Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller and the nazification of the Codex

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
kingcomrade said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Spacemoose said:
DarkUnderlord said:
Sol Invictus said:
Where's the long Codex tradition of offending and "shock one-upmanship" gone to? What has happened to this site?
It's all about gaining the respect of the TES forum moderators.

Apparently.
You've retardolanded your share of threads, so I don't see how you have credibility on this issue.
You've had your share of threads retardolanded, so I don't see why you're whingeing about it.
You've done your share of retardolanding my threads about what Blackhart uses to sodomize himself before he can show up and educate us all, so I don't see how you can post in this thread without dying of shame.
Actually, all I've Retardo Landed on the whole are Russian spam threads and even then, it's been only a few. Even when Volourn was going through his "stalker" period, most of those were Retardo'd by anyone other than me (though I did do a handful once we'd decided that's what we were going to do with them).

All up that means I'm shame free, baby.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Exit: Whaaaaa! Look at me! Look at me! Please give me some attention. I'll do anything, anything you want.

@NL: Yeah dude, you stick it to da man! You tell 'em! Don't let the man get ya down! You showed them what your made of, yeah!

This is the most pathetic, immature and moronic pissant little protest I've ever seen. The thread was moved to RL, because it is a retarded attention whoring thread, and between the two of you, manage to compare this to Fascism, and protest by re-posting the original story. It's right there in RL for anyone to read if they really wish to you know. It's not been deleted or censored in any way. It was floating around in GD for quite a while without being touched - maybe you should try protesting something meaningful? Or is that too scary for you? All that would have been changed is that it couldn't be bumped to serve Exits' attention whoring, but thats about it.

Whoo, big fucking deal! Grow up and stop crying. I am aware that now somebody's moved it back to GD, why bother having RL at all? What's the point, exept as a place to put silly, stupid topics which the thread in question really belongs. It means that this site can stick to the no censorship, freespeech ethos without having the smell get too bad. You remind the of the fucking spoiled brats who turn up to the Reading Festival in Uk thinking 'hey, I can do whatever I want and my parents can't stop me' and end up tipping over porta-loos and throwing shit around. You know, toilets & sewers were invented for a reason - so was RL.

Oh, and don't think for a moment you really shock the more 'seasoned' people around here - it's more your idiotic conduct and innapropriateness of subject for the forum that makes the smell than the actual content of the 'shock' stuff, but I guess you don't really understand that do you?

Why not:

1. Make a seperate forum for 'outre' humor and comments (damn gooks, immigrants, liberals, etc) - my name suggestion is 'Here There Be Tubgirls'

2. Make it visible only to registered posters.

3. Make the posts within not show up on the 'hot threads' main page.

That way, Exitium and the rest of the people who wish can wallow in their own feces, and the RPG discussion can continue unabated. No censorship, cleaner Codex.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
vazquez595654 said:
It's about not turning the site into a dump.

Get over yourself... I mean this site. No one really cares that much.
Well, I do.

I appreciate the NSFW thing, but just let people say what they want to say. It's part of the reason we come here.
Let's not confuse freedom of expression with freedom to be a fucking moron.

Jora

Arcane
The solution is to remove the general discussion forum entirely. Send it to retardo land.

Hazelnut

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
vazquez595654 said:
It's about not turning the site into a dump.
Get over yourself... I mean this site. No one really cares that much.
Well, I do.
You're not alone.

Vault Dweller said:
I appreciate the NSFW thing, but just let people say what they want to say. It's part of the reason we come here.
Let's not confuse freedom of expression with freedom to be a fucking moron.
Exactly. How much intelligence does it really require to figure out that by abusing free-speech you are working towards censorship rather than away from it.. :roll:

In any society, freedom comes with responsibility.

sheek

Arbiter
Hazelnut said:
Exit: Whaaaaa! Look at me! Look at me! Please give me some attention. I'll do [snip]

You need to get a life. It was funny and some people want to read that stuff without fascists telling us what to do. Maybe you don't like it but who cares.

Hazelnut

Erudite
sheek said:
Hazelnut said:
Exit: Whaaaaa! Look at me! Look at me! Please give me some attention. I'll do [snip]

You need to get a life. It was funny and some people want to read that stuff without fascists telling us what to do. Maybe you don't like it but who cares.

You failed to read or comprehend what's going on sheek. Your reaction is pretty knee-jerk, and I'm not aware of anywhere where my sensibilities or preferences have been either stated or discussed.

Honestly, "Facists telling us what to do" indeed! Don't make me laugh, child, you really have no clue do you. Would you like some perspective with that?

(Prediction: I'll probably get called a 'faggot' again. Oh noes, there goes my self esteem..)

Jed

Cipher
Rex has such poor perspective that he would never even consider editing the posts of people who disagreed with him as wrong, but should someone "retardoland" his post--nothing changed, just a locked topic--and suddenly he's crying "fascism."

Really, so this what Orwell was warning against?

Jason

chasing a bee
As Johannes said, simply taking GD out of the Topics on the front page would be helpful. It's extremely easy to do, people can still have their naughty/stupid fun within GD, and the image of the Codex doesn't suffer all the shit-eating, political-ranting, tubgirling, immigrant-bashing, baby arm-babbling, Scientologist-stroking, Lost-loving, Roqua-raping problems.

Everybody happy.

obediah

Erudite
Johannes Teugen said:
Why not:

1. Make a seperate forum for 'outre' humor and comments (damn gooks, immigrants, liberals, etc) - my name suggestion is 'Here There Be Tubgirls'

2. Make it visible only to registered posters.

3. Make the posts within not show up on the 'hot threads' main page.

That way, Exitium and the rest of the people who wish can wallow in their own feces, and the RPG discussion can continue unabated. No censorship, cleaner Codex.

For the most part, I like this idea. You do fail to address one thing though. Even in otherwise rational discussions, sometimes I'd rather just call someone a fuckface and some other nasty things rather than actually address their points. Poor debate form? sure. Immature? sure. But it's part of the codex. Sir, how would you modify your proposal to account for these nice-nice timeouts? Fuckface.

Jason

chasing a bee
What are you talking about, fuckface? We don't need any nice-nice timeouts. The brutal (and potty-mouthed) nature of the Codex is not what we're discussing. That's here to stay no matter what anyone says. Fag.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
obediah said:
Even in otherwise rational discussions, sometimes I'd rather just call someone a fuckface and some other nasty things rather than actually address their points. Poor debate form? sure. Immature? sure. But it's part of the codex.
Sure, and nobody's arguing against that. There is a difference, though, between a healthy discussion turning into an entertaining flame war and dumb posts that are neither witty, nor funny, like the story in question, posted only because the poster can.

baby arm said:
What are you talking about, fuckface? We don't need any nice-nice timeouts. The brutal (and potty-mouthed) nature of the Codex is not what we're discussing. That's here to stay no matter what anyone says. Fag.
What he said.

Calis

Pensionado
Jed said:
Rex has such poor perspective that he would never even consider editing the posts of people who disagreed with him as wrong, but should someone "retardoland" his post--nothing changed, just a locked topic--and suddenly he's crying "fascism."
Calling Rex a hypocrit is sooo 2004.

NoisyKillerHPB

Scholar
I'd just like to point at that there is nothing fascist about having certain limits. What you're saying is sorta like saying America is fascist because we have anti-littering laws. In a completely free world you'd be able to toss your big gulp on the sidewalk, but you're throwing it on someone else's property. And in this case you're starting to throw your garbage right at the owners too.

Seven

Erudite
Wrong. There is a difference which is that text is a fraction as offensive.

What the hell does that mean? A fraction of what--you're not trying to teach me some type of new wavy gravy math are you?

Reading takes effort and if you know where it's going (unless you're a retard) you can stop reading.

Sure I can stop reading, I can also stop coming to an RPG site which has an over abundance of shit eater stories. What you don't understand is that Rex runs two sites, but I doubt he posts that shit there, I wonder why that is?

I was going to post a reply to that thread and I was surprised that it was suddenly locked.

That's nice. Yesterday I was going to go for a walk but it was too hot.

sheek

Arbiter
Seven said:
Wrong. There is a difference which is that text is a fraction as offensive.

What the hell does that mean? A fraction of what--you're not trying to teach me some type of new wavy gravy math are you?

Offensive text is less offensive an offensive picture. Seeing a picture of a shit eater is more sickening than reading the phrase "There's a shit eater...". Kapiche?

Reading takes effort and if you know where it's going (unless you're a retard) you can stop reading.

Sure I can stop reading, I can also stop coming to an RPG site which has an over abundance of shit eater stories. What you don't understand is that Rex runs two sites, but I doubt he posts that shit there, I wonder why that is?

I don't know and I don't care about Rex. And you missed the point. You see a stupid thread you close it and it's no big deal. Doesn't take any effort and you'd be pretty stupid to stop visiting a website because there are a couple of threads you don't read.

I was going to post a reply to that thread and I was surprised that it was suddenly locked.

That's nice. Yesterday I was going to go for a walk but it was too hot.

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you going for a walk today?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom