Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vault Dweller and the nazification of the Codex

LlamaGod

Cipher
Rex I think you forgot these, I found them sitting in a ditch next to the birthday party supplies factory

creamsicle.jpg

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
"Once governments are given the authority to restrict the liberty of some sane adults for what it considers their physical or moral welfare, there is no principled stopping point in terms of what governments will have the authority to prohibit. The consequence will be that virtually anything which anyone holds of most value may become prohibited to them on grounds of its being judged immoral or dangerous to them. There are practically no forms of activity in which sane adults like to engage that others are not able to find reasons to condemn as morally or physically bad for those who engage in them. This ranges from drinking alcohol and smoking tobacco, to eating certain types of food, to not taking exercise, to taking too much, engaging in dangerous sports, practising certain religions, not practising any religion, reading books on science, etc. Unless government draws the line at only prohibiting conduct that harms others against their will, no member of society can be secure in being able to do or have anything they most want and value." --David Conway

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearsome master." --George Washington

"The trouble today is that we have too many laws." --John Garner, US Vice-President, 1932

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus, Roman historian

"You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

"In our country we have those three unspeakably precious things: freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either." --Mark Twain
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans." --Bill Clinton, 1993.

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." --William Pitt (Earl of Chatham), speech in the House of Lords, November 18, 1783

"Usually, terrible things that are done with the excuse that progress requires them are not really progress at all, but just terrible things." --Russell Baker
"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." --Daniel Webster

"Too many people are only willing to defend rights that are personally important to them. It's selfish ignorance, and it's exactly why totalitarian governments are able to get away with trampling on people. Freedom does not mean freedom just for the things *I* think I should be able to do. Freedom is for all of us. If people will not speak up for other's people's rights, there will come a day when they will lose their own." - Tony Lawrence

"The only freedom which counts is the freedom to do what some other people think to be wrong. There is no point in demanding freedom to do that which all will applaud. All the so-called liberties or rights are things which have to be asserted against others who claim that if such things are to be allowed their own rights are infringed or their own liberties threatened. This is always true, even when we speak of the freedom to worship, of the right of free speech or association, or of public assembly. If we are to allow freedoms at all there will constantly be complaints that either the liberty itself or the way in which it is exercised is being abused, and, if it is a genuine freedom, these complaints will often be justified. There is no way of having a free society in which there is not abuse. Abuse is the very hallmark of liberty." -- Former Lord Chief Justice Halisham

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." --Robert A. Heinlein

"Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." --Malcolm X
"Wherever they burn books, they will also, in the end, burn people." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself." --Potter Stewart
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." - Johann W. Von Goethe

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." -- Noam Chomsky

"He that will not reason is a bigot, He that cannot reason is a fool, He that dares not reason is a slave." - William Drummond

"The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame." -- Oscar Wilde

Two of the gravest general dangers to survival are the desire for comfort and a passive outlook.
--U.S. Army Ranger Handbook

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.
--Francois Voltaire

As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression.
In both instances, there's a twilight where everything remains seemingly unchanged,
and it is in such twilight that we must be aware of change in the air, however slight,
lest we become unwitting victims of the darkness.
-- Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

Make no laws whatever concerning speech, and speech will be free;
so soon as you make a declaration on paper that speech shall be free,
you will have a hundred lawyers proving that "freedom does not mean abuse, nor liberty license"; and they will define and define freedom out of existence.
--Voltarine de Cleyre

Whenever 'A' attempts by law to impose his moral standards upon 'B', 'A' is most likely a scoundrel.
-- H. L. Mencken

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let people have guns ...why should we let them have ideas?
--Joseph Stalin

We combat the... materialistic spirit within and without us, and are convinced that a permanent recovery of our people can only proceed from within on the foundation of the common good before the individual good." [Excepts from the political program of the Nazi Party, adopted in Munich on 1920 Feb 24; found in _Die Nazionalsozialistische Dokumente_ 1933-1945, edited by Walther Hofer, Frankfurt am Mein; Fischer Bucherei, 1957,pp29-31.]

“But you know, it's about time we start thinking about the common good and the national interest, instead of just individuals, in our country." [Hillary Clinton 1994 health care speech]

"You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot help the small men by tearing down the big men."-Abraham Lincoln-

". . . it lies within the power as well as the duty of all of us to recognize not only the possibility that we might be wrong but the virtual certainty that on some occasions we are bound to be. The fact that this is so does not absolve us from the duty of having views and putting them forward. But it does make it incumbent upon us to recognize the element of doubt that still surrounds the correctness of these views. And if we do that, we will not be able to lose ourselves in the transports of moral indignation against those who are of opposite opinion and follow a different line, we will put our views forward only with a prayer for forgiveness for the event that we prove to be mistaken." George Kennan, 1968

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
This thread needs more blue quotes.

Oh sorry, didn't see we'd filled our supply already.

almondblight

Arcane
Johannes Teugen said:
Why not:

1. Make a seperate forum for 'outre' humor and comments (damn gooks, immigrants, liberals, etc) - my name suggestion is 'Here There Be Tubgirls'

2. Make it visible only to registered posters.

3. Make the posts within not show up on the 'hot threads' main page.

That way, Exitium and the rest of the people who wish can wallow in their own feces, and the RPG discussion can continue unabated. No censorship, cleaner Codex.

I agree...seriously, why not do this?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
My post was edited a gay blue. Now mods are abusing their powers. When will the madness end?

Edit: I changed it back, please stop changing font size or adding gay colors.

Jason

chasing a bee
TCancer has been GD-free for a month or so and it's a good thing. Looks an actual gaming site rather than a site about gays and beaners and George Bush and Vida Guerra's new calendar.

Astromarine

Erudite
people are insanely stupid. Alas, it was ever thus.

You goddamned retards with your persecution mania are laughable. Forum is private property, and the people running it have the ability to change their rules about what is permissible or not whenever they want. You pussified whiners complaining in this thread (including big-bad-manly-man Roqua, showing again what a snivelling little girl in pigtails and frou-frous he really is) should realize that your only recourse is to adapt to the new order or to vote with your bandwidth and fuck off to other places where retards are free to be retards.

Saint runs the joint. Vault Dweller has opinions on policy that are stricter than the rest of the admins. He also is responsible for a shitload of good content and news on the site. The only way you little bitches may have your wish of turning the entire codex into retardo-land come true is if Saint fires VD or countermands him so much that he quits. This will turn this forum into shit, but you can delude yourselves that this shit would smell like "Freedom!"

So, until Saint decides whether the presence here of the powerhouses of cutting edge game design and philosophy that are "sheek" and "kingcomrade" is more important than having a site that is respected enough in the game dev community to generate articles and discussions similar to those that can be found in the archives from 2002 and 2003, you bitches will just have to put up with at least a minimum of decorum and restrictions.

LlamaGod

Cipher
really, the whole 'immature tubgirls-a-plenty is what the codex is all about!' thing is what VD is trying to avert, because they'd like to be taken as a more extreme yet serious website.

I dont think there should be any strict rules, since part of the nature of the board IS freedom, but senseless things should be moved to Retardo land.

So basically, do whatever you want as long as it isnt stupid is what I would say. I think we're suppost to be giving off a 'we're smart and sassy' attitude anyways. Not WELCOME TO RPGWASTELAND FAGGOT.

NSFW stuff should be allowed though, because I think the concept of 'NSFW' is retarded, especially on a website like this.

JUST KEEP IT SMART, JACKASSES.

Seven

Erudite
Seven wrote:
Quote:
Wrong. There is a difference which is that text is a fraction as offensive.

What the hell does that mean? A fraction of what--you're not trying to teach me some type of new wavy gravy math are you?

Offensive text is less offensive an offensive picture. Seeing a picture of a shit eater is more sickening than reading the phrase "There's a shit eater...". Kapiche?

No, I don't "kapiche" (btw, "kapiche" is an Italian word, so it's capisce), and I don't see how any sane human being can deduce the latter of your statement from the former.

I don't know and I don't care about Rex. And you missed the point. You see a stupid thread you close it and it's no big deal. Doesn't take any effort and you'd be pretty stupid to stop visiting a website because there are a couple of threads you don't read.

No, you're missing the point this is an RPG forum, if you want shit stories then go to Shit Stories R US. Rex also runs a RPG site with forum, if you want to role play shit stories with him then go there post shit stories and see how long it lasts.

Astromarine

Erudite
hellgateguru's rules:

This is non-negotiable.

Your posts may not contain or be related to anything illegal in nature. This includes but is not limited to the promotion of mp3s, warez, EMU, ROM, or any other form of illegal products or content.

You may not promote links to scams and pyramid schemes like free iPods, and free HDTVs. You may not advertise any grotty products like sexual enhancers, pheromone lotions, stolen software or what have you.

If it's spam, it's gone.

Your posts must not contain, produce or link to profane and/or adult content of any kind.

Failure to abide by these will result in swift and immediate action from a moderator or administrator.

Coming here to talk about nazification takes either huge balls or a severe lack of sense. Knowing you, I'll go for the second.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Sure I can stop reading, I can also stop coming to an RPG site which has an over abundance of shit eater stories. What you don't understand is that Rex runs two sites, but I doubt he posts that shit there, I wonder why that is?
You're right, I wouldn't post that there because it's not the right place for it.

With that said, this sort of shock content has always been a staple of the Codex. Do recall that I posted that thread quite a while back, so it's definitely not a new thread by any means. It was allowed back then, so why not now? What's changed?

This isn't about me. It's about how the site policies are being changed in a drastic fashion due to VD's overzealous moderation. A lot of us come here for the politically incorrect opinions, the freedom of speech, and the shock value. If VD can take away the 'shock' posts, it's only a matter of time before he extends the line by removing all of the politically incorrect immigrant-hating posts if he deems them 'offensive' or 'worthless'.

Freedom of speech is all or nothing. You've either the freedom, or you don't.

This is the Codex.

Astromarine

Erudite
bullshit. Utter, unadulterated, bullshit. Freedom of speech is:

a) IRRELEVANT inside private property. Call me a cocksucker inside my home, and I'll throw you out.

b) NOT all or nothing. It's based on society's rules. Blackheart couldn't stand in a court of law and repeat his pediphiliac beefy-wang-in-ladyboy-anus schtick without consequence. Stop arguing from a position that is completely wrong.

As for coming here for the politically incorrect opinions and shock value, if there's really people that come here FOR that, they can fuck off to whatever retardo-land they come from, because their presence here is absolutely useless. If freedom of speech is all or nothing for you, and you believe that should be "all", then open the rules in your forums. If a place where you can post shiteater stories is so important for you, then one site about RPG is pretty much the same as any other sites about RPGs.

Jora

Arcane
Sol Invictus said:
A lot of us come here for the politically incorrect opinions, the freedom of speech, and the shock value.
People should come here for RPG news and discussions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom