Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Video Game Awards AKA the Dorito Pope Show 2015

Divinity: Original Sin
Man, it's like they are trying to copy the oscars but got MTV movie awards instead...

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Wow. Fucking retarded. All of the tweets of the MGSV staff (Kojima, Keifer, Donna Burke, Stefanie) with Keileigh, all the teasing, the build up - the thing about the lawyers, then Jade Raymond made that quip even after Kojima got cockblocked by lawyers and Keifer was in the audience...

And it wasn't a ruse. No big MGSV: Chapter 3 announcement. Just garbage. lmao

Rocket League is like the kind of game that I know is popular, but I don't know anybody who's actually played it. It's just something I keep seeing in the recommended section on Youtube.

One of the very few games present on these shows that is actually fun, especially with friends and preferably drunk.

NullFlow

Savant
Well deserved awards for CDPR and TW3. The show was a damn mess with the cue card mess ups, Konami getting openly trashed, David Hayter probably on suicide watch and one of the laziest performances to close off a show ever. Worst one was opening Iwata's eulogy with fucking dubstep and doing some shitty high school tier slideshow for a gaming legend.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well shit, color me surprised over everything Witcher 3 got. I expected Geoff to toss something at CDPR just for being there, but to actually give them three most important awards for their game? And with Fallout 4 in the running? Well played, I guess.

Perkel

Arcane
1410497030019.png

Perkel

Arcane
Only real surprise here is that TW3 didn't win best OST. Probably later judges meet up and said fuck we can't give TW3 everything !

Mozg

Arcane
Imagine all of these people filing out as the show ends and, to their confusion, ending up in strange cylindrical concrete hallway. They complain impatiently for someone to open the shutters at the end so they can head to parking. Then a single huge piston pushes them all into a meat grinder

Divinity: Original Sin
then Jade Raymond made that quip even after Kojima got cockblocked by lawyers and Keifer was in the audience...

Why, what happened. I haven't watched it.

Well, she presented the best performance award, and she made this comment while talking about voices and acting in VG: "how can one dissociate snake from the voice of... David Hayter?" Anyway, not the exact words, but it was akward and I didn't even know jack bauer was there.

http://www.newshashtags.com/trends/jade-raymond

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Well, she presented the best performance award, and she made this comment while talking about voices and acting in VG: "how can one dissociate snake from the voice of... David Hayter?" Anyway, not the exact words, but it was akward and I didn't even know jack bauer was there.

http://www.newshashtags.com/trends/jade-raymond

I thought it was a good joke.
It did come across as a bit petty, especially since there really wasn't much basis on it beyond making another snipe at Hayter being replaced, despite the fact that his snake voice has been in serious decline since MGS3. Keifer did a great job with the role too, though the biggest mistake with him was that they barely even gave him any lines at all.

Perkel

Arcane
did great job ?
99% of his lines are normal talk (any hobo could do it) or normal questions. There isn't any acting beside some grunts.
At least his role had story reasons than just taking out hayter considering you don't play actually big boss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom