Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware: Thy Name is Dragon Age!

Keldorn

Scholar
Ever notice how difficult it is to trust the mouthpieces of the bloated corporate swines (EA, Bethsoft, Etc) ?

Many in the Bioware forums predicted that ruthless EA corporatism would have a negative effect on Dragon Age design & development. Those posters were quickly muzzled.

If anyone can reliably predict the ACTUAL status of Dragon Age, please speak up.

Andhaira

Arcane
David Gaider, please make your appearance known and explain the in's and outs.

Obviously, Bioware will now be under a stressful deadline to rush this game out the door next year.

I particularly like the publishing date for this game: April 1st; the same date Grimoire is supposed to be out this year.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Andhaira said:
I particularly like the publishing date for this game: April 1st; the same date Grimoire is supposed to be out this year.

Except that Grimoire's release date is obviously fake. It won't come out before Cleve has played Duke Nukem Forever to snatch some inspiration from that game.

Ratty

Scholar
It would be awesome if Dragon Age, Grimoire and Duke Nukem Forever all came out on April 1, 2008. That day would be like a singularity point in the temporal continuum where all vaporware titles get released.

Holy crap, maybe we'll even see Meantime, Elite IV, Starcraft Ghost and *gasp* Conflict: Omega! That's it, I'm taking the entire month off!

Andhaira

Arcane
JarlFrank said:
Andhaira said:

Except that Grimoire's release date is obviously fake. It won't come out before Cleve has played Duke Nukem Forever to snatch some inspiration from that game.

:D

cardtrick

Arbiter
Andhaira said:

No -- the article only says that the game will come out in fiscal year 2009, which starts on April 1st. That just means it will come out sometime between April 1, 2008 and May 31st, 2009, which is the period that EA calls "Fiscal year 2009." It's a term used by companies to report their earnings, expenses, and taxes.

Given that this is EA, I'm betting they're pushing for Christmas 2008.

Mamon

Scholar
Damn cardtrick, I was just going to say that :(

And yes, I bet this comes out at the end of this year.

Andhaira

Arcane
cardtrick said:
Andhaira said:

No -- the article only says that the game will come out in fiscal year 2009, which starts on April 1st. That just means it will come out sometime between April 1, 2008 and May 31st, 2009, which is the period that EA calls "Fiscal year 2009." It's a term used by companies to report their earnings, expenses, and taxes.

The Fiscal year is supposed to end in July in the usa, AFAIK. Isn't that correct?

MetalCraze

Arcane
so... Dragon Age is pretty fucked now?
actually I won't play it - because it will be 100% buggy casual shit like all EA games. because EA won't let bioware to release a good game never ever.

Andhaira

Arcane
Well bio does have a very good erxcuse now, if the game does suck.

obediah

Erudite
Andhaira said:
Well bio does have a very good erxcuse now, if the game does suck.

What is that?

We used to make mostly crappy PC games, but weren't making enough money. So we switched to really crappy console games (EDIT: after creating one of the worst PC games ever!!!!), but kept losing money. Then we signed away control over ourselves for some cash. And now that we're faced with the consequences of that, we're going to whine and cry and hope everyone throws a pity party for us while demonizing the ever-evil "Publisher".

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
skyway said:
so... Dragon Age is pretty fucked now?
actually I won't play it - because it will be 100% buggy casual shit like all EA games. because EA won't let bioware to release a good game never ever.

Ultima 7-2! A miracle, but it could happen again.

Of course not even that game is free of slights. There's at least three typos in the expansion, two wrongly set flags and another minor bug I forgot.

They also cut the cat-people out. :(

cardtrick

Arbiter
Andhaira said:
cardtrick said:
Andhaira said:

The Fiscal year is supposed to end in July in the usa, AFAIK. Isn't that correct?

Nope. Each company can determine their own fiscal years. For a small majority, the fiscal year is the same as the calendar year. January is also common (since full holiday profits can be counted shortly before delivering financial statements). And April is reasonably common as well, because it coincides with when US taxes are due.

Annonchinil

Scholar
Scre you guys, it's no longer EA of the 90's I much rather have them publish it than UBIsoft.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I didn't know EA fanboys actually existed…

MetalCraze

Arcane
they exist. there's this web-site ag.ru - that shits on every shitty EA game which basically means it shits on every EA game - and dozens of butthurt fanboys are constantly bashing reviewers there - but reviewers don't give a shit about that.

it's like a gamespot that is purged of evil and retarded journalists and turned into heavan.

Texas Red

Whiner
JarlFrank said:
Kingston said:
JarlFrank said:
Why do the Russians always get the good stuff and we Westerners have to cope with the crap?

Hahah. Do you know what Russia is?

A lawless shithole full of former Communists and the Russian mafia?

You're talking about the 90s Russia there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom