Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Visual marking of threads you spammed in.

This new icon / feature is...

• Okay I guess.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remove it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spectre

Arcane
I saw such next-gen dumbing down on some other forums, when you posted a reply in a topic its icon would be slightly different (a black dot, a smiley face, whatever) to mark it.

I think it's a good thing for the prestigious magazine to have, just sayin'.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Hmm.. Could be done fairly easily but I suspect it'd put a bit of extra load on the server. Mainly because it'd have to be another query that checks each thread as it's loaded to see if there are any posts made by you.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
DarkUnderlord said:
Hmm.. Could be done fairly easily but I suspect it'd put a bit of extra load on the server. Mainly because it'd have to be another query that checks each thread as it's loaded to see if there are any posts made by you.

Didn't we just contribute money to man up the servers this spring? Or did that cash really go to whores and drugs as long rumored.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
I didn't say I wasn't going to do it. Just that it may slow things down.

Now someone make me a better image.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Nah keep it. All the red stuff in GRPG is good for my ego :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
the red sticks out too much, make it blue or just a brighter shade of gray.

Murk

Arcane
I'm kind of blown away by how quickly new changes are implemented. :salute:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
The new icon looks jarringly unlike the old icon. Color appears to be off and it's missing that blue thing. I have no idea what that blue thing is supposed to mean but it annoys me that it isn't there.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
looks shitty, also: the slowdown currently is absolutely unbearable, a page often needs >1min to load, anyone else has that problem?

SoupNazi

poocolator said:
What the hell.

I always searched for my user-name to find threads that I'd posted in, all in one list. It was neat, too, because the icon would change to show whether the thread was updated.
Or you could just click on "View your posts" on the main forum view, no?

VentilatorOfDoom said:
looks shitty, also: the slowdown currently is absolutely unbearable, a page often needs >1min to load, anyone else has that problem?
Nope. Must be your thirdworldian internet.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
THe blue thing is only shown for "Hot Topics" which are currently defined as >50 posts because apparently you need a special icon to tell you that there are lots of posts in a topic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom