Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry - open world pirate action-RPG from Two Worlds developer

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Redoing voice overs really is all the rage these days.

poetic codex

Augur
Okay, this game is as bad as its reputation suggests, however, I hate the fact that the major publications literally shit on games like this without mercy while games from the major publishers that were released in even worse states from a technical standpoint such as Assassin's Creed Unity and Batman Arkham Knight still get at least a 7. It's like attacking the local mom and pop store while giving a free pass to retail giants like Macy's who charge 60 bucks for shirts that were made in Bangladesh for 60 cents. :roll:

Doktor Best

Arcane
So the Potatos are finishing this game for their german Herren?
I didn't want to point out that "no neigh never/ The Wild Rover" is an irish drinking song, that was sang by The dubliners. But for our german speaking friends i have to point out where the germans have used the melody, because the german song is like the game:

Speaking of which, german "schlager" singer Roberto Blanco is appearently doing voice over for the game as street musician. Behold this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLk8RBlECsg

Deleted member 7219

I'm sure someone will be a bro and play it so the rest of us don't have to.

gestalt11

Arbiter
Okay, this game is as bad as its reputation suggests, however, I hate the fact that the major publications literally shit on games like this without mercy while games from the major publishers that were released in even worse states from a technical standpoint such as Assassin's Creed Unity and Batman Arkham Knight still get at least a 7. It's like attacking the local mom and pop store while giving a free pass to retail giants like Macy's who charge 60 bucks for shirts that were made in Bangladesh for 60 cents. :roll:

When you realize the objective reality that journalist and whore are synonyms then things come into line more and you can get on with your life without the negative emotions.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, its been out for a day and the steam reviews are at 72% approval. Which is an improvement over the initial release, sooo...yay for them?

pippin

They didn't removed the Reality Pump DRM though, or at least the store page says the game has that.

Morkar Left

Wtf? I even thought about buying it and now it's removed from the store? wow...

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some suggest that it's banned by Steam because the publisher has been posting fake reviews: http://www.pcinvasion.com/topwares-curse-of-ravencry-removed-from-steam-false-reviews-likely-cause

It’s now thought that the game has been removed because publisher TopWare has been posting fake reviews which gave the game a 76% positive review score. This is of course against the rules of Steam and a very dodgy practice, especially when the game has been quite publicly slagged off by people unfortunate enough to have played it.

Metacritic’s user scores are down at 3.1, which is not always proof a game is bad, but in this case the user reviews are probably quite accurate.

TopWare has been accused of posting fake reviews in the past and there’s been plenty of evidence to show that the positive reviews are all coming on the same games from different individuals (shot 1 / shot 2).

The removal of Raven’s Cry is no loss to the PC gaming community but it has once again highlighted the problem of fake reviews on Steam games.

Morkar Left

I guess the people who have written the reviews are probably related to the publisher but I can't see how that's a bannable offence. Just having overlapping games is hardly something uncommon. There could have been some sale going on as well with some topware bundle.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I suspect they had more information than that if they removed the game.

pippin

Considering the usual steam reviews, I really doubt that's the reason. There must be some weird shit going on behind the scenes, after all this company was on the verge of extinction not too long ago.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
fykxatn.png

:lol:. Whooo-boy.
So "false impeachments" it is then.

pippin

We have requested for Otherland to be moved to a different Steam Account.
Looks like Steam just got to do it and that's why Otherland is temporarly unavailable.
While I'm not directly involved in that process, I would guess that is should become available again by tomorrow.
Unfortunetly I am not familiar with the process, but I asked people involved in it to post here when they get online to provide more details.
I don't however believe the AppID will change since we as developers got no mention of that and a change in the AppID would also require some changes on our end.

Where were you when steam shovelware started killing itself?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom