Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Vote for AoD!

Discussion in 'Iron Tower Studio' started by Vault Dweller, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Paranoid Jack Scholar

Paranoid Jack
    This thread is like a snowball rolling down-hill... it just keeps getting bigger and it's out of control.

^ Top  
  2. John Yossarian Magister

John Yossarian
    LOL. I was wondering when you were gonna snap.

^ Top  
  3. Atrokkus Erudite

Atrokkus
    The hivemind (myself included) can be so fucking braindead stubborn at times.

^ Top  
  4. Gambler Augur

Gambler
    Yes.

No. It would simply mean that you used the poll and failed.

^ Top  
  5. Seven Erudite

Seven
    Quit being asshole. So when you said scam you meant scam, and now you admit it wasn't a scam. Fine and great, so now I can't express my opinion just because it rubs you the wrong way? And yeah, I'm braindead and stubborn because I politely expressed my views.

You know, I've re-read the thread, and yeah for some people it was a big deal, so fine, blow off some steam, but don't think you can blame it on the hivemind or anything remotely like that. I don't want to re-hash what's already been said (especially since it seems like you've had enough), but the idea to knock AoD to a lesser place was just dumb, plain and simple.

EDIT: BTW, if you don't mind kindly point out where you previously said
    Not to be picky or anything, but if you're going insult me and blow like that then I should at least have it coming.

^ Top  
  6. Elwro Arcane

Elwro
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Just put a notice saying "If they don't write in Cyrodillic/Cyrillic/Cylindrigoddamit in your home country, don't vote here. You suck. Thank you, please leave immediately." above the poll and everything will be perfect.

^ Top  
  7. galsiah Erudite

galsiah
    Personally I completely agree with you that it's not particularly helpful for AoD to get to number 1 from codex support (though there was nothing really wrong in it). The fact that it was around 13th to start with is very encouraging.

I still think that it would make sense to consider changing the voting system / voting page information etc., so that at least you've improved what you can from your end.

If you'd had a discreet but clear "Please only vote if you use this site - we'd like to know our users' opinions.", I think most people here would have respected that. Such a message might appear a little odd to a few of your users, but it's hardly going to put anyone off your site [who really cares about non-functional text on a voting page?].

^ Top  
  8. Ibis Novice

Ibis
    Wow Vault Dweller, everyone probably knows this but AoD is #1 at that poll right now! Great show since it was listed at #14 at the beginning of the thread.

I am amazed. Look at some of the titles below you too ... Gothic 3, my hubby's been waiting forever for that game to come out!

^ Top  
  9. Atrokkus Erudite

Atrokkus
    My bad, Seven. Indeed, in a flurry of posts, I failed to express that I admit the legitimacy of my fellow codexians' votes. And still, it is rather irrelevant to our disucssion.

You didn't cheat, but you shouldn't have voten either -- that's my standpoint here. I'm not ordering anyone around, I'm just saying that someone told VD that there is this poll and it basically evolved into a flashmob of sorts. You see, our poll is aimed towards determining the preferences of Russian-speaking gamerbase, because otehrwise we would make an english version of the poll (or the english version of the site). I would like to emphasize that such a "clean" voting, with no "intervention" from codex, would have benefited AoD in a way that it would show the Russian gamerbase's interest -- and this is something of importance for the project -- I tihink VD would agree with that.

What happened was pretty much like if an russian citizen was asked to vote for American president or something -- that woulnd't make sense, would it? (though I know it can be argued, heh).

^ Top  
  10. Whipporowill Erudite

Whipporowill
    Comparing voting for a country's president to voting on the internet is pretty silly Metallix - since everyone COULD participate they did. Not even the same bloody ballpark! Just keep the voting in the russian forums, or in kyrillic letters the next time instead of making up new rules "who should or should not" vote in an open poll on the internet... :roll:

^ Top  
  11. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    That's a dumb standpoint, Metallix, with all due respect. If there is a poll with an unrestricted access, any "well, you shouldn't have voted there" comments are silly. Plain and simple. It's like saying "CRPG.ru isn't for you, it's only for the Russian audience, and by entering the site you've screwed up our statistics. THANKSALOT!!!"

Why didn't you say so? I know the answer. Judging by the pre-Codex results of the poll, the Russian-speaking gamerbase doesn't give a shit about your poll. There. Happy now? :lol:

No. VD happens to think that all polls are gay and usually mean shit. The election results alone confirm my pseudo-scientific conclusions.

The access to the poll was unrestricted, basically saying "Please come and vote, our dear american friends! We owe your country so much!" :lol: There wasn't even a simple warning that could have been easily translated by BF: "This poll is for Russian midgets with fake beards between the age of 27 and 29 ONLY!!! Please respect our fucked up way of life. Thanks in advance!". In which case your righteous anger would have been justified.

^ Top  
  13. Alacroin Novice

Alacroin
    No he didn't get disqualified, but the guys who decide the final name for that bridge are free to ignore the results of the voting, and can name the bridge whatever they want.And as far as i know, no bridge can be named after a living person, so it will probably end up bein Zrínyi Miklos Bridge or something like that......

Oh....my first post here...so...Hi?

^ Top  
  14. Atrokkus Erudite

Atrokkus
    Hmm. and why then did you bother with this poll at all, eh?

I know it sounds stupid, but so is the voting spree that you initiated, sorry. I mean, well yeah you think polls are gay and shit, but why bother with one then? For some people, polls do mean something. And you can't deny the relevancy of AoD -- it really shows if there's any interest among russian gamerbase. You just can't argue with that.

^ Top  
  15. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Can't figure it out, eh?

Nope. All I did was ask people to vote in a poll where AoD was listed. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Amusement, curiosity, and some quick and easy hype points.

Some people think that Oblivion is the most awesome RPG ever, so what's your point?

There are two things that show if there's any interest:

a) forum activities
    b) the actual sales

Anything else is meaningless.

^ Top  
  16. Balor Arcane

Balor
    Oh, VD, don't be petty.
    It's still there on the first place... however, I really say that this system where you can vote multiple times for one game is kinda overly screweable.
    Makes it vulnerable for fanboi attacks... I do think that it deserve it's first place if half what you said is true. And if it does not have too many game-breaking bugs.

^ Top  
  17. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    I'm not saying that it isn't nice. It certainly is. However, it's meaningless.

Which isn't my fault. I didn't hax0r in 4 extra voting slots to ensure AoD's rise to powah. However, even if you discount the multiple votes, AoD is #3.

This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever told me.

^ Top  
  18. Lumpy Arcane

Lumpy
    AoD deserve its first place? How can it, when 90% of crpg.ru, or of the whole RPG playing population in general, haven't even heard about it?

^ Top  
  19. John Yossarian Magister

John Yossarian
    It says so in the Bible.

^ Top  
  20. Gambler Augur

Gambler
    So... Should I post the liks to that poll on the official NWN2 forum? Gothic 3 forum? I won't be my fault either.

^ Top  
  21. John Yossarian Magister

John Yossarian
    Yes. Piss of the tavarish some more.

^ Top  
  22. Claw Erudite Patron

Claw
    Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    ^ Top  
  23. Vault Dweller Commissar, Red Star Studio Developer

Vault Dweller
    Be my guest. In fact, please do it. Btw, the link has been posted at Bioware forums, which didn't affect Dragon Age rating much.

^ Top  
  24. Atrokkus Erudite

Atrokkus
    Okay from now on I care absolutely nothing about that poll. I won't try to persade Eddard or somesuch -- if he cuts the votes - fine, I won't move a muscle. After all, polls *are* gay in their nature (although my statement on AoD russian rating relevancy is still left there standing, uncontested).

This dispute ends now.

^ Top  
  25. GhanBuriGhan Erudite

GhanBuriGhan
    *crosses fingers*

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.