the Catholicism and they aren't "solo scriptura".

his is another strawman because scripture describes a spherical universe and world in Psalms 19 written by King David in 1015 BC

bZinoVx.png

A lot of myths from the bible assumes a flat earth. That includes the Babel tower, Joshua stopping the sun and so on.

. If there isn't free will then you think identically to what everyone else does

Wrong. If there is no free will, I will think accordingly to a lot of factors, like my genes, my culture, my experiences(...) My point is that nobody can chose to love or hate X or Y nor can chose to believe in the book A or the book B, people will believe in A or B by a lot of reasons. The point is, we can't choose our genes, culture and etc. Just like our haircolor is written in our genes, much of our desires and "will" is written in our genes. Humans do have a will but not a "free" will.

Some people even become criminals after suffering brain damage. Can they chose to not have the personality changed? https://www.businessinsider.com/brain-damage-can-turn-people-into-criminals-2018-2?op=1

history of Abraham? Of course not since you're an ignorant savage on pretty much everything. Abraham was Chaldean as he was from the city of Ur. He was a scientist, mathematician, and astronomer. He came to his conclusion of their only being one god was due to his observations of the universe and concluded that the planets etc... were all ordered by a single deity.

Abraham, the guy who got tested by a omniscient deity who knows that he would sacrifice his son anyway but tested him by no good reason? And the unvierse is not ordered. The unique is pure chaos. And please, don't confuse chaos with randomness. The ancient norse creation myth makes way more sense than anything else.

-----------------------

Back to RPGs

Sorry to disagree with ya bud, but he's right. In a cRPG you are limited to what you can do by what the programmers programmed into it. With PnP you can literally do anything and go anywhere. You can control your character exactly how you want. That is depth.

This I strongly agree. Unless someone code a amazing AI, P&P RPG will give much more freedom than any CRPG.

Jason Liang

Arcane

No, is not. A single family in few dozens of generations would not generate the human diversity that we have and will only generate genetic defects. You din't showed any evidence that incest in past would have different results in the past.

Since it's a Gallup Poll I can guarantee you that it was a small sample size and misleading questions that makes it statistically irrelevant. Try again princess.

I posted a christian site. The biggest christian denomination is the Catholicism and they aren't "solo scriptura".

his is another strawman because scripture describes a spherical universe and world in Psalms 19 written by King David in 1015 BC

bZinoVx.png

A lot of myths from the bible assumes a flat earth. That includes the Babel tower, Joshua stopping the sun and so on.

. If there isn't free will then you think identically to what everyone else does

Wrong. If there is no free will, I will think accordingly to a lot of factors, like my genes, my culture, my experiences(...) My point is that nobody can chose to love or hate X or Y nor can chose to believe in the book A or the book B, people will believe in A or B by a lot of reasons. The point is, we can't choose our genes, culture and etc. Just like our haircolor is written in our genes, much of our desires and "will" is written in our genes. Humans do have a will but not a "free" will.

Some people even become criminals after suffering brain damage. Can they chose to not have the personality changed? https://www.businessinsider.com/brain-damage-can-turn-people-into-criminals-2018-2?op=1

history of Abraham? Of course not since you're an ignorant savage on pretty much everything. Abraham was Chaldean as he was from the city of Ur. He was a scientist, mathematician, and astronomer. He came to his conclusion of their only being one god was due to his observations of the universe and concluded that the planets etc... were all ordered by a single deity.

Abraham, the guy who got tested by a omniscient deity who knows that he would sacrifice his son anyway but tested him by no good reason? And the unvierse is not ordered. The unique is pure chaos. And please, don't confuse chaos with randomness. The ancient norse creation myth makes way more sense than anything else.

-----------------------

Back to RPGs

This I strongly agree. Unless someone code a amazing AI, P&P RPG will give much more freedom than any CRPG.
janjetina Deja vu, no?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Wrong. If there is no free will, I will think accordingly to a lot of factors, like my genes, my culture, my experiences(...) My point is that nobody can chose to believe love X or A, nor can chose to believe in the book A or the book B, people will believe in A or B by a lot of reasons. The point is, we can't choose our genes, culture and etc. Just like our haircolor is written in our genes, much of our desires and "will" is written in our genes. Humans do have a will but not a "free" will.

-----------------------

Back to RPGs

1. Your opinion is not fact. Put up the proof that I'm wrong. You can't so you just sit here and argue for the sake of arguing.

2. You posted nothing with a link to nothing. Try again.

3. A globe is a circle and a sphere. There goes the entire circle false reading.

Isaiah 40:22 in the full scripture.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

As stated above a globe is both a sphere and a circle. I noticed your infographic is completely erroneous in how it misuses the scripture. If you notice that it says, "He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in." It's says like as in a comparison not that it is. Do we not live under the canopy of the stars on a globe that is circular? Photographs from space says this to be true. It also misrepresents that the scripture is talking about a flat map not a sphere or a globe. So in order for your retardation to be true is to believe that ancient people did not have knowledge of astronomy and confused astronomy with map making to create a flat earth. I hate to tell you this, but flat earth was never a dogmatic view in any of the ancient people's. JarlFrank can fill you in on it since he's a pagan and an historian of ancient Middle Eastern people.

Isaiah 11:12

He will raise a banner for the nations
and gather the exiles of Israel;
he will assemble the scattered people of Judah
from the four quarters of the earth.

It says quarters and the earth has been sectioned off on maps into quarters. Another strawman and misconstruction. So far your entire infographic is false and complete misconstruction of what scripture says.

Job 38:2

“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

He's referring to creation of the universe as foundation means founded.

Job 9:6

He shakes the earth from its place
and makes its pillars tremble.

This means the ground and not literal pillars you idiot. Does the earth have earthquakes that shake the earth? Why of course it does. If you really want to get technical it's the tectonic plates that do the moving and causing of earthquakes. They are technically pillars as the ground rides on them and keep it separated from the molten core of the earth.

Here's Psalm 19 for ya.

1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.
4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens God has pitched a tent for the sun.
5 It is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is deprived of its warmth.

That's a description of a spherical universe.

Your entire premise is based upon the belief that ancient people's were ignorant savages that couldn't do anything because of severe retardation in order to bolster modern man's accomplishments higher. This is incorrect as the historical evidence shows that ancient peoples were equally as smart and had developed such systems as astronomy, advanced mathematics that we can't understand today, etc...

4. You just described free will you idiot. Genetics doesn't work like that retard. All the genetics do is handle how your body is assembled and maintains it. The rest is entirely up to your choice. Yes, even brain damaged morons like you choose how you want to act. Are you saying that you're no better then a dog? If so then let's kill you as your life is meaningless. Personally, I believe you don't have the foggiest idea on what you're talking about.

5. Misusing of Abraham's faith and testing. You miss the entire point of the lesson which is to respect God and give everything to him. The test was to prove Abraham worthy of being the father of a nation.

Prove that universe doesn't have order. Show me the planets of the solar system that do not operate in an ordered manner and circle in their orbits regularly.

The old "chaos exists so nothing can be explained" bullshit. There are laws of the universe and we have to follow them. That's the entire purpose of science which is to discover them and test them. Chaos theory erupted because a group of physicists got lazy and tired of working for what they had trained to do.

You're an ignorant person and you willfully want to remain ignorant. You pull things out of your ass and create strawmen because you know that you're wrong. You are debating in poor faith.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
1. Your opinion is not fac

Yep. That a single family can't in 5000 years produce all ethnic diversity that we have in our world is just my opinion. And that incest would produce defects too /sarcasm

Yep. Only your links has credibility. Even when I quote a creationist site, it doesn't count /sarcasm

The rest is entirely up to your choice. Yes, even brain damaged morons like you choose how you want to act. Are you saying that you're no better then a dog?

No, even a very dumb human has way higher intelligence than a dog. But what the human believes it NOT his choice.

o respect God and give everything to him. The test was to prove Abraham worthy of being the father of a nation.

Wasn't god supposedly omnipotent and omniscient? Why test anyone?

Show me the planets of the solar system that do not operate in an ordered manner and circle in their orbits regularly.

That is not "order", in fact the movements of planets is very chaotic. Chaotic is not random. "Chaos theory is an interdisciplinary theory and branch of mathematics focusing on the study of chaos...) constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.[3] The butterfly effect, an underlying principle of chaos, describes how a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state(...) especially when observing asteroids, applying chaos theory leads to better predictions about when these objects will approach Earth and other planets" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

Saduj

Arcane
Why do you think God isn't bound by the laws he created? That would make him a lawbreaker and a sinner.

Part of the belief system is that God is, by definition, infallible. The rules are for people, not Him.

He follows his own laws as evidenced by everything in scripture. Thus, him being infallible extends to him following his own laws as he is perfect. Only an imperfect person will break their own laws. ;)

Not a person and does not follow his own “laws” in scripture. Old Testament God routinely kills. The 10 Commandments are for us only. And both Old and New Testament God/Jesus routinely perform miracles that violate natural laws.

I get that you may not think that makes for an interesting fantasy setting. But a core part of the belief system is that God is above all and not limited by anything.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Not a person and does not follow his own “laws” in scripture. Old Testament God routinely kills. The 10 Commandments are for us only. And both Old and New Testament God/Jesus routinely perform miracles that violate natural laws.

I get that you may not think that makes for an interesting fantasy setting. But a core part of the belief system is that God is above all and not limited by anything.

He only kills people that break his laws. The 10 commandments are for Israelites only as they are part of Mosaic Law. If you're not a Jew then you are either under the Noachide or Messianic laws.

Oh yes raising the dead is so impossible now like using defibrillators. :roll:

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
1. Your opinion is not fac

Yep. That a single family can't in 5000 years produce all ethnic diversity that we have in our world is just my opinion. And that incest would produce defects too /sarcasm

Yep. Only your links has credibility. Even when I quote a creationist site, it doesn't count /sarcasm

The rest is entirely up to your choice. Yes, even brain damaged morons like you choose how you want to act. Are you saying that you're no better then a dog?

No, even a very dumb human has way higher intelligence than a dog. But what the human believes it NOT his choice.

o respect God and give everything to him. The test was to prove Abraham worthy of being the father of a nation.

Wasn't god supposedly omnipotent and omniscient? Why test anyone?

Show me the planets of the solar system that do not operate in an ordered manner and circle in their orbits regularly.

That is not "order", in fact the movements of planets is very chaotic. Chaotic is not random. "Chaos theory is an interdisciplinary theory and branch of mathematics focusing on the study of chaos...) constant feedback loops, repetition, self-similarity, fractals, and self-organization.[3] The butterfly effect, an underlying principle of chaos, describes how a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state(...) especially when observing asteroids, applying chaos theory leads to better predictions about when these objects will approach Earth and other planets" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory

1. There you go with making another strawman. The question never was about that, but if you insist there is such a thing as adaption. It's a proven phenomena.

2. Yes, because my links have sources and yours don't. You really are the epitome of stupidity.

3. Yes, you choose to believe what you want while a dog lacks the intelligence to believe anything.

4. You're questioning God, but ignore the human in the equation and his free will. Funny how that works out. God sees and knows all, but he leaves it to you to make the choice on what actions to pursue.

5. You failed to prove the existence of chaos theory. You failed like in everything in this thread. You also ignore Newton's laws of physics that everything has an action and an equal and opposite reaction. There is no chaos to it.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Sure PnP RPG's give the player unlimited freedom of action, but ironically that's limited by a game systems that can't deal with complex systems/simulations and the fact that the "setting" you perform those actions in, will always be vague not only to support that freedom, but also because (like mondblut said) GM's just can't "design" scenarios with much detail

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

I don't know what passes for "typical" in your world, but yes of course and suggesting otherwise is patently stupid.

Or you have a garbage DM.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

I don't know what passes for "typical" in your world, but yes of course and suggesting otherwise is patently stupid.

Or you have a garbage DM.

Exactly. Any half-decent GM will have prepared a village draft to be utilised in exactly this situation. Plus, computers cannot hope to match a human's ability to improvise details. Maybe someday someone will create randomisation scripts that do not return abysmal garbage, but as of today, this day has not come yet.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Plus, computers cannot hope to match a human's ability to improvise details.

Well this information might shock you, but... levels in a CRPG are designed by humans... not computers

And with computers, the "GM" can include audiovisual details, along with many other things he couldn't in the PnP session
Things like complex simulations and the ability to remember huge amounts of data perfectly
When you consider all those important elements, it becomes easy to see how PnP RPG's can never compete with CRPG in scale and complexity

So no, unless they wrote a book, GM's can't even come up with something as detailed as Seyda Neen during a session
Let alone something as colossal as the Iliac Bay

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom