Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Voidspire sequel: Alvora Tactics

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=892353952

http://www.alvoratactics.com

Alvora Tactics is an indie Tactics RPG that combines strategic combat with immersive exploration. Explore and conquer Great Serpent Alvora with your own customizable band of warriors!
  • Deep, yet straightforward & easy to understand tactical combat
  • Explore a mix of procedural and handcrafted areas full of varied & challenging encounters
  • Destructible terrain and elemental interactions – set a jungle ablaze with fire magic, or summon water then electrify it!
  • Combine 10 races, 23 classes, 150+ upgrade-able abilities, and 50+ passives to create your ideal party
  • Unique fantasy setting; no elves, orcs, or dwarves
  • Built from the same engine (and by the same guy) as the highly-rated Voidspire Tactics

How about we help get it greenlit?

Also, Infinitron , a little frontpage love?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalasanty11

Learned
My duty fulfilled for now, voted on steam. Thanks for making this happen, Eldiran! I've already started to lose hope that game will ever be created.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Thanks for posting this Jack!

For the codex I'll share some extra details about Alvora Tactics:
  • The max party size is 6, though you can recruit extras to swap in and out
  • If your party has been KO'd a lot you may need to swap characters to let them rest
  • There is more focus on combat and character progression than in Voidspire
  • Alvora is shorter (10-12 hrs) and will therefore be sold for $10 instead of $15 like Voidspire
  • I ended up dropping the permadeath idea, however 'Hardcore' mode (no saves except in town) is an option
  • The game will release sometime in April if all goes well
If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to share more!

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Nice, day 1 purchase, don't forget some non-steam drm-free version.
tumblr_mp9ve5RdDO1s8ey0to1_400.gif

Jinn

Arcane
I'm a huge fan of Voidspire Tactics, and will definitely be getting this, especially if it's a stepping stone to a larger project for you! Voidspire's length felt just about perfect, but I'd love to see what you could pack into a 30-40 hour adventure with a larger world to explore. Exploration was one of the great surprises that came with Voidspire and I'd love to see it fleshed out a bit more.

Anyway, really excited to hopefully see this out next month. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to share more!

I wonder about replay value - how much content will be randomly generated? And to what extent?
Seconding this. I understand VT's higher difficulty enabled more clever AI and such.. but, I didn't find lots of reason to play this since the adventure was the same.

Hope there'll be more reasons to replay this one, with the random dungeons and all.

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Thanks for the votes guys, it really helps!

Nice, day 1 purchase, don't forget some non-steam drm-free version.

I won't! : )

I wonder about replay value - how much content will be randomly generated? And to what extent?

The 5 main areas are procedurally generated, and each time you go through one you can find access to one of the 5 - 8 handcrafted areas. When you play through the first time it's very unlikely you'll see all the content.

I'm a huge fan of Voidspire Tactics, and will definitely be getting this, especially if it's a stepping stone to a larger project for you! Voidspire's length felt just about perfect, but I'd love to see what you could pack into a 30-40 hour adventure with a larger world to explore. Exploration was one of the great surprises that came with Voidspire and I'd love to see it fleshed out a bit more.

Anyway, really excited to hopefully see this out next month. Definitely a day one purchase for me.

Thank you! I will warn you that Alvora does not have the huge open exploration that Voidspire did, so you may be slightly disappointed as you play it. However if things go well, I have some possible plans for Game #3 to be very exploration-oriented. : )

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Short update: the Greenlight's chugging along, though it has slowed down quite a bit. If anyone hasn't yet, I very much appreciate any and all votes!

Beta testing is going smoothly and an April release date looks likely (the only obstacle left to it being Greenlight).

Cudgel

Learned
Patron
I voted and going to check out Voidspire, it looks like a great game and the length sounds perfect for those of us with huge backlogs i.e. everyone on steam.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I voted and going to check out Voidspire, it looks like a great game and the length sounds perfect for those of us with huge backlogs i.e. everyone on steam.
yeaj, i heard about this game on the dex several moons ago. Havent had the chance to try it, but it is def on my too list

Ent

Savant
Its a bummer that you have to go through greenlight again. I'm surprised you have to do the process all over again after you got Voidspire onto steam.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Great, very excited to see what you produce. Voted, of course!

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Thanks guys!

Is there any chance for a GOG release?

I am going to submit it to GoG, despite the reaction to Voidspire being what Kalasanty described. Alvora Tactics is slightly better-looking, so maybe it has a chance? (Probably not.)

Its a bummer that you have to go through greenlight again. I'm surprised you have to do the process all over again after you got Voidspire onto steam.

Yeah, it is kind of a pain. In a way, I'm actually looking forward to Steam Direct (assuming the fee is reasonable).

Sarastro

Novice
Sounds great, I'm really looking forward to play it.
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for games to pass Greenlight or how long it took for Voidspire specifically?

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
Voidspire took approximately 45 days.

It looks like Alvora could take about half that time? It appears that Greenlight's internal traffic is practically nil compared to what it used to be, so I have to rely entirely on external links. So it depends on how many good external spam links I create. If I just left it alone from here on, it may never get approved.

Of course, because the invisible threshold for approval on Greenlight changes every year, estimates are difficult.

This is why my release date is just "April" instead of a specific date. : P

Zetor

Arcane
From what I've read, Greenlight approval is (at least in part) a manual process. I hope whichever Valve employee is involved recognizes that 1] you already got a game past Greenlight, 2] it got universally good reviews and 3] this is a sequel to that game and not just another Flappy Bird zombie shooter survival game with crafting and steam cards. Considering they put greenlight in place to keep shovelware / asset-replaced trash from flooding the marketplace (and it sucks at that, but still), letting legit games through from developers who've already proven themselves sounds like a no-brainer.

But then again, :gaben:

Eldiran

Rad Codex
Developer
I hope so too Zetor.

I made a short post today about the progress Alvora Tactics is making through Greenlight.

To summarize: I've got a good Yes percentage but otherwise it is slow going. With the 300+ Yes votes I've gotten, I think I'm guaranteed to get in... eventually. Might have to push my release back into May. However, the good news is I spent the extra time adding to the game, such as improving the lighting, and reimplementing the journal (which was originally going to be cut).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom