Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Executr

Cipher
:necro:

Reality Pump’s Pirate Game Renamed To Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry, To Be Re-Launched
Back in January 2015, Topware released Reality Pump’s pirate game, Raven’s Cry. Raven’s Cry was released in an unfinished state, something that enraged a lot of PC gamers. Reality Pump has continued work on its title and will be releasing an Extended Edition of it, called Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry will be available for Windows, Linux, Steam OS and Mac OSX and will feature 50+ hours of game play, over 360 characters, more than 500 quests, 120 minutes of cinematics, authentic weapons, locations and ships, a free-flowing melee combat system and intense naval battle action await you in this sprawling role playing adventure.

According to Reality Pump’s developer, this Extended Edition of Raven’s Cry will be made available for free to all owners of Raven’s Cry.

Moreover, Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry will pack reworked voice overs.

“We will redo the English Voice Overs in our own studio and start next week. For the German VOs we only need to make some additional recordings for new quests and cutscenes. I think that everyone agrees, that the German VOs are good (partial missing lipsync in the current version is caused by missing English VOs, because the lipsync does in any language not work if an English file is corrupted or missing).”

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/reali...ndetta-curse-of-ravens-cry-to-be-re-launched/

pippin

Reworked voice overs means that they will actually work as intended now?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Curse of Raven's Cry indeed.

"Raven's Cry" was a pretty cool name, now it sounds like shovelware. Can't they just call it EE?

Oh well, Bro Team will certainly be pleased.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
175849007.jpg

It would've been better for everyone involved to never hear about this game again.

pippin

Well, most games these days are 8 hours long, but those are divided between 5 or 6 hours of actual gameplay and the rest is just cutscenes. I guess they are trying to show off some kind of tech?

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Despite how awful the game was, it's good to see one of them taking responsibility for their crap. Guess they learned nothing from Ubisoft i.e.; When a game is broken, just close your eyes and walk away.

Morkar Left

That's actually cool. I can see me enjoying this game a lot when it's properly developed.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Despite how awful the game was, it's good to see one of them taking responsibility for their crap. Guess they learned nothing from Ubisoft i.e.; When a game is broken, just close your eyes and walk away.

You're assuming they could afford to walk away with the sales this turd got.. Their only option is to finish it and try again.
They can't start over they will be bankrupt before the first dungeon is finished
It was kinda nice to give it for free to the 9 people who actually pre-ordered this piece of shit..

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Well, most games these days are 8 hours long, but those are divided between 5 or 6 hours of actual gameplay and the rest is just cutscenes. I guess they are trying to show off some kind of tech?

That's so few years ago. These days games are 100 hours long and 95 hours of that consists of repetitive fetch quests and running around in empty open world.

Deleted member 7219

Two Worlds was so bad, it was good. It is possible for a game to reach an exact level of badness so it actually becomes fun to play. It is an extremely fragile thing and not many games accomplish such a feat. Often, bad games are just bad.

I thought Two Worlds 2 was just bad, period. But it seems like they went a level of badness deeper with this. Hilarious that they're doing an 'Extended Cut'. They are now in the same category as Wasteland 2 and Divinity: Original Sin, but at least those two were Kickstarter funded.

Darkzone

Arcane
So the Potatos are finishing this game for their german Herren?
I didn't want to point out that "no neigh never/ The Wild Rover" is an irish drinking song, that was sang by The dubliners. But for our german speaking friends i have to point out where the germans have used the melody, because the german song is like the game:

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Roxor's take on the original version was pretty positive, so I'm looking forward to the EE.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why would they continue to throw good money after bad? Crazy Euros.

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
Why would they continue to throw good money after bad? Crazy Euros.

You'd think the title would have been tarnished beyond repair by this point, even with the ever so subtle change. Perhaps they just don't have the money to develop a new game from scratch and this is their last chance at staying alive.

As a diversion, I thought that two worlds 2 had a hint of gothic about it. Didn't like either much (although Gothic was better) and never played TW1. RC looks a bit Gothic-y as well - by which I mean slightly clunky and over-exaggerated, but reviews suggest that's where the comparison ends. I have been criticised previously for this opinion...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/116391-vendetta-curse-of-raven-s-cry-release-date-announced.html

TopWare Interactive has published a release date for Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry

+++ Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry to arrive on the 20th of November +++

Karlsruhe, November 2nd, 2015 – Pirates! Whispered rumors spread faster in the Caribbean than scurvy on the seven seas. Today we received an urgent warning, and its contents have been confirmed; anti-hero Christopher Raven and his deadly crew have been sighted spreading fear and violence across the open world of the Caribbean in the upcoming action-adventure RPG, Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry!

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry takes players on an epic adventure featuring the dread pirate Captain Christopher Raven as he scours the Caribbean on a quest for revenge. Cut, sail, slash and shoot your way across the Antilles, from pirate hideouts to unexplored savage islands and sprawling plantations. Make choices ranging from the moral to the monstrous, while you walk the razor’s edge between gaining your revenge and becoming the very thing you’re hunting.

With over 50 hours of playing time, 120 minutes of cinematic video recordings and new quests and voice-over work, Christopher Raven’s ship is loaded for war like never before. Don’t worry, Christopher Raven will leave no brother of the coast behind! Those who took to the seas with Christopher in Raven’s Cry will receive a free upgrade to Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry from the Captain himself.

New features in Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry:

- Scores of new characters and more than 200 side-quests enrich the gaming experience, while existing quests have been extended and enhanced.
- Locations have been polished and enhanced with improved optics; from flora & fauna to the new (dangerous) wildlife lurking on the shores and in the jungles of the Caribbean.
- Numerous items have been added, including new equipment that affects game-play, like hats, amulets and a variety of new weapons.
- The combat system has been enhanced, from Christopher Raven’s fighting techniques to his opponent’s behavior, both in and out of combat.
- A new reward system has been integrated into the game-play and combat.
- Sea adventures have been optimized with new upgrades and a new free-sailing mode has been added.
- An advanced and optimized trade and economic system with numerous new distributors and negotiable items have been implemented.
- Shaman skills allow the brewing of powerful potions and tinctures.
- Ship personalization and customization has been overhauled, thanks to new figureheads, different colored sails, and new hull colors.
- New videos and cut-scenes have been added using facial motion capture technology.
- A more streamlined and accessible quest log and help system has been added, including notifiers for quest difficulty and an overhauled quest interface.
- New game achievements document the progress of your achievements and accomplishments.
- Completely new English voice recordings and lip-synching.

The digital release of Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry will be available on the 20th of November, 2015 for PC, Mac, Linux and SteamOS in both Standard and Digital Deluxe Editions. A retail and console version is scheduled for release in Q1 2016.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom