Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vestaria Saga - SRPG series from the FE creator - second game out now

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
http://dangenentertainment.com/games/vestaria-saga

ss_f387cd1b6406c81006b316a237ed9f0db1305632.jpg

ss_10783787f827068007cfc501b61a20adfc6b5831.jpg

Story
Vestaria Saga tells the story of international conflict between a powerful empire and a small coastal kingdom. When an imperial ship is set ablaze near the port of Meleda, it sparks a cascade of events that thrusts young warrior Zadrian into a war for the future of his kingdom. On the run from a vicious imperial force and short on allies, Zade and his small band of knights must make difficult decisions to ensure that Meleda's princess, and the very future of its lineage, remain intact.

However, not everything is as it seems, and forces in the dark corners of the continent conspire. The stage is set, and the pieces have begun to move.

Gameplay
Vestaria Saga is a strategy RPG where positioning, movement, and even weaponry, are paramount to success. Move your heavily armed units around a classically styled grid-based map and engage pirates, rebels, monsters, imperial soldiers, and anyone else that stands in your way.

Features
  • An enthralling campaign of espionage, international intrigue, and war written by veterans of the genre
  • Varying story paths and endings based on your choices and who survives to the end
  • Over 20 unique characters to recruit with a wide variety of classes, weapons, and skills
  • Intricate maps filled with a variety of enemies and strategic puzzles to overcome
  • Two finely tuned difficulty modes to accommodate both strategy veterans and newcomers
  • The ability to save every 5 turns so that you can quickly undo any mistakes you've made during a battle
  • A full English script translated from the original Japanese by a veteran translator
  • The first chapter in a new strategy RPG series that builds upon Japanese SRPG traditions

9TSfjMh.jpg

Well, I made a new thread instead of keep posting about this in Random JRPG thread.

For starter, Shouzou Kaga, the creator of Fire Emblem is making a freeware indie SRPG with a small "doujin" team, using a game making software aptly named SRPG Studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttl9N87lAwk

Today Kaga posted some FAQ: http://zeeksweb.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-89.html

- Not accepting donations, not interested in commercialization and no plans on donation drive (he says he's too old for that). And sure, no console releases.
- This is a hobby project. It started without the tool and he had no intention to release it as it will require too much efforts on testing and support. Then he found SRPG Studio and started porting it. He and the team is making this for fun and intending to release it to readers of his blog.
- It will be not be polished like commercial games. Forget beautiful art and comfortable controls. This is a retro game for oldies who fondly remembers the old games.
- Current progress is at 50%. It takes 30 hours to play current build.
- This is part one of two parts. It will have 20~25 maps. Each map is complex and big, and it will take 5 hours to complete it.
- 100+ classes, but first part has 60% of it.
- He says he is working hard with his old body.
- ETA is next summer.

Last edited:

insukk

Augur
Patron
Codex 2012
If the game will be made, then there also will be translations by some group of fans or even single person. Fire Emblem have a long tradition of unofficial translations - which is fucking awesome, because the SNES trilogy is... well. fucking awesome. :greatjob:
I really hope that Shouzou will finish this game.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm pretty sure it will be translated after it's done. Lots of Fire Emblem fans in the West.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If the game will be made, then there also will be translations by some group of fans or even single person. Fire Emblem have a long tradition of unofficial translations - which is fucking awesome, because the SNES trilogy is... well. fucking awesome.
I really hope that Shouzou will finish this game.

True, but the quality of the translations are meh. I think 5 and 6 still aren't even fully scripted.

Anywho, I want this game inside of me. That is all.

Archibald

Arcane
Menu translations should be sufficient. All Fire Emblem games had fairly similar plot and I doubt that this is going to differ much.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I think they're keeping their eyes on this, but Kaga seems reluctant to make things more complicated than a mere hobby. Hope they could persuade him.

Maybe they could bring SRPG Studio alongside his game.

Perkel

Arcane
I think they're keeping their eyes on this, but Kaga seems reluctant to make things more complicated than a mere hobby.

This seems like best recommendation game can get to me.
Personal project without focus testing garbage.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I would be all over this if it came stateside. Deficit of production values can be forgiven because it is Fire Emblem's creator (also free, I guess).

Jinn

Arcane
NICE! Now we just need an English translation. This will be a very nice time.

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh god it's heavan.

:d1p:

I never do that, but I have to. It looks too good to pass up.

Jinn

Arcane
Will gladly pay for a professional localization of this. Fucking awesome!

:d1p:

Vorark

Erudite
:incline:

Will it be sold on Steam/GOG or too soon to say?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom